Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rm file named '--log-file'
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Rm file named '--log-file' Post 302955427 by rbatte1 on Thursday 17th of September 2015 09:23:58 AM
Old 09-17-2015
You could also use the i-node:-
Code:
ls -li | grep log-file

The first column is the i-node, then you can do this:-
Code:
find . -inum inum -exec rm {} \;

Just another way if the others don't. It can be very good for removing files with space in them too.

Robin
Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trying to delete a file named -e

I've been trying in vain to delete a file that I accidentally created. The name of the file is -e of course, everything I attempt to do with the rm command (rm -i * for example) comes back with: rm: illegal option -- e usage: rm file ... Any suggestions on what I can do to remove this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: steelrose
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Named Pipe contents to a file

I want to copy the contents of a named pipe to a file. I have tried using: cat pipe.p >> transcript.log but I have been unsuccessful, any ideas? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: carl_vieyra
4 Replies

3. Solaris

BIND 9 ---> no /etc/named.conf file after installation

Hi I installed BIND 9 from dvd image of my Solaris 10 (SUNWbind, SUNWbindr) and when I try to start it(svcadm enable network/dns/server), it says there is no /etc/named.conf file. Why is it so ? Should not this file be created during installation phase ? Do I have to create it manually ?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

pipe to file named with date

I would like to pipe (redirect ? - what is the right term?) the output of my script to a file named with the current date. If I run this at a command prompt: date +'%Y%m%d" ...it returns "20110429" OK, that's good... so I try: ./script.sh > "'date +%Y%m%d'.csv" I get a file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: landog
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Named.conf file missing Centos 5.

hello everyone, I have install centos 5 recently.The file /etc/named.conf not found. I have installed BIND using yum. so now what to do ?? should i create named.conf file manually ??? please help me. thanks, sharlin. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharlin
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cant able to delete file named '\'

Hi folks Please help to delete the file -rw-r--r-- 1 sri sri 157 Dec 13 04:42 \ here unexpectedly "\" is created. if am deleting using > rm \ --i cant able to delete by using the command ******* here is the output i got **** sri:> cat \ > please help me how to delete ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolboy98699
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing a file list via named pipe

I have a ksh93 script I use that processes a file list in the order that they exist in the list. I would like to speed up processing of the list by having multiple processes handle it at once. I was thinking that perhaps a good way to handle this would be to write the list to a named pipe and some... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: benalt
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting file named *

Hi, There is a file by name '*' in a hp-ux box. How can i delete the same? -rw-r--r-- 1 wleadm dba 1531 Jul 24 08:49 * need to delete this file named * without deleting any other file. Please help. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_bd
9 Replies

9. Solaris

Remove oddly named file

I accidentally saved a txt file in vi with the name ":q!". no amount of regex tomfoolery I can think of will allow me to remove the file. anyone got any ideas? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to test named pipe file?

Hi ALL, How can I test a given file name exists and if it is a named pipe file in shell script ? Thanks............ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mycode.in
2 Replies
YASAT(8)							     YASAT 526								  YASAT(8)

NAME
YASAT - simple stupid audit tool SYNOPSIS
yasat [--standard(-s)] [--list(-l)] [--debug(-d)] [--help(-h)] [--html(-H)] [--html-output PATH] [--advice-lang LANG] [--full-scan(-f)] [--plugins-dir(-P) PATH] [--nopause(-a)] [--plugin(-1) PATH] [--Plugin(-p) NAME] [--print-level X] [--check-update] DESCRIPTION
YASAT (Yet Another Stupid Audit Tool) is a simple stupid audit tool. Its goal is to be as simple as possible with minimum binary dependen- cies (only sed, grep and cut) Second goal is to document each test with maximum information and links to official documentation. It do many tests for checking security configuration issue or others good practice. It checks many software configurations like: Apache, Bind DNS, CUPS, PHP, kernel configuration, mysql, network configuration, openvpn, Packages update, samba, snmpd, squid, tomcat, user accounting, vsftpd, xinetd, OPTIONS
--standard (or -a) YASAT will performs a standard check of the system, printing out the results of each test to stdout. A log is also created in ~/.yasat/yasat.result by default --list (or -l) List all plugins available --html (or -H) YASAT will export results in html (default to ~/yasat/yasat.html) --html-output PATH With -H, this option permit to change the file where to store html output. --advice-lang LANG By default, YASAT print message in english (EN), you can change the displayed lang with this option. LANG is the 2letter digit of the lang you want. For the moment only EN is supported. --full-scan (or -f) YASAT will do extra (long) tests (lots of find). --plugins-dir PATH (or -P) Set the path where YASAT can find plugins to use. (default is ./plugins ) --nopause (or -a) By default, YASAT made a pause after each plugin. For automatize tests you can use this. --plugin PATH (or -1) YASAT will just use the plugin pointed by PATH (ex: yasat -1 kernel) --print-level x (or -1) YASAT will print infos equal or above the level X (All = 0 (default), infos = 1 warnings(orange) = 2, errors(red) = 3 --skip TEST A comma separated list of tests to skip without the .test (ex: --skip nfs,ntp). See yasat --list for all tests. --check-update Check if an update of YASAT exists --send-support Like --check-update, but it will send also as parameter your OS version for statistics. In the future, perhaps also a sort of send_bugs. LICENSING
YASAT is licensed under the GPL v3 license and under development by LABBE Corentin. CONTACT INFORMATION
All contacts informations could be found at http://yasat.sourceforge.net/ 526 21 May 2012 YASAT(8)