Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting One directory, extracting only files to a new directoy Post 302954467 by 1in10 on Tuesday 8th of September 2015 08:25:23 AM
Old 09-08-2015
right, thanks for the hint. Solved

@Don Cragun: You are right, not only the typing error of " ; " but the length of the field for the checksum. Browsing the result there are no hidden files like
Code:
 ./mediaartlocal

, that tiny thumbnails, and probably some links. So thanks a lot to
@Aia and you,
even pushing me into the streamline editor. I will probe it some more times with diferent values. Really thanks a lot for your attention.

Last edited by 1in10; 09-08-2015 at 09:26 AM.. Reason: spelling and quoting

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching a directoy

Hi, How to search a directory and know it's path. Please Help. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gumsun
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting a field from directory path ??????

Hi I'll be getting a directory path as the input to the script. E.g. 1 abc/fsg/sdfhgsa/fasgfsd/adfghad/XXX/fhsad e.g. 2 sadfg/sadgjhgds/sd/dtuc/cghcx/dtyue/dfghsdd/XXX/qytq This input will be stored in a variable. My query is how to extract the field in a variable VAR which occurs... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
15 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Extracting the different files from directory & its sub directories

Hi Everyone, It would be helpful if someone helps me on this. Requirement: I have a directory which includes different types of files(for example *.java,*.class),but not restricted for only these types. I need to find the same types of file extensions from its directories and subdirectories... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcvasu
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting Directory From Path

Hi guys. I'm doing some bash scripting and have run into a snag. Say I have the path: /home/one/two/three/ All I need is the 'three' while making a filename. Is there an easy way to do this? I've tried using grep (because I'm that smart.) cut (as I'm unable to tell how many fields there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Drayol
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zipping a directory and extracting to another server.

Hello everyone, I am trying to make a script in KSH that will zip an entire directory but leave out one file in that directory. I then need to send that zipped directory to another UNIX box. I am new to UNIX and would appreciate a good template to study from. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrutalBryan
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting into a remote directory

I need to fit in a module in my Korn Shell script which would extract file_archive.tar.gz residing in the folder /apps/Test of my local machine into a folder /global/ in a remote machine server1. Please help me on this regard. Thanks Kumarjit. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarjt
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directoy Size - avoid cannot read directory

Hello, I need to write a script to check directory size on a linux server. I do not have access to some directories Inside the directory tree so I've got some warning in the output that say : du : cannot read directory .... Could you please help me. I did try Inside of my script to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can we automaitcally sync/copy files from one directoy to another ?

Hi, I would like to achieve below requirement, I have a directory "/mydir" and I want to automatically sync/copy all the content of /mydir directory to "/yourdir" directory all the time. meaning, if some application creates a file in /mydir, it supposed to be copied/available in "/yourdir"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaron8667
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extracting to another directory using cygwin

I have a file, in Windows, called php_0.27.tar.gz and want to extract it to C:\Program Files\PHP\script through Cygwin using this command: tar -xf php_0.27.tar.gz -C /Program Files/PHP/script But I got an error saying: tar: Files: Not found in archive I tried this command too: ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve120
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extracting directory portion.

Dear Experts, I have some directory structure something like follows. I would like to cut portion of it. Would you please help me? I have to run this on several sql's. The directory path is dynamic. I have cut what comes after first "sql" string. Input:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth38
3 Replies
ORANGE(1)							   User Commands							 ORANGE(1)

NAME
orange - extract CAB files from self-extracting installers DESCRIPTION
orange [-d DIRECTORY] [-D LEVEL] [-h] FILENAME -d DIRECTORY Extract files to DIRECTORY -D LEVEL Set debug log level 0 - No logging (default) 1 - Errors only 2 - Errors and warnings 3 - Everything -h Show this help message FILENAME The file to list or extract contents of Orange is a tool and library for squeezing out juicy installable Microsoft Cabinet Files from self-extracting installers for Microsoft Win- dows. It currently supports the following kinds of installers: * Early support for installers created by Installer VISE. (Orange 0.3 or later) * Support for some installers created by Inno Setup. (Orange 0.2 or later) * Early support for the installer used by TomTom prod- ucts. (Orange 0.2 or later) * InstallShield versions 5 and 6, using Unshield for extracting InstallShield Cabinet files. * Setup Factory versions 5 and 6 using Dynamite for data decompression. * Some other installer (using a DLL called inflate.dll). This is used by for example Macromedia Flash Player 6 for Pocket PC 2002. * Microsoft Cabinets (also self-extracting) when you have Cabextract installed. * Zip archives (also self-extracting) when you have UnZip installed. orange 0.3.1 July 2004 ORANGE(1)