Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grepping verbal forms from a large corpus Post 302954879 by gimley on Friday 11th of September 2015 08:56:36 PM
Old 09-11-2015
Thanks once again. I tested it on a 28 Mb file. I ran the script in batch mode to test time in and time out. It took around 9 minutes to execute and the results are perfect. Incidentally this is a tool which can be used for generic pattern matching provided the pattern is correctly provided and I hope it will prove useful to others also.
Thanks a lot.
This User Gave Thanks to gimley For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Forms

Hi, I currently have a form containing three boxes of info to be filled in. I would like it so if the user presses F10 a list of company names is displayed, using the company names from a table I have. I would like this list to be in a popup window if it is possible. I am using Informix, sco-unix.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dan Rooney
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Forms

Hi Im new so be gentle Just starting out in programing and i want to try unix to see what all the fuss is about. But right now im like a kid in a sweet shop, spoilt for choice. Theres red hat, fedora, linux, ubuntu and thats just for starters I've been told ubuntu is a nice... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NightWatchman
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linguistic project: extract co-occurrences from text corpus

Hello guys, I've got a big corpus (a huge text file in which words are separated by one or several spaces). I would like to know if there is a simple way - using awk for instance - to extract any co-occurrence appearing at least 3times through the whole corpus for a given word. By co-occurrence,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobylapointe
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping large list of files

Hi All, I need help to know the exact command when I grep large list of files. Either using ls or find command. However I do not want to find in the subdirectories as the number of subdirectories are not fixed. How do I achieve that. I want something like this: find ./ -name "MYFILE*.txt"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance issue in Grepping large files

I have around 300 files(*.rdf,*.fmb,*.pll,*.ctl,*.sh,*.sql,*.prog) which are of large size. Around 8000 keywords(which will be in the file $keywordfile) needed to be searched inside those files. If a keyword is found in a file..I have to insert the filename,extension,catagoery,keyword,occurrence... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating Frequency of words from a file by accessing a corpus

Hello, I have a large file of syllables /strings in Urdu. Each word is on a separate line. Example in English: be at for if being attract I need to identify the frequency of each of these strings from a large corpus (which I cannot attach unfortunately because of size limitations) and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
7 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Dialog forms

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I need to create dialog interface for adress book i created a while ago but i don't know how to read info from forms 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms: #!/bin/bash knyga="adresu-knyga.txt" dialog... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasisken
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating verbal structures from a dictionary and a template

My main aim here is to create a database of verbs in a language to Hindi. The output if it works well will be put up on a University site for researchers to use for Machine Translation. This because one of the main weaknesses of MT is in the area of verbs. Sorry for the long post but the problem... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alignment tool to join text files in 2 directories to create a parallel corpus

I have two directories called English and Hindi. Each directory contains the same number of files with the only difference being that in the case of the English Directory the tag is .english and in the Hindi one the tag is .Hindi The file may contain either a single text or more than one text... (7 Replies)
7 Replies
Tcl_StringMatch(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures						Tcl_StringMatch(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_StringMatch, Tcl_StringCaseMatch - test whether a string matches a pattern SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> int Tcl_StringMatch(str, pattern) int Tcl_StringCaseMatch(str, pattern, flags) ARGUMENTS
const char *str (in) String to test. const char *pattern (in) Pattern to match against string. May contain special characters from the set *?[]. int flags (in) OR-ed combination of match flags, currently only TCL_MATCH_NOCASE. 0 specifies a case-sensitive search. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This utility procedure determines whether a string matches a given pattern. If it does, then Tcl_StringMatch returns 1. Otherwise Tcl_StringMatch returns 0. The algorithm used for matching is the same algorithm used in the string match Tcl command and is similar to the algorithm used by the C-shell for file name matching; see the Tcl manual entry for details. In Tcl_StringCaseMatch, the algorithm is the same, but you have the option to make the matching case-insensitive. If you choose this (by passing TCL_MATCH_NOCASE), then the string and pattern are essentially matched in the lower case. KEYWORDS
match, pattern, string Tcl 8.5 Tcl_StringMatch(3)