Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Modifying properties to use scsi-3 reservation for disks with two paths in sun cluster Post 302955532 by sb200 on Friday 18th of September 2015 08:44:22 AM
Old 09-18-2015
Thank for reply Hickd8

In my setup , I am using T5240 server as storage using iscsitadm command creating LUNs & T2000 server as two nodes.

For you information, amity user is used by my real brother & we both are working on the same issue

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The difference between SCSI & IDE Hard disks.

Hello agian ! What is the difference between SCSI and IDE hard disks ? I have Intel PC and when i check i have Generic IDE TYPE DISK0 is IDE hard disk is ok for Solrais ? or should i buy the SCSI hard disk ? Thanks Abid Malik (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
3 Replies

2. AIX

SCSI Disks

Hi Is it possible to install in p5 and pSeries SCSI Disks from SUN on DELL? Will they work? Regards, Pit (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: piooooter
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Reclaiming EMC disks after losing paths

First time writer....take it easy on me. I had a situation where I lost all paths to EMC disk. There was a failure on the EMC frame. After that was repaired, my server had a difficult time reclaiming all disks and veritas had marked the disks as failed. Veritas was confused. What are some of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sowser
3 Replies

4. Linux

Modifying Linux in WesternDigital net disks

Hi, I am installing perl and rsnapshot on the OS of a Western Digital MyBook disk. To install perl the ./Configure command tells me that both 'tr' and 'split' are missing. I don't find them on the net. Where can I download them? Thanks. Charles. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mosndup
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun cluster and Veritas cluster question.

Yesterday my customer told me to expect a vcs upgrade to happen in the future. He also plans to stop using HDS and move to EMC. Am thinking how to migrate to sun cluster setup instead. My plan as follows leave the existing vcs intact as a fallback plan. Then install and build suncluster on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun cluster 4.0 - zone cluster failover doubt

Hello experts - I am planning to install a Sun cluster 4.0 zone cluster fail-over. few basic doubts. (1) Where should i install the cluster s/w binaries ?. ( global zone or the container zone where i am planning to install the zone fail-over) (2) Or should i perform the installation on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NVA
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Unknown Disks "offline or reservation conflict"

Hi All, I am a RH Linux admin that recently started working at a company with a number of SUN Servers so it's been an interesting transition. Considering the last person left with very little documentation left behind so I have been picking up most issues half complete, or troubleshot. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MobileGSP
7 Replies

8. HP-UX

HP-UX check SCSI reservation

Hi guys, I need some help to better understand how to determine if a disk have persistent SCSI reservation. I know that we should use the "Persisten Reservation Utility" but we are not allowed to run that tool. Since we have the output from some grab utility and specifically we have the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cecco16
0 Replies
scconf_quorum_dev_scsi(1M)				  System Administration Commands				scconf_quorum_dev_scsi(1M)

NAME
scconf_quorum_dev_scsi - Add and remove shared SCSI quorum devices and change various SCSI cluster quorum configuration properties or states. SYNOPSIS
scconf {-a|-c|-r} -q globaldev=devicename otheroptions scconf {-a|-c|-r} -q name=devicename otheroptions DESCRIPTION
Note - Beginning with the Sun Cluster 3.2 release, Sun Cluster software includes an object-oriented command set. Although Sun Cluster software still supports the original command set, Sun Cluster procedural documentation uses only the object-oriented command set. For more infor- mation about the object-oriented command set, see the Intro(1CL) man page. A SCSI quorum device is considered to be any Sun Cluster supported, attached storage that is connected to two or more nodes of the cluster. The device must be managed by DID, and the device name that is provided must be a DID device name. The SCSI quorum device has no other properties that can be specified. OPTIONS
The following options are specific to shared disk quorum devices. See scconf(1M) for the list of supported generic options. See scconf_quo- rum_dev_netapp_nas(1M) for options that are specific to NAS quorum devices. The add and remove forms of the command are used to add and remove shared quorum devices to or from the configuration. The change form of the command is used for changing various properties of cluster quorum configuration. The -q quorum-options available for each of the three forms of the command can be used to change the cluster quorum configuration are as follows: Add a shared quorum device: -q -a globaldev=devicename[, node=node,node=node[, ...]] or -q -a name= devicename,type=scsi or -q -a autoconfig[,noop] Change a property or state of quorum configuration: -q -c globaldev=devicename,{maintstate | reset} or -q -c autoconfig[,noop] Remove a shared quorum device: -q -r globaldev=devicename or -q -r name=devicename autoconfig When used with the add form of the command, automatically chooses and assigns one quorum device in the two-node cluster. The quorum device is chosen from the available devices. If a quorum device is already configured, the command aborts. When used with the change form of the command, automatically chooses and assigns one device that replaces all existing quorum devices in the two-node cluster. The quorum device is chosen from the available devices. All available devices in the cluster must be qualified to be a quorum device. The autoconfig suboption does not assess whether an available device is qualified to be a quorum device. If the cluster contains more than two nodes, the autoconfig suboption makes no changes to the quorum configuration. Do not use the autoconfig suboption if you intend to configure a NAS device as quorum. [,noop] Is valid with the autoconfig suboption. The command prints to standard output the list of quorum devices that the autoconfig suboption would add or change. The autoconfig,noop suboption makes no changes to the quorum configuration. When scconf is interrupted or fails while performing quorum-related operations, quorum configuration information can become inconsistent in the cluster configuration database. If an inconsistency occurs, either run the same scconf command again or run it with the reset option to reset the quorum information. With the add form of the command, if a name is specified without a node list, the quorum device is added with a port defined for every node to which the device is attached. But, if a node list is given, at least two nodes must be provided, and each node in the list must be ported to the device. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Adding SCSI Quorum Devices The following scconf commands adds a SCSI quorum device. -a -q globaldev=/dev/did/rdsk/d4s2 or -a -q name=/dev/did/rdsk/d4s2,type=scsi Example 2 Changing SCSI Quorum Devices The following scconf command changes a SCSI quorum device configuration. -c -q globaldev=/dev/did/rdsk/d4s2,reset or -c -q name=/dev/did/rdsk/d4s2,reset Example 3 Removing SCSI Quorum Devices The following scconf command removes the SCSI quorum device. qd1. -r -q globaldev=qd1 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsczu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Intro(1CL), clquorum(1CL), cluster(1CL), scconf(1M), scconf_quorum_dev_netapp_nas(1M) Sun Cluster 3.2 10 Apr 2006 scconf_quorum_dev_scsi(1M)