Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Email issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Email issue Post 302954431 by arun888 on Tuesday 8th of September 2015 01:43:59 AM
Old 09-08-2015
hi cero,

Your syntax worked as i expected.

Currently one problem i am facing is. the format looks different in unix end and format looks in different in notepad as well.currently the file is appending in the same line. could you please let me know if it is need to be appended in the next line what needs to be done.

current syntaxt:

Code:
echo "$i" >>available.txt
else
echo "$i" >>notavailable.txt
fi

Please let me know how to change the syntax to be appended in the new line.

---------- Post updated at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:29 AM ----------

in the unix side the format is like the lines are printing in the second line.
whereas in the attachment. it looks like all the lines are printed in the same line.
Expected output is in notepad it should like the lines are printed in the next line.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Crontab email issue

Hi, I have a script that sends a db extract file as an email attachment. I have a crontab created to run it everyday at 8 am.. 00 08 * * * ksh /home/rtaaa/tbasd/report.sh > /home/rtaaa/tbasd/logs/report.log When i just run the "ksh /home/rtaaa/tbasd/report.sh >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryannam
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab issue: getting email but with out body

I have a oracle sh script test.sh #!/bin/bash R=`sqlplus -S *****/*********@dfsdf <<ENDOFSQL set serveroutput on size unlimited; execute DBMS_SNAPSHOT.REFRESH( '"MIS_ADMIN"."MV_SURVEY_UNITS_CENSUS"','F'); execute DBMS_SNAPSHOT.REFRESH( '"MIS_ADMIN"."MV_SURVEY_UNITS_CENSUS_PART"','F');... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramkia6
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

send email issue in unix

Hi, I am trying to send the contents of a file as email in unix.I am using the below code to do this.But when i get the email i see that SUBJECT and TO is blank. Can you please let me know why it is blank? Also the FROM address comes as admin@myhost. Is there any way i can set FROM to user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vignesh53
5 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

AIX: Production email issue

Hello, system generated emails sent to users from production scripts within Aix arent going out. In the errpt -a output I see: _______________________________________________________ LABEL: SRC_SVKO IDENTIFIER: BC3BE5A3 Date/Time: Tue Mar 13 16:28:07 EDT 2012 Sequence... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue with Email Body

Hi, I have written shell program to send email as below - #!/bin/ksh filename=`ls -ltrh *.Z` echo $filename |mailx -s "FOR TESTING" rahul.b@infotech.net I am getting the email but email body is - -rw-rw-r-- 1 bahulra dba 173M Mar 22 04:37 corphist.txt.Z -rw-rw-r-- 1 bahulra dba 107M... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulbahulekar
3 Replies

6. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Email address change issue

Hi Neo/Scott, I decided to change my email address in my details from my earlier one to the one I got with my VIP membership. After the change, I got a message that I'll receive an activation link at the new address to re-activate my account. I haven't got that link till now. Also, all my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: elixir_sinari
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX email issue

Hi all, I have tried to send an email with the below script. but i am not getting the subject of the email where it is present in the simply.txt. I am using HP UNIX server. I am not sure what mistake i made in the below unix command. any help would be appreciated. cat simply.txt ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun888
2 Replies

8. Programming

Perl - EMail issue - NEED Help

I have a perl that is sending emails in a bad format: "begin 644 Included.doc M*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ M*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BH*4U5#0T534T953"!-1$XG<R!F;W(@07)C:&EV92!022`M M($-A;F-E;`HJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with email sent from Linux server

I have written a shell script to send email to users with message body and attachment. Message body has registered symbol. But when I receive the email, registered trademark symbol has a special character prefixed and appears carlington work® whereas I am expecting to see only carlington work® .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leo87
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx Email Issue

Hello, I am facing an issue with email in Linux. I am using mailx command to send email. When I give invalid domain address then it is taking both sender and recipient as sender email and trying to send email. Below is my command echo -e "${EMAIL_TEXT}" | mailx -v -s "${SUBJECT}" -r... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuvi
5 Replies
g3cat(1)						       mgetty+sendfax manual							  g3cat(1)

NAME
g3cat - concatenate multiple g3 documents SYNOPSIS
g3cat [-l] [-a] g3-file1 ... DESCRIPTION
g3cat concatenates g3 files. These can either be 'raw', that is, bitmaps packed according to the CCITT T.4 standard for one-dimensional bitmap encoding, or 'digifax' files, created by GNU's GhostScript package with the digifax drivers. Its output is a concatenation of all the input files, in raw G3 format, with two white lines in between. If a - is given as input file, stdin is used. If the input data is malformed, a warning is printed to stderr, and the output file will have a blank line at this place. OPTIONS
-l separate files with a one-pixel wide black line. -h <blank lines> specifies the number of blank lines g3cat should prepend to each page. Default is 0. -L <lines> limit lenght of output page to maximum <lines> lines. SPECIAL-CASE OPTIONS -w <width> specifies the desired page width in pixels per line. Default is 1728 PELs, and this is mandatory if you want to send the fax to a standard fax machine. If one of the input files doesn't match this line width (for example because it was created by a broken G3 creator), a warning is printed, and the line width is transparently fixed. -a byte-align the end-of-line codes (EOL) in the file. Every EOL will end at a byte boundary, that is, with a 01 byte. -p <pad> specifies a minimum number of bytes that each output line must be padded to. Padding is done with 0-bits before the EOL code. -R suppress output of end-of-page code (RTC). Example The following example will put a header line on a given g3 page, 'page1' and put the result into 'page2': echo '$header' | pbmtext | pbm2g3 | g3cat - page1 >page2 FILES
-- BUGS
Hopefully none :-). SEE ALSO
g32pbm(1), sendfax(8), faxspool(1) AUTHORS
g3cat is Copyright (C) 1993 by Gert Doering, <gert@greenie.muc.de> greenie 27 Oct 93 g3cat(1)