Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Ubuntu on MacBook 4,1 (2008) Backlight Screen Issue Post 302953522 by TheOuterLinux on Friday 28th of August 2015 08:55:58 PM
Old 08-28-2015
I got an external monitor to work, but still no luck with just the laptop. I retried the Intel Linux graphics driver installer but changed my system info to look like 14.10 to get any kind of driver (fails if using 15.04). It says libopenvg1-mesa is missing from whatever repo it is trying to download from. So, I found it somewhere else and installed it. Didn't help the installer at all. So, I guess my laptop is a desktop now. Kinda sucks since the older MacBooks get hot enough that I've replaced my battery twice due to swelling. But since primarily using Ubuntu, I've had no battery problems. It just turns itself off if too hot. Fun fact.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

Ubuntu server login screen

Hi, Im running ubuntu server 8.04 LTS, but I want to change the initial login screen message. How can I do this? Which files do I need to change for this? So just to be clear when I reboot the server the login text which is then displayed thats what I want to change not the text that is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jld
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display IP adresss at login screen (Ubuntu 14.04)

Hi I tried to follow ifconfig - How can I display eth0's IP address at the login screen on Precise Server? - Ask Ubuntu and Show IP address of VM as console pre-login message for some reason the above links did not work as advertised. E.g no ip address was displayed. This is VM... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
9 Replies
PMU(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    PMU(4)

NAME
pmu -- support for Power Management Units found in all Apple laptops and some desktop Power Macintosh computers SYNOPSIS
pmu* at obio? nadb* at pmu? battery* at pmu? smartbat* at pmu? DESCRIPTION
The pmu driver provides support for the Power Management Unit found in Apple laptops and some desktop Power Macintosh computers. Functions controlled by the PMU include the real time clock, ADB, power, batteries, on some laptops like the PowerBook 3400c and similar machines it also controls hotkeys and display brightness, on others it provides an iic(9) bus and on some it controls CPU speed. On many older machines it also provides access to some non-volatile memory and thermal sensors. Not all those features are present on all machines, for instance Power Macintosh G4 and later machines don't have ADB, many more recent laptops have display brightness and backlight control built into the graphics controller instead of the PMU, only a few older PowerBooks use the PMU for CPU speed control and newer machines use a different way to access non-volatile memory. However, all known PMUs so far provide a real time clock and power control. Notes by model Real time clock and power control are present and supported on all machines that can run NetBSD/macppc, ADB is supported when present. PowerBook 2400, 3400c, and 3500 Battery status and thermal sensors found on the mainboard and in the battery pack are supported by the battery(4) driver, val- ues can be read via envsys(4). Hotkeys for brightness control are supported, CPU speed control and parameter RAM are present but unsupported. Power Macintosh G4 ADB is not present, iic(9) is present but unsupported. SEE ALSO
battery(4), cuda(4), nadb(4), nvram(4), obio(4), iic(9) BUGS
Some features are currently unsupported, like the iic(9) bus, access to parameter RAM and CPU speed control. BSD
May 14, 2007 BSD