Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with wildcard
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Help with wildcard Post 302955443 by sea on Thursday 17th of September 2015 11:02:05 AM
Old 09-17-2015
Heya Brady, please use code tags for code, output, or any other kind structured text.

But figure yourself:
Code:
check_path="/volumes/audioNAS/Firstcom/Access Music"
if [ -r "$check_path" ] 
then	for item in "$check_path"/*
	do 	case "${item##*/}" in
		AM017Q)	echo yay ; break	;;
		esac
	done
fi

Compared to:

Code:
check_path="/volumes/audioNAS/Firstcom/Access Music"
if [ -r "$check_path" ] 
then	for item in "$check_path"/*
	do 	case "${item##*/}" in
		AM017Q)	echo yay ; break	;;
		esac
	done
else	echo "Cant read: $check_path!"
fi

For the future, thank you.
Hope this helps

EDIT:
Explanation:
This will look all files/folders (item) of check_path - if it can read from there at all, and if an entry is found named AM017Q it will print yay and break the loop.

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 09-17-2015 at 03:30 PM.. Reason: Additional code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find wildcard .shtml files in wildcard directories and removing them- How's it done?

I'm trying to figure out how to build a small shell script that will find old .shtml files in every /tgp/ directory on the server and delete them if they are older than 10 days... The structure of the paths are like this: /home/domains/www.domain2.com/tgp/ /home/domains/www.domain3.com/tgp/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neko
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wildcard

what will the cmd below do? ls *.3 1 members mentions that to seek all permutations and combinations of the mp3 extension ill have to use curly braces, {} and not, . what then will do? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wildcard comparison

Just a quick question: if I want to do a comparison with a wildcard in a shell script, do i just use '*'? Heres what I have: elif ; then continue but that doesnt evaluate right. It tries to compare against the literal '/apps*' instead of anything that begins with '/apps' (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdudejr
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

wildcard

Hi, I have this code to search all "cif" files using wildcard for file in *.cif do grep "Uiso" $file | awk '{ print $3, $4, $5 }' > tet done I get this error "grep: *.cif: No such file or directory" Please where am I going wrong!!! Thank you in advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: princessotes
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

wildcard help

Can someone please explain the wildcards in this. How is this recursive? When I put this in my terminal it recursively displayed everything. ls .* * (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use wildcard * in if?

Hi, Can anyone help me how to use * in if statement. File contains below line1:a|b|c|Apple-RED| line2:c|d|e|Apple-Green| line3:f|g|h|Orange| I need to find line by line 4th field contains 'Apple' or not. Please help me at the earliest. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jam_prasanna
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

wildcard help!!

i have got heaps of files (.pdf, .txt and .doc) files in one folder, i am making a program in PERL that helps me find the files i want easier using shell wildcard, something like this!! print "Enter a pattern: (must be in )"; $input = <STDIN>; if (The input is in and valid wildcard... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bshell_1214
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using wildcard in if statement

I'm trying to make a small script to see if you say a specific word, in bash. Here is my code so far : if ]; then echo "You typed Something Device Something" fi exit 0 It does not echo what it should, even if i type something along the lines of "random Device stuff" Please help,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DuskFall
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wildcard in ls

Hi Experts, I want to use ls in the below form: ls -l *.{txt,TXT} (working fine) but when i am declaring a variable, VAR="*.{txt,TXT}" ls -l $VAR is not working. Please help. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sugarcane
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wildcard for grep

GNU grep with Oracle Linux 6.3 I want to grep for strings starting with the pattern ora and and having the words r2j in it. It should return the lines highlighted in red below. But , I think I am not using wildcard for multiple characters correctly. $ cat someText.txt ora_pmon_jcpprdvp1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
3 Replies
PCQ(9)							   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual						    PCQ(9)

NAME
pcq -- producer/consumer queue SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/pcq.h> pcq_t * pcq_create(size_t maxlen, km_flags_t kmflags); void pcq_destroy(pcq_t *pcq); void * pcq_get(pcq_t *pcq); size_t pcq_maxitems(pcq_t *pcq); void * pcq_peek(pcq_t *pcq); bool pcq_put(pcq_t *pcq, void *item); DESCRIPTION
The machine-independent pcq interface provides lockless producer/consumer queues. A queue (pcq_t) allows multiple writers (producers), but only a single reader (consumer). The consumer is expected to be protected by a lock that covers the structure that the pcq_t is embedded into (e.g., socket lock, ifnet hwlock). These queues operate in a first-in, first-out (FIFO) manner. The act of inserting or removing an item from a pcq_t does not modify the item in any way. pcq does not prevent an item from being inserted multiple times into a single pcq_t. FUNCTIONS
pcq_create(maxlen, kmflags) Create a queue that can store at most maxlen items at one time. kmflags should be either KM_SLEEP, if pcq_create() is allowed to sleep until resources are available, or KM_NOSLEEP if it should return NULL immediately, if resources are unavailable. pcq_destroy(pcq) Free the resources held by pcq. pcq_get(pcq) Remove the next item to be consumed from the queue and return it. If the queue is empty, return NULL. The caller must prevent con- current gets from occuring. pcq_maxitems(pcq) Return the maximum number of items that the queue can store at any one time. pcq_peek(pcq) Return the next item to be consumed from the queue but do not remove it from the queue. If the queue is empty, return NULL. pcq_put(pcq, item) Place an item at the end of the queue. If there is no room in the queue for the item, return false; otherwise, return true. The item must not have the value of NULL. CODE REFERENCES
The pcq interface is implemented within the file sys/kern/subr_pcq.c. SEE ALSO
atomic_ops(3), queue(9) HISTORY
The pcq interface first appeared in NetBSD 6.0. BSD
January 22, 2012 BSD