Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SUID works for shell scripts?? Post 302952907 by MSK_1990 on Monday 24th of August 2015 08:32:30 AM
Old 08-24-2015
Thank you all for your comments..
I'm using Unix (solaris 5.10)

I tried the following c program:
Code:
 #include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
 #define SHELLSCRIPT "\
/home/user1/script_test/test_script_v1 \n\
"
 int main()
{
    puts(SHELLSCRIPT);
    system(SHELLSCRIPT);
    return 0;
}

Note: /home/user1/script_test/test_script_v1 --> script to copy a file in /dir1/subdir where user1 (me) don't have access to write/copy a file

The program is compiled and I had set the SUID permissions. After setting SUID for that executable I tried to execute it from my home dir, It executed successfully and copied the file in the directory /dir1/subdir.
But I need to pass 5 input parameters to shell script, The scenario just tested is just executing the shell script from c program.. But I need to pass input parameters to shell script. Can anyone please tell me how to change the above c program to pass inputs to shell script.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by vbe; 08-24-2015 at 09:40 AM.. Reason: code tags please...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

is SUID disabled for shell

Hi, I have two file in my directory. "catter" file contains "cat ./file". And "file" contails "Hi ashish". I have SUID bit set for catter file. But when a different user in my group runs file catter, shell displays "Permission denied" message. I just want to know can use of suid bit be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

substring command works but only in BASH shell

I am having trouble running a .sh file. The code 'x=${file_name:0:$z-11}' is giving me a bad substitution error. However when I run in BASH it works. Thing is when this goes to production the .sh will not be running in BASH. Is there a way to substring a string not in BASH or a way to invoke... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: edwardtk11
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution issue with shell script - works in a different environment

Hi I get the following error while executing the shell script. I did not get an error when I ran the script in a different environment (unix server). str-token.ksh: 0403-057 Syntax error at line 20 : `(' is not expected. This is the line which gives error string=(${pos_array}) Please find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hidnana
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Works in shell but not script UNIX

ok i have a very simple UNIX script #!/bin/bash TERM=ansi;export TERM PFCMARK=25;export PFCMARK umask 0000 PFUMASK=000;export PFUMASK #run for filepro menus and exectuables echo "###########File Modification Log.############\r" > "/public/appl-fp$(date +%m-%d-%Y).txt" find /appl/fp/... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dunpealslyr
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how the typeset command works in shell script

typeset -l section section=${2:-.} what does these 2 lines meaning? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkatababu
1 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Rsync works in shell but not in cron

So I have this rsync script I wrote to grab some sql files and import them to a database. I left in the mysql stuff just give context to the situation. The real problem is with my rsync code. script.sh (chmod 744) #!/bin/sh rsync -av --rsh="sshpass -p'PASSWORD' ssh -l'USERNAME'"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: noPermissions
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How does a if works in shell

Hi, I need to compare and get an output for values greater than "X10" (values contain both characters and numbers) using if loop... FOR EG: I want to export values greater than X10, i.e., in-case if the value is X11 and greater than the "if" part to be executed if the value is X9 and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivashankar_S
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable assigment not works in shell script

Hi, The following assigment is not working within shell script but is working from command line. Could anybody advise why? OS - solaris 8 APPL=`grep "$Application" ldapapps |awk '{print $1}'` echo $APPL (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: Command works in terminal, but not in shell script

Hi, the following command works in the terminal no problem. samtools view -h rawlib.bam | perl -ne '{ @line = split( /\s+/ ); $match = 0; while( $line =~ /(\d+)M/g ) { $match = $match + $1 } if( $match >= 80 || $_ =~ /^\@/ ) { print $_ } }' | java -Xmx12G -jar... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdilts
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between inbuilt suid programs and user defined root suid programs under bash shell?

Hey guys, Suppose i run passwd via bash shell. It is a suid program, which temporarily runs as root(owner) and modifies the user entries. However, when i write a C file and give 4755 permission and root ownership to the 'a.out' file , it doesn't run as root in bash shell. I verified this by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: syncmaster
2 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a filename containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)