Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) A Fun Perfect Square Checker Using Integer Arithmetic Only... ;o) Post 302952695 by sea on Friday 21st of August 2015 12:46:14 AM
Old 08-21-2015
EDIT: :doh: nevermind to much of math/conditition issues here atm, this is just one of those times i wish one could delete one owns post as long noone else has replied to the thread.

Last edited by sea; 08-21-2015 at 01:53 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extraction of perfect text from file.

Hi All, I have a file of the following format. <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?> <tomcat-users> <role rolename="tomcat"/> <role rolename="role1"/> <role rolename="manager"/> <role rolename="admin"/> <user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat"/> <user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A perfect number shell program

Here's my work of testing whether a number input is perfect or not.. echo Enter a number read no i=1 ans=0 while do if then ans='expr $ans + $i' fi i='expr $i + 1' done if then echo $no is perfect else echo $no is NOT perfect fi (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cyansnow
12 Replies

3. AIX

I want the perfect user-interface

I've got an aix-box somewhere on the network and a PC on my desk. Nothing fancy so far. The PC is made dual-boot: - windowsXP with putty & winSCP or - slackware 13 with xfce4 installed. The aix-box runs DB2 v8.2 and I've installed db2top to monitor the database. db2top is a character... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_te_z
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete text between square brackets and also delete those square brackets using sed or awk

Hi All, I have a text file which looks like this: computer programming systems engineering I want to get rid of these square brackets and also the text that is inside these brackets. So that my final text file looks like this: computer programming systems engineering I am using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to compare string integer with an integer?

hi, how to I do this? i="4.000" if ; then echo "smaller" fi how do I convert the "4.000" to 4? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can you perfect my sed ?

I want to print only the lines that meet the criteria : "worde:" and "wordo;" I got this far: sed -n '/\(*\)\1e:\1o;/p;' But it doesn't quite work. Can someone please perfect it and tell me exactly how its a fixed version/what was wrong with mine? Thanks heaps, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maximus73
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep line with perfect mach

Hi Input File A L006 AL01 0 (OCK) L006 A006 0 (OCK) L011 AR11 1 (NLOCK) Input File B L006 AL01 0 (OCK) L006 A006 0 (OCK) Need Egrep Command for perfect Match Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to find the perfect code...Geting confused in between

I have to find last delimiter in each line of a file and store the value after the last '/' in a variable in ksh script...Pls Pls help me:(The file is as shown below: /opt/apps/cobqa/apps/abadv/bind/advc0007.bnd /opt/apps/cobqa/apps/abbrio/bind/naac6115.bnd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhavanabahety
5 Replies
pthread_rwlock_rdlock(3T)												 pthread_rwlock_rdlock(3T)

NAME
pthread_rwlock_rdlock(), pthread_rwlock_tryrdlock() - lock or attempt to lock a read-write lock for reading SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
rwlock Pointer to the read-write lock to be locked for reading. DESCRIPTION
The function applies a read lock to the read-write lock object referenced by rwlock. The calling thread shall acquire a read lock if a writer does not hold the lock and there are no writers blocked on the lock. It is unspecified whether the calling thread acquires the lock when a writer does not hold the lock and there are writers waiting for the lock. If a writer holds the lock, the calling thread shall not acquire the read lock. If the read lock is not acquired, the calling thread blocks (that is, it does not return from the call) until it can acquire the lock. Results are undefined if the calling thread currently owns a write lock on rwlock. Implementations shall be allowed to favor writers over readers to avoid writer starvation. A thread may hold multiple concurrent locks on rwlock (that is, successfully call the function n times). If so, the thread must perform the matching unlocks (that is, it must call the function n times). The function applies a read lock as in the function with the exception that the function fails if any thread holds a write lock on rwlock or there are writers blocked on rwlock. Results are undefined if any of these functions are called with an uninitialized read-write lock. If a signal is delivered to a thread waiting for a read-write lock, upon return from the signal handler, the thread shall resume waiting for the read-write lock as if it was not interrupted. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, and return zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
If any of the following occur, the function returns the corresponding error number: [EBUSY] The read-write lock rwlock could not be acquired for reading because a writer holds the lock or was blocked on it. For each of the following conditions, if the condition is detected, the and functions return the corresponding error number: [EINVAL] The value specified by rwlock does not refer to an initialized read-write lock. [EDEADLK] The current thread already owns the read-write lock for writing. [EAGAIN] The read lock could not be acquired because the maximum number of read locks for rwlock has been exceeded. This error is not detected on HP-UX. AUTHOR
and were developed by X/Open. SEE ALSO
pthread_rwlock_init(3T), pthread_rwlock_destroy(3T), pthread_rwlock_trywrlock(3T), pthread_rwlock_wrlock(3T), pthread_rwlock_unlock(3T). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_rwlock_rdlock(3T)