Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PAN card validation using UNIX Post 302953664 by suryanarayana on Monday 31st of August 2015 07:06:08 AM
Old 08-31-2015
PAN card validation using UNIX

Please help me to validate PAN card using unix

---------- Post updated at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous update was at 02:21 AM ----------

Code:
1) The first three letters are sequence of alphabets from AAA to zzz
2) The fourth character informs about the type of holder of the Card. Each assesse is unique:`

C — Company
    P — Person
    H — HUF(Hindu Undivided Family)
    F — Firm
    A — Association of Persons (AOP)
    T — AOP (Trust)
    B — Body of Individuals (BOI)
    L — Local Authority
    J — Artificial Judicial Person
    G — Government

3) The fifth character of the PAN is the first character
    (a) of the surname / last name of the person, in the case of 
a "Personal" PAN card, where the fourth character is "P" or
    (b) of the name of the Entity/ Trust/ Society/ Organisation
in the case of Company/ HUF/ Firm/ AOP/ BOI/ Local Authority/ Artificial Jurdical Person/ Govt,
where the fourth character is "C","H","F","A","T","B","L","J","G".

4) The last character is a alphabetic check digit.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time Validation in UNIX?

I am very new to scripting in UNIX and in need of help. I am creating a program that will check a file that has a target time in the form of HH:MM:SS before another program can begin executing. The file with the target time will only have that target time in it and nothing else. Is there any way... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mosammey
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How Can I Do Time Validation in UNIX

I am very new to scripting in UNIX and in need of help. I am creating a program that will check a file that has a target time in the form of HH:MM:SS before another program can begin executing. The file with the target time will only have that target time in it and nothing else. Is there any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mosammey
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script Validation

Hi, I have a UNIX script which has two parts: 1. It connects to a database and refreshes a materialized view 2. It then connects to another database and inserts refresh statistics to a table The script works, but I'm not too good at UNIX validation. Currently, if the first part of the job... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: matchey
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

validation required in unix

is there any way to check null data against some of the column in file My file have such structure 1,,4,SUMISHO ,SMG110880 ,1,12,SUMISHO CAPITAL MANAGEMENT (SINGAPORE) PTE LTD ,ACCT01,20080531,2008,5,30,20080630,1,1,TXGRP ,CGST ,1,74,5.18,74,0,5.18... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: u263066
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix File Validation! Help

Hi All, I got a file with 3 fields delimited by hyphen "-". I have to validate & cleanse the data before i begine the processing Requirements 1. No record should contain more than 2 delimiters 2. No record should even contain less than 2 delimiters 3. Any records that matches rule 1 &... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: minnuverma
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi All, I got a file with 3 fields delimited by hyphen "-". I have to validate & cleanse the data before i begine the processing Requirements 1. No record should contain more than 2 delimiters 2. No record should even contain less than 2 delimiters 3. Any records that matches rule 1 &... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi All, I got a file with 3 fields delimited by hyphen "-". I have to validate & cleanse the data before i begine the processing Requirements 1. No record should contain more than 2 delimiters 2. No record should even contain less than 2 delimiters 3. Any records that matches rule 1 &... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Validation in unix

I have a script which is take date as parameter sh abc.sh <2010-02-01> #!/sh/bin my_date=$1 #Here i want to two diffrent dates ## 3 Days before ##date14query=$mydate - 4 (it will be 2010-01-28) ##date24query=$mydate +4 (it will be 2010-01-05) #Please Help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix date validation

Dears, I am working on a batch that processes file with name containing date prefix eg., 20101222_file.dat. The logic is to process files in order. Eg., 20101225 must be processed only after 20101222. Ok first glance it looked simple, it use a variable to check this date value as number and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naraink
2 Replies
MEMORY_CS(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						      MEMORY_CS(4)

NAME
memory_cb - CardBus memory driver SYNOPSIS
insmod memory_cb.o [pc_debug=n] DESCRIPTION
Memory_cb gives direct memory access to the address spaces of CardBus cards. It provides character-mode devices for accessing a card's PCI configuration space, up to six mapped memory or IO regions, and its expansion ROM space. When loaded, memory_cb will allocate a free major device number. For each card, it will report which address spaces are available, and their sizes. Minor numbers have the form 'dddddsss', where 'ddddd' is the instance number and 'sss' is the memory space for that instance. When memory_cb is bound to a card, it will report its major and minor device numbers to cardmgr(8). The default memory card initialization script creates device special files for all eight card address spaces, though for a particular card, some of these may be unavailable. These devices have the following names: /dev/cbmem#s0 The card's PCI configuration space. /dev/cbmem#s[1-6] The IO or memory spaces mapped by the card's six Base Address Registers. /dev/cbmem#s7 The card's expansion ROM space. The character special devices can be used to read and write arbitrary numbers of bytes to arbitrary locations. The memory_cb driver can be bound to any card regardless of function. PARAMETERS
pc_debug=n Selects the PCMCIA debugging level. This parameter is only available if the module is compiled with debugging enabled. A non-zero value enables debugging. AUTHOR
David Hinds - dahinds@users.sourceforge.net SEE ALSO
cardmgr(8), pcmcia(5), memory_cs(4). pcmcia-cs 2000/06/12 21:24:48 MEMORY_CS(4)