Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rm file named '--log-file'
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Rm file named '--log-file' Post 302955427 by rbatte1 on Thursday 17th of September 2015 09:23:58 AM
Old 09-17-2015
You could also use the i-node:-
Code:
ls -li | grep log-file

The first column is the i-node, then you can do this:-
Code:
find . -inum inum -exec rm {} \;

Just another way if the others don't. It can be very good for removing files with space in them too.

Robin
Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trying to delete a file named -e

I've been trying in vain to delete a file that I accidentally created. The name of the file is -e of course, everything I attempt to do with the rm command (rm -i * for example) comes back with: rm: illegal option -- e usage: rm file ... Any suggestions on what I can do to remove this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: steelrose
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Named Pipe contents to a file

I want to copy the contents of a named pipe to a file. I have tried using: cat pipe.p >> transcript.log but I have been unsuccessful, any ideas? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: carl_vieyra
4 Replies

3. Solaris

BIND 9 ---> no /etc/named.conf file after installation

Hi I installed BIND 9 from dvd image of my Solaris 10 (SUNWbind, SUNWbindr) and when I try to start it(svcadm enable network/dns/server), it says there is no /etc/named.conf file. Why is it so ? Should not this file be created during installation phase ? Do I have to create it manually ?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

pipe to file named with date

I would like to pipe (redirect ? - what is the right term?) the output of my script to a file named with the current date. If I run this at a command prompt: date +'%Y%m%d" ...it returns "20110429" OK, that's good... so I try: ./script.sh > "'date +%Y%m%d'.csv" I get a file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: landog
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Named.conf file missing Centos 5.

hello everyone, I have install centos 5 recently.The file /etc/named.conf not found. I have installed BIND using yum. so now what to do ?? should i create named.conf file manually ??? please help me. thanks, sharlin. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharlin
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cant able to delete file named '\'

Hi folks Please help to delete the file -rw-r--r-- 1 sri sri 157 Dec 13 04:42 \ here unexpectedly "\" is created. if am deleting using > rm \ --i cant able to delete by using the command ******* here is the output i got **** sri:> cat \ > please help me how to delete ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolboy98699
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing a file list via named pipe

I have a ksh93 script I use that processes a file list in the order that they exist in the list. I would like to speed up processing of the list by having multiple processes handle it at once. I was thinking that perhaps a good way to handle this would be to write the list to a named pipe and some... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: benalt
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting file named *

Hi, There is a file by name '*' in a hp-ux box. How can i delete the same? -rw-r--r-- 1 wleadm dba 1531 Jul 24 08:49 * need to delete this file named * without deleting any other file. Please help. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_bd
9 Replies

9. Solaris

Remove oddly named file

I accidentally saved a txt file in vi with the name ":q!". no amount of regex tomfoolery I can think of will allow me to remove the file. anyone got any ideas? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to test named pipe file?

Hi ALL, How can I test a given file name exists and if it is a named pipe file in shell script ? Thanks............ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mycode.in
2 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)