Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Introduction
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Introduction Post 302954206 by neil.corrigan12 on Saturday 5th of September 2015 01:17:41 PM
Old 09-05-2015
Me too! I was so confused where to post it! Thanks admin for modifying the description of this forum. It will definitely help other newbies as well!

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

introduction forum

sorry, I feel like such a dummy, but upon logging in you ask me to do a post introducing myself. I cannot find an "introduction forum" :o (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shed
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Introduction

Hi, I am new here. Recently I have started working on Unix Shell Scripting. So may I know from where to start... Regards, Darshak Raut (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
3 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Introduction

Hi everyone. I am not really a new member i was once a member using the handle despiragado. I now wish to be identified with my new handle. It's been a while i have last visited the forum to see whats happening. I guess a lot has happened. I will try to read up and keep up to date. I am a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: split_func0
3 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

An Introduction to new Member

Hi guys, I am glad to be the part of this community. Hope my presence will be of great use for the people in this community. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subsystems
2 Replies
THREAD-KEYRING(7)					     Linux Programmer's Manual						 THREAD-KEYRING(7)

NAME
thread-keyring - per-thread keyring DESCRIPTION
The thread keyring is a keyring used to anchor keys on behalf of a process. It is created only when a thread requests it. The thread keyring has the name (description) _tid. A special serial number value, KEY_SPEC_THREAD_KEYRING, is defined that can be used in lieu of the actual serial number of the calling thread's thread keyring. From the keyctl(1) utility, '@t' can be used instead of a numeric key ID in much the same way, but as keyctl(1) is a program run after forking, this is of no utility. Thread keyrings are not inherited across clone(2) and fork(2) and are cleared by execve(2). A thread keyring is destroyed when the thread that refers to it terminates. Initially, a thread does not have a thread keyring. If a thread doesn't have a thread keyring when it is accessed, then it will be created if it is to be modified; otherwise the operation fails with the error ENOKEY. SEE ALSO
keyctl(1), keyctl(3), keyrings(7), persistent-keyring(7), process-keyring(7), session-keyring(7), user-keyring(7), user-session-keyring(7) Linux 2017-03-13 THREAD-KEYRING(7)