Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Copy all files together
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copy all files together Post 302954278 by Board27 on Sunday 6th of September 2015 03:47:48 PM
Old 09-06-2015
Copy all files together

Hi

imagine that i have some data files like:

Code:
test.20150902
test.20150903
test.20150904

i would like to create one single file automatically (like
Code:
cat test.20150902 test20150903 > output

) in order to copy all files togheter with a time order.

Thanks!

Regards
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags for sample input, sample output, and sample code.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 09-06-2015 at 04:55 PM.. Reason: Add CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

copy files

Hi, Under the home directory, I want to search for all the *.xml files and move them all into another folder under home. Is it possbile using a single find command . Regards, Chirayu Sutaria (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chirayus
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

copy of files

hi all i have a script,which when executed must copy 3 files from a directory on boxA to the same directory on boxB.I'm using scp to copy these files,the problem is out ofthe 3 files only1 is been copied and not the other 2, i have permissons for the files,any ideas are appreciated thnks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkan77
2 Replies

3. SCO

How do you copy files from CD

How do you copy files fra a cd-rom to a directory on the computer? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Schnell
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy only new files or files of a different size

hello i would like to copy files from 1 location to a nother, but it has only to copy files which are newer or have a different filesize. all has to be logged to a copy.log file (als skipped files should be in the log) is this possible with the cp command (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arnoldg
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Copy all files

how i can copy all files " select all " in one step t try command cp -t (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: walidfinder
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy files

Hi Team, I am unable to copy the files, when i run the below script, i am getting error as file not present, not sure what i am missing. # File to be looked upon File_Pattern='*.zip' TMP_FILE=flagfile Check=`find $Directorypath -name $File_Pattern -type f -newer $TMP_FILE -print |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naveen_5960
6 Replies

7. Solaris

How to safely copy full filesystems with large files (10Gb files)

Hello everyone. Need some help copying a filesystem. The situation is this: I have an oracle DB mounted on /u01 and need to copy it to /u02. /u01 is 500 Gb and /u02 is 300 Gb. The size used on /u01 is 187 Gb. This is running on solaris 9 and both filesystems are UFS. I have tried to do it using:... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonov7
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to copy files followed by list of names of all the files in /etc?

....... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcbuilder
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Unable to copy files due to many files in directory

I have directory that has some billion file inside , i tried copy some files for specific date but it's always did not respond for long time and did not give any result.. i tried everything with find command and also with xargs.. even this command find . -mtime -2 -print | xargs ls -d did not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: before4
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from one drive to another, keeping most recently modified files

Hi all, I am a bit of a beginner with shell scripting.. What I want to do is merge two drives, for example moving all data from X to Y. If a file in X doesn't exist in Y, it will be moved there. If a file in X also exists in Y, the most recently modified file will be moved to (or kept) in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apocolapse
5 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)