Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to script / command this in UNIX? Post 302953944 by Don Cragun on Wednesday 2nd of September 2015 11:12:35 PM
Old 09-03-2015
What have you tried to solve this problem on your own?

Are we to assume by your login name that you are using an AIX system?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix chroot + script command

Hi all, I have problems using the script command in a chroot enviroment. I have copied all the neccesary libraries into the jail and I have also created the ptys devices. When I tried to execute de command I get openpty failed Terminated Any suggestions? Thanks in Advance Ana (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jannita
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help required in unix command/script

Hi All, Please help me in writting the script File contains: ========= 11424444, <basicpage> jfalfksf <dateofbirth>10/02/2005</dateofbrith> jkaklgja lg'd .... 11423224444, <basicpage> jfalfksf <dateofbirth>11/02/2005</dateofbrith> jkaklgja lg'd 11433523224444, <basicpage>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thaduka
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix script for repeating a command with a variable

Hi need urgent help , for creating unix script . To collect system name,This is command i want to execute n (integer) no. of times for for a differnt IP addresses .IP is variable in every execution. Other string & collecter name is constant . snmpGet %IP% sysName.0 -c <string> -S <datacollecter... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: langdatyagi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How To Run Mml Command From Unix Script

Dear All I want to run some MML command on my node from my unix server. I am able to get mml prompt but after that my script is stop at mml prompt. No commnad is executed on mml prompt. Kindly help me out. Regards Jaydeep (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Succesfully completion of a command in unix script

Hi, I want to wrote a script. say it has 4 command(e.g. a,b,c,d). I want my script to progress b if a completes succesfully. So can you please let me know what command/parameter i need to set. Thanks, Malay (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaya_17
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cp command not working in script for non unix file

Piece of code in sh file ------------------------ echo "lalit test bef" which cp cp $l_options $srcdirfile $destdirfile echo "lalit test after" echo "**************************options below" echo "loption $l_options" echo "src $srcdirfile" echo "destinat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitpct
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script / Command >>> in one line

Hi Experts, Basically I am a SAP programmer. I don't know much about UNIX. But I got a situation, need to use UNIX script /command in my programming. I searched the forum and found the below code. I would like to pass the below UNIX script in my programming code. But my programming will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rbadveli
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Script or command Needed

Hi, I am new to Shell Scripting. I need to pick the files from one directory and place them in another directory based on time stamp.It should pick the files if the files is not accessed for 1 hour. Can any one please help me how to work on this. Thanks in Advance. Regards, Prakash (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kvrprakash
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute a command in different directory through Unix Script

Hi Gurus, I have the below requirement, Execute an unix script which will pick the latest file from the archive directory and do a grep (on multiple patterns) on that file. processingDir="/usr/apps/irdc/informatica/spsf_sales/TgtFiles/ARCHIVE" filename = 'ls Check* | sort -n -k 2 |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: diva_thilak
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using UNIX command in perl script.

I wish to know if there is any limitation in using unix commands in perl script or it is just we should avoid using them in our perl script. For e.g Below is the command to get the recent file in a dir.: $lcsvFile = `cd "$l_inputfilepath";ls -1t *.CSV|tail -1` Is there any harm in coding... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Devesh5683
1 Replies
ppmquantall(1)						      General Commands Manual						    ppmquantall(1)

NAME
ppmquantall - run ppmquant on a bunch of files all at once, so they share a common colormap SYNOPSIS
ppmquantall [-ext extension] ncolors ppmfile ... DESCRIPTION
Takes a bunch of portable pixmap as input. Chooses ncolors colors to best represent all of the images, maps the existing colors to the new ones, and overwrites the input files with the new quantized versions. If you don't want to overwrite your input files, use the -ext option. The output files are then named the same as the input files, plus a period and the extension text you specify. Verbose explanation: Let's say you've got a dozen pixmaps that you want to display on the screen all at the same time. Your screen can only display 256 different colors, but the pixmaps have a total of a thousand or so different colors. For a single pixmap you solve this problem with ppmquant; this script solves it for multiple pixmaps. All it does is concatenate them together into one big pixmap, run ppmquant on that, and then split it up into little pixmaps again. (Note that another way to solve this problem is to pre-select a set of colors and then use ppmquant's -map option to separately quantize each pixmap to that set.) SEE ALSO
ppmquant(1), ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Jef Poskanzer. 27 July 1990 ppmquantall(1)