Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 5.10 "Move Pointer" stuck Post 302955812 by TRex_2005 on Monday 21st of September 2015 11:37:13 PM
Old 09-22-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea
What is the output of these commands:
Code:
echo $DESKTOP_SESSION
dmesg | grep -i mouse

hth
Sorry it has taken so long to respond. When I enter these two commands I don't get any returns. The first one just says unidentified variable, and the second one just returns to a prompt.

---------- Post updated at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeNuke2
On the login screen you should be able to choose your desktop.
On the log in screen the only thing I can see that would be the desktop session option is CDE. Does that help?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

boot process stuck on "Welcome to AIX" banner

Good afternoon, I'm currently working on an IBM 9110-510, with an AIX 6.1 on it. Currently, I've put an HyperTerminal on the machine vty0. Folowing the procedure given by a support guy(§details), I'm able to get to the AIX banner ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nilleb
6 Replies

2. Solaris

Printer Entries stuck "finished printing"

On Solaris 8, when I do a lpstat -o: I have tried cancel 140828p-16974, but the entries remain New prints to this printer and others work successfully. Can anyone suggest how to get rid of these entries. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmm
2 Replies

3. AIX

"fuser -c -k /XXX/XXXXXXX" Fails and stuck on AIX 6100-05-01-1016

Hi I was wondering if anybody has come across in a failure of fuser command. We have a backup script that is: fuser -c -k /XXX/XXXXXXX sync;sync umount /XXX/XXXXXXX/ backup -0 -f /dev/rmt0.1 -u /dev/XXXXXXXlv mount /XXX/XXXXXXX/ sync;sync The script is called from crontab via an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggovotsis
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Programming

php stop "internal row pointer" when fetch from mysql

Hi gurus, I need to call php function for fetching data from mysql but I dont want to move internal row pointer (IRP) forward. Or even get the actual IRP position then fetch data and move IRP back to remembered position. Function mysql_data_seek() is not suitable for my example because I am trying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wakatana
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Processes on FreeBSD are stuck in "pipewr" state

Hi Experts, I am executing "svn" checkout command through my java code on a freeBSD machine. SVN checkout gets started , but when I run "top" command on my freebsd machine, I have observed that "svn" processes are stuck in "pipewr" state. Any pointer for this problem? Thanks, akash (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash.mahakode
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Counting vowels in string. "Comparison pointer-integer".

I'm trying to write a programme which scans strings to find how many vowels they contain. I get an error saying that I'm trying to compare a pointer and an integer inif(*v == scanme){. How can I overcome this ? Also, the programme seems to scan only the first word of a string e.g.: if I type "abc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fakuse
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Printer configuration Migration from Solaris 10 "LP" to Solaris 11 "CUPS"

Need to find a way to import an LP printers.conf file to CUPS. I have some new Solaris 11.1 boxes that need to have 300 printers added. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
0 Replies

9. IP Networking

Stuck at "bringing up interface eth0:"

Server is stuck at "Stuck at "bringing up interface eth0:"" after i hard reset the server I have IPMI access, please help me diagnose the cause if you can :( (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: postcd
0 Replies
GNOME-SESSION(1)					      General Commands Manual						  GNOME-SESSION(1)

NAME
gnome-session - Starts up the GNOME desktop environment SYNOPSIS
gnome-session [--autostart=DIR] [--default-session-key=KEY] [--failsafe|-f] [--debug] DESCRIPTION
The gnome-session program starts up the GNOME desktop environment. This command is typically executed by your login manager (either gdm, xdm, or from your X startup scripts). It will load either your saved session, or it will provide a default session for the user as defined by the system administrator (or the default GNOME installation on your system). The default session is defined in the GConf keys under /desktop/gnome/session. When saving a session, gnome-session saves the currently running applications in the $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/gnome-session/saved-session directory. gnome-session is an X11R6 session manager. It can manage GNOME applications as well as any X11R6 SM compliant. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --autostart=DIR Start all applications defined in DIR, instead of starting the applications defined in /desktop/gnome/session/default_session, or via the --default-session-key option. Multiple --autostart options can be passed. --default-session-key=KEY Sets the GConf key from which applications running a default session should be read to KEY. If not specificed, /desktop/gnome/ses- sion/default_session will be used. --failsafe gnome-session will run in fail-safe mode. User-specified applications will not be started. --debug Enable debugging code. ENVIRONMENT
gnome-session accepts all of the standard environment variables used by gnome programs, other than the SESSION_MANAGER environment vari- able. gnome-session also sets several environment variables for the use of its child processes. SESSION_MANAGER This variable is used by session-manager aware clients to contact gnome-session. DISPLAY This variable is set to the X display being used by gnome-session. Note that if the --display option is used this might be different from the setting of the environment variable when gnome-session is invoked. SEE ALSO
gnome-session-properties(1) gnome-session-save(1) gnome-wm(1) BUGS
If you find bugs in the gnome-session program, please report these on http://bugzilla.gnome.org. GNOME GNOME-SESSION(1)