Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking One router, 2 machines, to OS, 2 different ext. IP's? Post 302954933 by 1in10 on Sunday 13th of September 2015 08:37:04 AM
Old 09-13-2015
I would like to have a walkaround for the daily provider on the bsd-machine, both working as desktop, no server. The so called media-studio play station may connect via the provider as normally, the bsd workstation should connect to a hand picked server. The way you telling me, and as seeing it on both running, the same external IP, right. This also means to me, internal LAN via cable, something I'd like to change. And the easiest way to do so in bsd is the resolv.conf. Thats the reason why. Sure there is the method to change the socks5, and maybe a proxy etc. But to cut a long story short, I just want to jump on starting the bsd machine to a chosen server, thats all.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Limitation on *.ext

Is there a size limit when passing an argument using wildcards? I.E. when I pass an argument in the form (like) "ftp_auto *.txt" - is there a limitation on the size of UNIX expanding "*.txt" ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vslewis
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote Unix printing to my WinXP works with no router. How can I make it work through my router?

I set up remote printing on a clients Unix server to my Windows XP USB printer. My USB printer is connected directly to my PC (no print server and no network input on printer). With my Win XP PC connected to my cable modem (without the router), i can do lp -dhp842c /etc/hosts and it prints. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmhohne
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log ext

I have a script that does log rotation, at 10000k, it will print out the logs as follows: name.date.0.log(1gb) name.date.1.log(1gb) name.date.2.log(200mb) << current log being written to at midnight it reverts back to : name.date.0.log(size) I want it to be able to go past date.9.log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigbenn
2 Replies
CR_SEEOTHERGIDS(9)					   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					CR_SEEOTHERGIDS(9)

NAME
cr_seeothergids -- determine visibility of objects given their group memberships SYNOPSIS
int cr_seeothergids(struct ucred *u1, struct ucred *u2); DESCRIPTION
This function determines the visibility of objects in the kernel based on the group IDs in the credentials u1 and u2 associated with them. The visibility of objects is influenced by the sysctl(8) variable security.bsd.see_other_gids. If this variable is non-zero then all objects in the kernel are visible to each other irrespective of their group membership. If this variable is zero then the object with credentials u2 is visible to the object with credentials u1 if either u1 is the super-user credential, or if at least one of u1's group IDs is present in u2's group set. SYSCTL VARIABLES
security.bsd.see_other_gids Must be non-zero if objects with unprivileged credentials are to be able to see each other. RETURN VALUES
This function returns zero if the object with credential u1 can ``see'' the object with credential u2, or ESRCH otherwise. SEE ALSO
cr_seeotheruids(9), p_candebug(9) BSD
November 11, 2003 BSD