Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Flip slash in korn shell
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Flip slash in korn shell Post 302955614 by sea on Saturday 19th of September 2015 12:50:17 PM
Old 09-19-2015
Well, we'll need to see the code.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script: Cut / (slash) character in string

I have a string "\/scratch\/databases\". I want to have a new string "\/scratch\/databases" by cutting last '\' character using shell script. I can't do this Please help me. Thanks in advance ThuongTranVN (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ThuongTranVN
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

KORN Shell - Spawn new shell with commands

I want to be able to run a script on one server, that will spawn another shell which runs some commands on another server.. I have seen some code that may help - but I cant get it working as below: spawn /usr/bin/ksh send "telnet x <port_no>\r" expect "Enter command: " send "LOGIN:x:x;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert from korn shell to normal shell with this code?

well i have this code here..and it works fine in kornshell.. #!/bin/ksh home=c:/..../ input=$1 sed '1,3d' $input > $1.out line="" cat $1.out | while read a do line="$line $a" done echo $line > $1 rm $1.out however...now i want it just in normal sh mode..how to convert this?... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
21 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What is DNS flip?

Could anybody please help me to understand, 1. what is DNS flip? 2. what happens when MX record does not exist for domain ? Who takes initiative and returns error to mailer ? 3. and how mailertable works in sendmail? Sorry if i have put too many questions in single thread. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ynilesh
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to flip values of two columns and add an extra column

Hi guys, Couldn't find the solution of this problem. Please Help! I have a file- Input_File TC200232 92 30 TC215306 2 74 TC210135 42 14 I want an output file in which if column2>column3, the values are swapped and an additional column with value Rev_Com is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: smriti_shridhar
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Substitute single backward-slash with the double backward-slash

Hi, I have a path like this c:\test\sample\programs, i need to change thiis to c:\\test\\sample\\programs. How to perform this? I tried tr command but it didn't help me. Thanks Vijayan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvictorvijayan
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to append backward slash before forward slash

Hi all, I need to know way of inserting backward slash before forward slash. My problem is that i need to supply directory path as an argument while invoking cshell script. This argument is further used in script (i.e. sed is used to insert this path in some file). So i need to place \ in front... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to activate Korn Shell functionnalities in Bourne Shell

Hi All I have writing a Korn Shell script to execute it on many of our servers. But some servers don't have Korn Shell installed, they use Borne Shell. Some operations like calculation don't work : cat ${file1} | tail -$((${num1}-${num2})) > ${file2} Is it possible to activate Korn Shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne shell & Korn shell

Could some one tell me the difference btw Bourne shell and the Kshell? Which is more flexible and reliable in terms of portability and efficiency. When i type the following command .. $ echo $SHELL yields me /bin/sh Does this tells me that I am in Bourne shell. If yes, how can i get... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
6 Replies
ERR_GET_LIB(3)							      OpenSSL							    ERR_GET_LIB(3)

NAME
ERR_GET_LIB, ERR_GET_FUNC, ERR_GET_REASON - get library, function and reason code SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/err.h> int ERR_GET_LIB(unsigned long e); int ERR_GET_FUNC(unsigned long e); int ERR_GET_REASON(unsigned long e); DESCRIPTION
The error code returned by ERR_get_error() consists of a library number, function code and reason code. ERR_GET_LIB(), ERR_GET_FUNC() and ERR_GET_REASON() can be used to extract these. The library number and function code describe where the error occurred, the reason code is the information about what went wrong. Each sub-library of OpenSSL has a unique library number; function and reason codes are unique within each sub-library. Note that different libraries may use the same value to signal different functions and reasons. ERR_R_... reason codes such as ERR_R_MALLOC_FAILURE are globally unique. However, when checking for sub-library specific reason codes, be sure to also compare the library number. ERR_GET_LIB(), ERR_GET_FUNC() and ERR_GET_REASON() are macros. RETURN VALUES
The library number, function code and reason code respectively. SEE ALSO
err(3), ERR_get_error(3) HISTORY
ERR_GET_LIB(), ERR_GET_FUNC() and ERR_GET_REASON() are available in all versions of SSLeay and OpenSSL. 0.9.7a 2000-01-31 ERR_GET_LIB(3)