Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Asign to variable ksh some values of sql query Post 302954804 by mierdatuti on Friday 11th of September 2015 07:36:28 AM
Old 09-11-2015
Asign to variable ksh some values of sql query

Hi,
I'm trying to asign to ksh varible some values of a sql query. The output query would be:

xxxx 1
yyyy 2

I do:

Code:
 values=`$PATH_UTI/query_sh "                      
                       select think1||'------'||think2 from some_table
                        where think3 = '$1';
                         "`

But the result of the query it shows me in the same line:

echo $values

xxxx-----1 yyyy-----2

How could I do these to have two differents line

thanks and sorry for my English!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sql query variable not exactly unix

I know htis isnt exactly unix.... but hopefully someone can help me or direct me someplace to get help. I can run sql queries in scripts against my informix db using: dbaccess mydb myquery.sql >> sql.output I need to write my script to select based on todays date. Its very... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script variable within a sql query

I created a script to read a csv file with four columns. The script also saved values of each col in a arry. In the script, i connected to db try to run a query to pull out data baisc on the values from the csv file. select Num from tableName where Sec_Num in ('${isin}') /*isin is an arry... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sherry_Run
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store the sql query's output in a variable

Hi, My requirement is : We are calling an sql statement from a UNIX session, and fetching data into some variables from a table .. now we are unable to access these variables from outside the SQL part. Please let me know how can I achieve this. Can you please share a code snippet which... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesh_sasi
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while storing sql query value in a variable

Hi, When i execute the below statement , the value is not getting stored in the variable. AnneeExercice=`sqlplus $LOGSQL/$PASSWORDSQL << FIN >> $GEMOLOG/gemo_reprev_reel_data_ventil_$filiale.trc SELECT bi09exercice FROM bi09_scenario WHERE bi09idfiliale=UPPER('de') AND ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna_gnv
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing Hash variable in to sql query in perl

Hi Everyone, Can anyone help me how do i call hash variable in to sql query in perl. Please see the script below i have defined two Hash %lc and %tab as below $lc{'REFF'}='V_RES_CLASS'; $lc{'CALE'}='V_CAP_CLASS'; $lc{'XRPD'}='V_XFMR_CLASS'; $tab{'V_RES_CLASS'}='V_MFR_SERS';... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jam_prasanna
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting values of 2 columns from sql query in UNIX variables

Hi, I have connected to oracle database with sqlplus -s / <<EOF select ename, age from emp where empid=1234; EOF I want to save the values of ename and age in unix shell variables. Any pointers would be welcome.. Thanks in advance!!1 Cheers :):):):) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gonchusirsa
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading values from sql query

I have sql query in shell script. select distinct account_no from adj order by account_no; This query returns account number daily.Sometimes it may return 90 rows sometime it may return 1 row only and someday it may return 0 rows I am storing the output of this query in sql_output.txt. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
5 Replies

8. Programming

Query SQL get two values differents from the same columns

Hi, I have 2 different values in the same column and two different values in other column Query 1 ins name value 1 Test 12345 1 TestV1 12/10/2014 8 Test 85435 8 TestV1 11/11/2005 9 Test 42232 9 TestV1 19/10/2000 6 Test 54321... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: faka
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script (ksh) - SQLPlus query filter using a string variable

Using ksh, I am using SQLPlus to execute a query with a filter using a string variable. REPO_DB=DEV1 FOLDER_NM='U_nmalencia' FOLDER_CHECK=$(sqlplus -s /nolog <<EOF CONNECT user/pswd_select@${REPO_DB} set echo off heading off feedback off select subj_name from subject where... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkm0brm
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Assign the Output of an SQL Query to a Variable?

Hi iam new to shell scripting how to declare variables as redshift query and I have to compare two counts by using if condition . ex:count=select count(*) from prd; select count(*) from prd; select count(*) from tag; can any one help me . Please use CODE tags when displaying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam526
1 Replies
IDMAP_TDB2(8)						    System Administration tools 					     IDMAP_TDB2(8)

NAME
idmap_tdb2 - Samba's idmap_tdb2 Backend for Winbind DESCRIPTION
The idmap_tdb2 plugin is a substitute for the default idmap_tdb backend used by winbindd for storing SID/uid/gid mapping tables in clustered environments with Samba and CTDB. In contrast to read only backends like idmap_rid, it is an allocating backend: This means that it needs to allocate new user and group IDs in order to create new mappings. The allocator can be provided by the idmap_tdb2 backend itself or by any other allocating backend like idmap_tdb or idmap_ldap. This is configured with the parameter idmap alloc backend. Note that in order for this (or any other allocating) backend to function at all, the default backend needs to be writeable. The ranges used for uid and gid allocation are the default ranges configured by "idmap uid" and "idmap gid". Furthermore, since there is only one global allocating backend responsible for all domains using writeable idmap backends, any explicitly configured domain with idmap backend tdb2 should have the same range as the default range, since it needs to use the global uid / gid allocator. See the example below. IDMAP OPTIONS
range = low - high Defines the available matching uid and gid range for which the backend is authoritative. If the parameter is absent, Winbind fails over to use the "idmap uid" and "idmap gid" options from smb.conf. IDMAP SCRIPT
The tdb2 idmap backend supports a script for performing id mappings through the smb.conf option idmap : script. The script should accept the following command line options. SIDTOID S-1-xxxx IDTOSID UID xxxx IDTOSID GID xxxx And it should return one of the following responses as a single line of text. UID:yyyy GID:yyyy SID:yyyy ERR:yyyy Note that the script should cover the complete range of SIDs that can be passed in for SID to Unix ID mapping, since otherwise SIDs unmapped by the script might get mapped to IDs that had previously been mapped by the script. EXAMPLES
This example shows how tdb2 is used as a the default idmap backend. It configures the idmap range through the global options for all domains encountered. This same range is used for uid/gid allocation. [global] idmap backend = tdb2 idmap uid = 1000000-2000000 idmap gid = 1000000-2000000 AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. Samba 3.5 06/18/2010 IDMAP_TDB2(8)