Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Data Encryption
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Data Encryption Post 302953899 by katakamvivek on Wednesday 2nd of September 2015 01:15:16 PM
Old 09-02-2015
Data Encryption

Using awk or sed command how can i encrypt the characters for a particular column.For every character it should replace the third charter of alphabets.Example replace "A" with "C" and "B" with "D"..like this it should replace for all characters in particular column.

Using below command i am able to replace the values in particular column.but not sure to replace like explain above.

Code:
awk -F, -v OFS=','  '$3="xxxxx" substr($3,6)' file

Last edited by Corona688; 09-02-2015 at 02:55 PM.. Reason: removed unnecessary quote

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

which encryption method?

hello ppl, i've been coding a perl script for xchat and i need to store the nick's passwords. i was wondering which encryption to use. picture this situation: i've got a system flaw and some guy hacks the machine and gets his hands on the passwd file; he has access to the script. what encryption... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crashnburn
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

encryption is possible??

NEED expertise help for this topic!!! Question 1: Is encryption possible for the shell scriping programing? shadow the scriping file, do think is impossible... Question2: built a simple program with the simplicity function that allow user change settings by enter corret name and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trynew
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File encryption/Key encryption ????

My dilemma, I need to send, deemed confidential, information via e-mail (SMTP). This information is sitting as a file on AIX. Typically I can send this data as a e-mail attachment via what we term a "mail filter" using telnet. I now would like to somehow encrypt the data and send it to a e-mail... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hugow
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

no encryption type specified

Hi I have created a user in snmpv3 as myuser n gave a password. Its also feching data by snmpget. Then I created another user as arika and the password is same as myuser.. Now I am trying to change the password by the command : snmpusm -v 3 -u arika -l authNoPriv -a MD5 -A my_password... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swapna_me
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Password encryption

In unix, i know the password encrypt by using salt But how does it work? And how windows protect its password? Thank you for helping in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cryogen
5 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

File encryption tools with MAC address as an encryption key

Hi all, I'm looking for secure file encryption tools that use MAC address as encryption key. FYI, I'm using Red Hat Enterprise Linux OS. For example: when A wants to send file to B A will encrypt the file with B's computer MAC/IP address as an encryption key This file can only be decrypted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sergionicosta
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Vormetric Data Encryption on Solaris Redhat

Does anyone have experience running the Vormetric Data Encryption on Oracle Solaris platform? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwevans
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Zfs send & receive with encryption - how to retrieve data?

Good morning everyone, I'm looking for some help to retrieve data in a scenario where I might have made a big mistake. I'm hoping to understand what I did wrong. My system is made of two Solaris 11 Express servers (old free version for evaluation). The first if for data and the second is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rnd
7 Replies
COLRM(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  COLRM(1)

NAME
colrm -- remove columns from a file SYNOPSIS
colrm [start [stop]] DESCRIPTION
The colrm utility removes selected columns from the lines of a file. A column is defined as a single character in a line. Input is read from the standard input. Output is written to the standard output. If only the start column is specified, columns numbered less than the start column will be written. If both start and stop columns are spec- ified, columns numbered less than the start column or greater than the stop column will be written. Column numbering starts with one, not zero. Tab characters increment the column count to the next multiple of eight. Backspace characters decrement the column count by one. ENVIRONMENT
The LANG, LC_ALL and LC_CTYPE environment variables affect the execution of colrm as described in environ(7). EXIT STATUS
The colrm utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
awk(1), column(1), cut(1), paste(1) HISTORY
The colrm command appeared in 3.0BSD. BSD
August 4, 2004 BSD