Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help in getting the Last 30 minutes logs from the Log File Post 302953845 by gwillie on Wednesday 2nd of September 2015 03:59:18 AM
Old 09-02-2015
you have single quotes inside a single quoted string, you need to escape those single quotes.

the date command will not run inside quotes, read Wooledge's article on quotes

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

get last 5 minutes' log from log file?

Hi all, I have tried to figure out a way to automatically get the last 5 minutes' log content from log file, at first, my thoughts like this, sed -n "/ $(date +\%R -d "-5 min")/,$"p syslog > newfile, but quickly I found it did not work, say I have a syslog file as following, Jul 19... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping the last 30 minutes of a log file...

I need to know if anyone can assist me on how to grab the last (we'll just say "x" minutes) of a log file. How do you tell the grep command without specifying an exact window of time? (So relative instead of absolute.) Thanks, Jon (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jtelep
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding errors in log file only in last 10 minutes

Hi there, I have a log file that I need to check every 10 minutes to find if a specific error exists but only in that 10 minute period. The reason is that the log is quite large, and will frequently contain these errors, so I only want alerting if it in the last 10 minutes - I don't want... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: paul_vf
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log File Creations for every 60 minutes

Hi All, Below script will make a copy of the existing log file with the then timestamp details. I am looking to create a copy of the existing log file for every 60 minutes and when the file limit reaches to 5, the 6th copy should overwrite the first backedup file which means all the time it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Upendra Bestha
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to search for a pattern in 30 minutes from a log file

Hello All, I have to write a script which will search for diffrent patterns like "Struck" "Out of Memory" , etc from a log file in Linux box's. Now I will be executing a cron job to find out the results by executing the script once in every 30 minutes. suppose time is 14-04-29:05:31:09 So I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shubhasis Mathr
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract logs between the current time and the last 15 minutes ?

I want to extract the logs between the current time stamp and 15 minutes before and sent an email to the people configured. I developed the below script but it's not working properly; can someone help me?? I have a log file containing this pattern: Constructor QuartzJob ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: puneetkhullar
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Searching exception keyword in all logs in last 5 minutes

Hello Folks , I am a new bie to the world of unix , what i am planning to do is the I have the location in server to which i am access through the putty and the location is /mt/ttlog/avccomn/logs/201901/19 and at this location the files are listed as show startjmsnode1.sh_03.out... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun26262626
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a log file for the last 5 minutes of contents every 5 minutes

Hi all, System Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS i have the following log INFO 2019-02-07 15:13:31,099 module.py:700] default: "POST /join/8550614e-3e94-4fa5-9ab2-135eefa69c1b HTTP/1.0" 500 2042 INFO 2019-02-07 15:13:31,569 module.py:700] default: "POST /join/6cb9c452-dcb1-45f3-bcca-e33f5d450105... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file creation Time minutes and if file older then 5 minutes execute some stuff

Hello all, Info: System RedHat 7.5 I need to create a script that based on the creation time, if the file is older then 5 minutes then execute some stuff, if not exit. I thought to get the creation time and minutes like this. CreationTime=$(stat -c %y /tmp/test.log | awk -F" " '{ print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Copy last 30 minutes' contents from a log file

Hi Guys, I am writing a bash script to capture the last 30 minutes's contents from log file to a new file. This job is a scheduled job and will run every 30 minutes. The log file is db2diag.log in DB2. I am having difficulties copying the last 30 minutes's contents. Can someone please help me.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveed
4 Replies
Test::Log::Dispatch(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Test::Log::Dispatch(3pm)

NAME
Test::Log::Dispatch -- Test what you are logging SYNOPSIS
use Test::More; use Test::Log::Dispatch; my $log = Test::Log::Dispatch->new(); # ... # call something that logs to $log # ... # now test to make sure you logged the right things $log->contains_ok(qr/good log message/, "good message was logged"); $log->does_not_contain_ok(qr/unexpected log message/, "unexpected message was not logged"); $log->empty_ok("no more logs"); # or my $msgs = $log->msgs; cmp_deeply($msgs, ['msg1', 'msg2', 'msg3']); DESCRIPTION
"Test::Log::Dispatch" is a "Log::Dispatch" object that keeps track of everything logged to it in memory, and provides convenient tests against what has been logged. CONSTRUCTOR
The constructor returns a "Test::Log::Dispatch" object, which inherits from "Log::Dispatch" and contains a single "Log::Dispatch::Array" output at 'debug' level. The constructor requires no parameters. Any parameters will be forwarded to the "Log::Dispatch::Array" constructor. For example, you can pass a min_level to override the default 'debug'. METHODS
The test_name is optional in the *_ok methods; a reasonable default will be provided. contains_ok ($regex[, $test_name]) Tests that a message in the log buffer matches $regex. On success, the message is removed from the log buffer (but any other matches are left untouched). does_not_contain_ok ($regex[, $test_name]) Tests that no message in the log buffer matches $regex. empty_ok ([$test_name]) Tests that there is no log buffer left. On failure, the log buffer is cleared to limit further cascading failures. contains_only_ok ($regex[, $test_name]) Tests that there is a single message in the log buffer and it matches $regex. On success, the message is removed. clear () Clears the log buffer. msgs () Returns the current contents of the log buffer as an array reference, where each element is a hash containing a message and level key. TO DO
o Allow testing of log levels. SEE ALSO
Log::Dispatch, Test::Log4perl AUTHOR
Jonathan Swartz COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright (C) 2009 Jonathan Swartz, all rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2009-11-04 Test::Log::Dispatch(3pm)