Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read input file and used it to SQL query Post 302954384 by RavinderSingh13 on Monday 7th of September 2015 10:06:10 AM
Old 09-07-2015
Hello znesotomayor,

Could you please enclose output file with "sql_input_file.sql". It should work then. You can hit thank you button present at left corner if you want to thank anyone here.
Code:
awk 'BEGIN{print "set pagesize 50000;" ORS "set feedback off;" ORS "set linesize 1000;" ORS "set numformat 99999999999999999999;" ORS "set pages 0" ORS "set lines 1000" ORS "set echo off" ORS "set trim on" > "sql_input_file.sql"}{print "select distinct a_no from ranges_log where a_no between " $1 " and " $2 ";" >> "sql_input_file.sql"}' Input_file

Thanks,
R. Singh
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

unloading sql query to file

In unload to "/usr/home/data.012202" I wish to use a date variable as in unload to "/usr/home/data.`date`" for the file is that possible in a query to do, or will i need to add a mv command after the query to do it. I tried backquotes, , and () on `date` but didn't seem to work Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Link_02
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I use SQL to query based off file data?

This is basically what I want to do: I have a file that contains single lines of IDs. I want to query the oracle database using these IDs to get a count of which ones match a certain condition. the basic idea is: cat myfile | while read id do $id in select count(PC.ptcpnt_id) from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: whoknows
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use data in unix text file as input to an sql query from shell

Hi, I have data in my text file something like this. adams robert ahmed gibbs I want to use this data line by line as input to an sql query which i run by connecting to an oracle database from shell. If you have code for similar scenario , please ehlp. I want the output of the sql query... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sql data file in unix csv file as input to an sql query from shell

Hi , I used the below script to get the sql data into csv file using unix scripting. I m getting the output into an output file but the output file is not displayed in a separe columns . #!/bin/ksh export FILE_PATH=/maav/home/xyz/abc/ rm $FILE_PATH/sample.csv sqlplus -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nareshp
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Output the SQL Query result to a File

Hello Guys, This message is somewhat relates with last thread. But I need to re-write thing. I start over a little. I am stuck now and need your help. Here is my script- #! /bin/ksh export ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/app/oracle/product/9.2 /opt/oracle/app/oracle/product/9.2/bin/sqlplus -s... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read value from user and use it in Oracle SQL query

Guys can anyone just tell me whether i can pass a value(from UNIX SCRIPT) as an ARGUMENT in Oracle Query? e.g. echo "enter value" read value insert into tablename where col=$value /*something like this*/ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subodh.thakar
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to run sql query from a script..which takes input from a file

I need to run sql script from shell script which takes the input from a file and contents of file will be like : 12345 34567 78657 and query will be like : select seq_nbr from bus_event where event_nbr='12345'; select seq_nbr from bus_event where event_nbr='34567'; select seq_nbr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read input files and merge them in given order and write them to input one param or one file

Dear Friends, I am looking for a shell script to merge input files into one file .. here is my idea: 1st paramter would be outfile file (all input files content) read all input files and merge them to input param 1 ex: if I pass 6 file names to the script then 1st file name as output file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hyd1234
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I read sql query into shell script?

Hello All, I'm trying to put together a shell script that will: 1. connect to an oracle database 2. execute a query 3. save the output to a csv file I know that I can execute the sqlplus -s user/pass @dbsid and get logged in. What I would like to do is have my query in a separate text... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
9 Replies
oarresume(1)							   OAR commands 						      oarresume(1)

NAME
oarresume - resume a job in OAR batch scheduler. SYNOPSIS
oarresume [--array][job_ids][--sql "sql syntax"][-V][-h] DESCRIPTION
Ask OAR to change job_ids states into Waiting when it is Hold or in Running if it is Suspended. OPTIONS
--array Resume array job(s) passed as parameter (all the sub-jobs of the given array job(s)) --sql Resume jobs which repond to the SQL where clause on the table jobs (ex: "project = 'p1'") -V, --version Print OAR version number. -h, --help Print help command message. oarsub(1), oardel(1) oarstat(1), oarnodes(1), oarhold(1) COPYRIGHTS
Copyright 2008 Laboratoire d'Informatique de Grenoble (http://www.liglab.fr). This software is licensed under the GNU Library General Public License. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. oarresume 2012-05-23 oarresume(1)