Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Software License Expire in 30 days Post 302954333 by RudiC on Monday 7th of September 2015 05:22:37 AM
Old 09-07-2015
Wildly guessing and assuming a) your file is <TAB> delimited, b) your date version accepts the -d opton, c) you're using a decently recent shell, I imagine this could be of some help
Code:
TODAY=$(( $(date +"%s / 86400") ))
while IFS=$'\t' read SW EXP REST
  do DIFF=$(( $(date -d"$EXP" +"%s / 86400") - $TODAY ))
     [ $DIFF -gt 0 ] \  
         && printf "%s\n" "$DIFF days left for $SW etc."\
         || printf "%s\n" "$SW expired; grace period etc."
  done < foo5.txt

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

password will expire

login: TEST7 TEST7's Password: Your password will expire: Wed Feb 19 14:28:08 2003 How can I the same information become in a script (as example in the .profile)????????? My login starts with .profile. These File is a menue with 24 lines and the message " Your password ....." disappear to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Erwin Stocker
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password expire

Hi, Is there any way to find out the UNIX user's password expire date?. It'll we helpful to inform the users to change the password before it get expires.(FYI - I am not having only admin previlege.) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharif
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Set Password Never Expire

Hello I want to set the password for user never expire through the command line. For your information the box is running under Solaris 8 platform. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamsul
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

license of software package

Hi when i do a swlist on my HP-UX machine it displays the software packages ..How do i know whether those packages are licensed or freeware can any 1 help me best Regards vasanth (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expire Command | Need Help

Hi , I am trying to execute the ipl file as below : my $user="iwadmin"; chomp $user; system("passwd -x 29 $user"); The ipl file executes with out any issues when i have logged in as root in solaris .but when when i try to execute the same file with other user id ie iwadmin ,it says... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhishek1979
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Change hostid for software install - license issue

Hi all. Solaris 9. After I change the hostid, how can I change it back without rebooting the machine? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
2 Replies

7. Solaris

user to be never expire ..

Hi All, I have Solaris 9 and there is user created in that server called appuser That user should to be never expire.. can anyone advice me how can I modify that user to be never expire thru the command line without using GUI tool. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Updating the license tag in XML file with new license

Hi All, I have a XML file : System.xml in which I want to update the license tag with the new data from file licence.xml. The content of files is in following format: System.xml: <?xml version="1.0"?> <!DOCTYPE Configuration SYSTEM "SystemVariables.dtd"> <usageConfiguration... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pramod_T
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expire license

I have a program that outputs a file on the number days left before software license expired. It reads in a text file name expiredt.txt. expiredt.txt contents are as follows: EM software 30NOV2015 11/30/2015 ABM software 30NOV2015 11/30/2015 ABM software ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
2 Replies
TIMETRANS(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     TIMETRANS(1p)

NAME
timetrans - Converts time into time SYNOPSIS
timetrans [units-options] [-count] DESCRIPTION
timetrans converts time from one type of unit to another. If any of the units options are specified, then timetrans will convert those time units into the number of seconds to which they add up. If given the count option, timetrans will convert that number of seconds into the appropriate number of weeks, days, hours, minutes, and seconds. The converted result is printed out. Units options cannot be specified in the same execution as the count option, and vice versa. timetrans is intended for use with DNSSEC-Tools, for calculating a zone's expiration time. OPTIONS
Units Options The converted value of each unit is totaled and a single result printed. -seconds seconds Count of seconds to convert to seconds. -minutes minutes Count of minutes to convert to seconds. -hours hours Count of hours to convert to seconds. -days days Count of days to convert to seconds. -weeks weeks Count of weeks to convert to seconds. Count Option The specified seconds count is converted to the appropriate number of weeks, days, hours, minutes, and seconds. -count seconds Count of seconds to convert to the appropriate set of units. Other Options timetrans has the following miscellaneous options. -Version Displays the version information for timetrans and the DNSSEC-Tools package. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Converting 5 days into seconds $(42)> timetrans -days 5 432000 Example 2: Converting 2 weeks into seconds $(43)> timetrans -w 2 1209600 Example 3: Converting 8 days and 8 hours into seconds $(44)> timetrans -d 8 -hours 8 720000 Example 4: Converting 1 week, 1 day, and 8 hours into seconds $(46)> timetrans -w 1 -days 1 -h 8 720000 Example 5: Converting 14 weeks, 4 days, 21 hours, 8 minutes, and 8 seconds into seconds $(47)> timetrans -w 14 -d 4 -h 21 -m 8 -s 8 8888888 Example 6: Converting 720000 seconds into time units $(48)> timetrans -c 720000 1 week, 1 day, 8 hours Example 7: Converting 1814421 seconds into time units $(49)> timetrans -c 1814421 3 weeks, 21 seconds Example 8: Converting 8888888 seconds into time units $(50)> timetrans -c 8888888 14 weeks, 4 days, 21 hours, 8 minutes, 8 seconds COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2004-2012 SPARTA, Inc. All rights reserved. See the COPYING file included with the DNSSEC-Tools package for details. AUTHOR
Wayne Morrison, tewok@tislabs.com SEE ALSO
zonesigner(8) Net::DNS::SEC::Tools::timetrans.pm(3) perl v5.14.2 2012-06-21 TIMETRANS(1p)