Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FINDING DUPLICATE PROJECT ( directory project ) Post 302955759 by RudiC on Monday 21st of September 2015 10:54:22 AM
Old 09-21-2015
How about
Code:
while read PROJ; do PROJ=${PROJ##*/}; echo $PROJ; done < $MY_TEMP_RESULT_1 | sort | uniq -d
another_project
dir_1-3-2-1-1
some_project

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

project

i want to do hospital project in c++ or java in unix/linux platforms what are the required softwares i should have and how to install oracle,java in linux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nrusimha
1 Replies

2. Linux

project

hi, iam doing my MCA finial year project in linux-c language.my project name 'stream control transmission protocol'.it is about message passing to server from client through packet,please help in this i want to know the coding for this or tell me the any link for this coding. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anurakrish
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicate files by size and finding pattern matching and its count

Hi, I have a challenging task,in which i have to find the duplicate files by its name and size,then i need to take anyone of the file.Then i need to open the file and find for more than one pattern and count of that pattern. Note:These are the samples of two files,but i can have more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome Sukumar
2 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

r-project

Hi folks, Any folk has experience on r-Project; The R Project for Statistical Computing Please shed me some light on its main application with examples. The package is availabl on Ubuntu repo; $ apt-cache policy r-base-html r-base-html: Installed: (none) Candidate: 2.4.1-1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
0 Replies

5. Solaris

SSH doesn't pick up user's project from /etc/project

We have a system running ssh. When a user logs in, they do not get the project they are assigned to (they run under "system"). I verify the project using the command "ps -e -o user,pid,ppid,args,project". If you do a "su - username", the user does get the project they are assigned to (and all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurgan
2 Replies

6. Linux

Help me in finding ideas for Linux Project

Hi guys.. I m newbie to this forum. Basically, i need help in my final year B.E project. I will need some ideas or hints to decide my Project Topic on/for Linux. If you ask me why i choose Linux.. then i wud say I want to contribute more to open source community and eagerly want to learn... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SRJSRJ
2 Replies

7. Solaris

what is the use of /etc/project file and project administration commands?

i have two doubts.. 1. what is the use /etc/project file. i renamed this file and when i tried to switch user or login with some user account the login was happening slowly. but when i renamed it to original name it was working fine... why so? 2. unix already has useradd and grouadd for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
4 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Need ideas for graduation project based on unix or linux Need ideas for graduation project based on

Dear all, i am in last year of electronics department in engineering faculty i need suggestions for a graduation project based on unix or free bsd or linux and electronics "embedded linux " i think about embedded unix for example or device drivers please i need helps (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MOHA-1
1 Replies

9. News, Links, Events and Announcements

A new project was posted on The UNIX and Linux Forums project board.

A new project was posted on your project board. Project title: Bash Shell Tutoring Estimated Budget: $50/hr Start date: Immediately Required skills: Linux, Bash, Shell, UNIX I work as a datawarehouse designer and developer. Although I usually stick to the role of an analyst,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
Directory::Scratch::Structured(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Directory::Scratch::Structured(3pm)

NAME
Directory::Scratch::Structured - creates temporary files and directories from a structured description SYNOPSIS
my %tree_structure = ( dir_1 => { subdir_1 =>{}, file_1 =>[], file_a => [], }, dir_2 => { subdir_2 => { file_22 =>[], file_2a =>[], }, file_2 =>[], file_a =>['12345'], file_b =>[], }, file_0 => [] , ) ; use Directory::Scratch::Structured qw(create_structured_tree) ; my $temporary_directory = create_structured_tree(%tree_structure) ; or use Directory::Scratch ; use Directory::Scratch::Structured qw(piggyback_directory_scratch) ; my $temporary_directory = Directory::Scratch->new; $temporary_directory->create_structured_tree(%tree_structure) ; DESCRIPTION
This module adds a create_structured_tree subroutine to the Directory::Scratch. DOCUMENTATION
I needed a subroutine to create a bunch of temporary directories and files while running tests. I used the excellent Directory::Scratch to implement such a functionality. I proposed the subroutine to the Directory::Scratch author but he preferred to implement a subroutine using an unstructured input data based on the fact that Directory::Scratch didn't use structured data. This is, IMHO, flawed design, though it may require slightly less typing. I proposed a hybrid solution to reduce the amount of subroutines and integrate the subroutine using structured input into Directory::Scratch but we didn't reach an agreement on the API. Instead I decided that I would piggyback on Directory::Scratch. You can access create_structured_tree through a subroutine or a method through a Directory::Scratch object. Whichever interface you choose, the argument to the create_structured_tree consists of tuples (hash entries). The key represents the name of the object to create in the directory. If the value is of type: ARRAY A file will be created, it's contents are the contents of the array (See Directory::Scratch) HASH A directory will be created. the element of the hash will also be , recursively, created OTHER The subroutine will croak. SUBROUTINES
/METHODS create_structured_tree use Directory::Scratch::Structured qw(create_structured_tree) ; my $temporary_directory = create_structured_tree(%tree_structure) ; my $base = $temporary_directory->base() ; Returns a default Directory::Scratch object. directory_scratch_create_structured_tree Adds create_structured_tree to Directory::Scratch when you Load Directory::Scratch::Structured with the piggyback_directory_scratch option. use Directory::Scratch ; use Directory::Scratch::Structured qw(piggyback_directory_scratch) ; my $temporary_directory = Directory::Scratch->new; $temporary_directory->create_structured_tree(%tree_structure) ; _create_structured_tree Used internally by both interfaces piggyback Used internally to piggyback Directory::Scratch. BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
None so far. AUTHOR
Khemir Nadim ibn Hamouda CPAN ID: NKH mailto:nadim@khemir.net LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SUPPORT
You can find documentation for this module with the perldoc command. perldoc Directory::Scratch::Structured You can also look for information at: o AnnoCPAN: Annotated CPAN documentation <http://annocpan.org/dist/Directory-Scratch-Structured> o RT: CPAN's request tracker Please report any bugs or feature requests to L <bug-directory-scratch-structured@rt.cpan.org>. We will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as we make changes. o Search CPAN <http://search.cpan.org/dist/Directory-Scratch-Structured> SEE ALSO
Directory::Scratch perl v5.10.1 2010-03-22 Directory::Scratch::Structured(3pm)