Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sed: how to use file contents in replacement string Post 302953803 by RudiC on Tuesday 1st of September 2015 03:09:25 PM
Old 09-01-2015
Actually, when I use the sed given in post#1, it works perfectly for me as is. What exactly goes wrong? Please post sample and details files!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed problem - replacement string should be same length as matching string.

Hi guys, I hope you can help me with my problem. I have a text file that contains lines like this: 78 ANGELO -809.05 79 ANGELO2 -5,000.06 I need to find all occurences of amounts that are negative and replace them with x's 78 ANGELO xxxxxxx 79... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amangeles
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

String replacement using sed

I need to search and replace a particular string in a file. Only the exact match of the string should be replaced. eg: File contents : abc abcd abcdef --> Replace only 'abc' with 'xyz', but it should not replace abcd with xyzd. So the o/p should be: xyz abcd abcdef. How can this be done? I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sngk
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED complex string replacement

sed -i 's:"ps -ef | grep $(cat $PID_FILE) | grep -v grep":"ps -C java -o pid,cmd | grep ${SERVER_NAME} | cut -d' ' -f1 | grep -v grep":g' scriptName That's what I'm attempting to do. I'm attempting to replace this: ps -ef | grep $(cat $PID_FILE) | grep -v grep with this: ps -C java -o... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exact String replacement with sed

Hi, What should be the syntax to match and replace an exact string using sed? And not replacing any string that contain the value? Eg. testtest etstetst testetst testtttt etsttest testtesttest testtest I only want to replace the line with exact string "testtest" with "123456" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srage
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed string replacement question

Hey everybody. I've got a simple problem but am unsure how to resolve it. I am using a script to edit multiple files at once. Inside the script I am using an sed command to make the changes. My problem is that I can only get it to work for stings that contain a word or words. How can I modify it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iwatk003
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use regex in replacement string in SED

Hi, I need to use the regex in the replacement string in SED command. something like sed -e ' s/\(^\{5\}\).\{150\}\(.*\)$/\10\{30\}1\{30\}A\{60\}B\{30\}\2/' abc which means for all the lines in file abc that starts with 5 characters, I need to replace character 6-151... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: snowline84
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - Replace string with file contents

Hello, I have two files: file1 and file2 file1 has the following info: --- host: "localhost" port: 3000 reporter_type: "zookeeper" zk_hosts: - "localhost:2181" file2 contains an IP address (1.1.1.1) What I want to do is replace localhost with 1.1.1.1, so that the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jay Kah
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert file contents after nth occurrence of a string using sed?

Hi, I would like to know how, using sed, be able to insert contents of file2 in file1 after say the second occurrence of a given string? e.g. > cat file1 banana apple orange apple banana pear tangerine apple > cat file2 I don't like apples What would be the sed command to insert... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dimocn
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive replacement of search string using sed

Dear Unix Forum Group Members, Please do let me know how I can replace the double pipe with single pipe recursively on single record. Sample Input Data: DN set|Call prefix||| Called number address nature 0||| *789|||||||ALL number types 0||| 00||||||||ALL number types 10||... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinu.kadem
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed, Inline replacement of string with spaces

Hello, Just surfed on the web for probable answers but could not get them working. I wish to replace the string containing spaces by another phrase but below answers did not work. My string is: PAIN & GAIN I wish to convert it to: P&G I just need it working with sed with function -i ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
6 Replies
CH_LAB(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 CH_LAB(1)

NAME
ch_lab -- change/copy label files SYNOPSIS
ch_lab [-S frame spacing] [-start time] [-end time] [-ext file extension] [-extract file] [-extend time] [-f sample frequency] [-lf sample frequency] [-itype file type] [-key key file] [-lablist list of labels] [-length time] [-map map file] [-name feature name] [-class class] [-o output file] [-otype file type] [-pad high | low] [-pos list of labels] [-q timestep] [-range range] [-sed sed file] [fl shift time delta] [-style output stype] [-vocab vocab file] [-verify] [-nopath] [-base] [-combine] [-divide] [-h] input files ... DESCRIPTION
ch_lab copies from one or more input label files to an output label file, optionally performing various operations along the way. The following option flags are recognized: -h Print a summary of usage to standard output. -S frame spacing frame spacing of output -start time start time, in seconds, for label extraction -end time end time, in seconds, for label extraction -ext file extension filename extension to use for multiple output files -extract file extract a single file from a list of files -extend time extend track file by time seconds beyond label file -f sample frequency sample frequency of label file -lf sample frequency sample frequency for labels -itype file type type of input label file: esps htk ogi -key key file key label file -lablist list list of labels to be considered as blank -length time length of track produced, in seconds -map map file label mapping file -name feature name eg. Fo Phoneme -class class name of class defined in op file -o output file output file name -otype file type output file type: xmg, ascii, esps, htk -pad high | low pad with high or low values -pos list list of labels to be regarded as 'pos' -q timestep quantize label timings to nearst value -range range difference between high and low values -sed sed file perform regex editing using sed file fl shift time delta shift the times of the labels -style output style output style e.g. track -vocab file file containing list of words in vocabulary -verify check that only labels in vocab file are in label file -nopath ignore pathnames when searching label lists -base use base filenames for lists of label files -combine -divide SEE ALSO
ch_wave(1) ch_track(1) Edinburgh Speech Tools April 5, 2001 Edinburgh Speech Tools