Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Canīt install Solaris in guest domain Post 302955257 by MuziKizuM on Tuesday 15th of September 2015 07:55:31 PM
Old 09-15-2015
Hi, itīs just a lab for university, iīm trying to show how to migrate a solaris 9 machine into solaris 11 machine.
I made two guest domain, but they canīt ping one each other, and canīt ping to primary too.
I have a vswitch in primary, and two vnet interfaces visible one for each guest domain but, canīt ping...
Any suggestion?

Thanks!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

unable to connect to solaris guest in vmware

hi All, I require your help and suggestion in this. I have a solaris 10 (guest) installed on a vmware and my host OS is windows 2003 server. i am trying to conenct to the solaris 10 from my local Pc through putty, but unable to connect. please advice what setup or prerequitsites are required to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bathija
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Migrating Solaris 8, 9 to Guest Domains (LDOMs)

Hi Everyone, one question is it possible to migrate a physical standalone Solaris 8 or 9 OS to Guest Domain (LDOMs). If yes, can someone please provide steps to migrate these OS to LDOMs. Thanks, Kartheek. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobby320
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] Cannot install KVM guest on CentOS/RedHat

Hi, I've a CentOS Server and I need to create KVM guest machine without X. /usr/sbin/virt-install --name server1 --ram 4000 --vcpus=8 --file=/srv/virtual/server1.img --file-size=20 --cdrom /tmp/server1.iso --mac=52:54:00:fd:48:7c The iso was created with cobbler... So, now the machine is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiddenshadow
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VMware Solaris Guest - How do I boot from CD?

Hello, I have a Solaris 10 x86 VM and I am trying to access the Solaris install menu. I have the ISO set to connect on startup, and I can see that it is mounted in my system. But when I power on the VM, the GRUB menu comes up and I only have the option of booting Solaris. Also I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Why I cannot access internet from Solaris guest using url?

Hi all, I'm using virtualbox bridged adapter Host:Windows 7 Guest: Solaris 11 while I can ping between the host and guess, I cannot access the Internet from the solaris guest. here's my settings: while I can ping 173.194.38.128 (which is actually google.com), I cannot ping... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris x86 guest in vmware workstation

I swear I have no other devices on the vmnet 192.168.142.2, but after I configured one of the solaris x86 os, I kept getting warning ..node xx xxxxx have our ip addresss 192.168.142.2, and it scrolled thru it forever .. I tried to boot it into single user mode , still having the same issue.. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Increase disk size of guest domain

Host System: SPARC S7-2 Server; 2x8-core CPUs; 128Gb RAM; 2x600Gb HDD. running Solaris 11.3. Last login: Tue Sep 19 14:42:42 2017 from xxx.xxx.xxx Oracle Corporation SunOS 5.11 11.3 June 2017 $ uname -a SunOS sog01 5.11 11.3 sun4v sparc sun4v $ Original physical systems: Sun... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: apmcd47
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Ldom guest volumen problem t8 Solaris 11

hello to everyone. im new member here. i have a problem with a guest ldom on solaris 11 sparc in a T8. I need to access to disk vds assigned to guest domain but from control domain. I want to modify a parameter in inittab of the guest domain because start guest domain give me problems... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Liam_
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Solaris 11 LDOM guest network not working

I'm really stuck here. I've created an LDOM on a SPARC T4-1 with Solaris 11.4 to run a copy of Linux for SPARC. I got the Linux ISO installed and Linux itself installed and booted OK. The only thing is is that there's no networking available in the Linux guest. This question is basically the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michele31416
7 Replies
nisping(1M)															       nisping(1M)

NAME
nisping - send ping to NIS+ servers SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/nis/nisping [-uf] [-H hostname] [-r | directory] /usr/lib/nis/nisping -C [-a] [-H hostname] [directory] In the first line, the nisping command sends a ``ping'' to all replicas of an NIS+ directory. Once a replica receives a ping, it will check with the master server for the directory to get updates. Prior to pinging the replicas, this command attempts to determine the last update "seen" by a replica and the last update logged by the master. If these two timestamps are the same, the ping is not sent. The -f (force) option will override this feature. Under normal circumstances, NIS+ replica servers get the new information from the master NIS+ server within a short time. Therefore, there should not be any need to use nisping. In the second line, the nisping -C command sends a checkpoint request to the servers. If no directory is specified, the home domain, as returned by nisdefaults(1), is checkpointed. If all directories, served by a given server, have to be checkpointed, then use the -a option. On receiving a checkpoint request, the servers would commit all the updates for the given directory from the table log files to the data- base files. This command, if sent to the master server, will also send updates to the replicas if they are out of date. This option is needed because the database log files for NIS+ are not automatically checkpointed. nisping should be used at frequent intervals (such as once a day) to checkpoint the NIS+ database log files. This command can be added to the crontab(1) file. If the database log files are not checkpointed, their sizes will continue to grow. If the server specified by the -H option does not serve the directory, then no ping is sent. Per-server and per-directory access restrictions may apply; see nisopaccess(1). nisping uses NIS_CPTIME and NIS_PING (resync (ping) of replicas), or NIS_CHECKPOINT (for checkpoint). Since the NIS_PING operation does not return a status, the nisping command is typically unable to indicate success or failure for resyncs. -a Checkpoint all directories on the server. -C Send a request to checkpoint, rather than a ping, to each server. The servers schedule to commit all the transactions to stable storage. -H hostname Only the host hostname is sent the ping, checked for an update time, or checkpointed. -f Force a ping, even though the timestamps indicate there is no reason to do so. This option is useful for debugging. -r This option can be used to update or get status about the root object from the root servers, especially when new root replicas are added or deleted from the list. If used without -u option, -r will send a ping request to the servers serving the root domain. When the replicas receive a ping, they will update their root object if needed. The -r option can be used with all other options except with the -C option; the root object need not be checkpointed. -u Display the time of the last update; no servers are sent a ping. -1 No servers were contacted, or the server specified by the -H switch could not be contacted. 0 Success. 1 Some, but not all, servers were successfully contacted. Example 1: Using nisping This example pings all replicas of the default domain: example% nisping Note that this example will not ping the org_dir and groups_dir subdirectories within this domain. This example pings the server example which is a replica of the org_dir.foo.com. directory: example% nisping -H example org_dir.foo.com. This example checkpoints all servers of the org_dir.bar.com. directory. example% nisping -C org_dir.bar.com. NIS_PATH If this variable is set, and the NIS+ directory name is not fully qualified, each directory specified will be searched until the directory is found. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ crontab(1), nisdefaults(1), nisopaccess(1), nislog(1M), nisfiles(4), attributes(5) NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the SolarisTM Operating Environment. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the Solaris 9 operating environment. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. 12 Dec 2001 nisping(1M)