Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Usage of grep '^$1' filename
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Usage of grep '^$1' filename Post 302952606 by okkadu on Thursday 20th of August 2015 10:28:11 AM
Old 08-20-2015
Thank you very much, I agre I dont have to go with syntax, however I got confused understandin $1, how is it exactly behaving and this clears my understanding.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

grep usage

grep can filter the text which want to display, but if I want it do not show the text specific in grep, how to do? thk a lot! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zp523444
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

FastCopy usage to get filename

Hi All, My requirement is to get all the files with extension *.txt in a particular path in unix from a remote server using FASTCOPY. Let us suppose i am in local server , i need to go to REMOTE server using FASTCOPY and get the names of all the files in remote server with *.txt from a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rawatds
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep usage help

Hello, I have a list in .txt format of email addresses and I need to extract just a specific domain ... The list format is like: "123456";"user@domain.com";"email";"john";"name" "123457";"user2@domain.com";"email";"john";"name" "123458";"user3@domain.com";"email";"john";"name"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: holyearth
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep Usage

Hello, I am trying to use grep to locate multiple uses of the same word in the same line. The word has to be 3+ char, upper or lower or both. I tried this code <code> grep \({3,}\)*\1 i* </code> and i turned out zero results. Any ideas? ____________________________________________... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Omega1589
5 Replies

5. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Grep usage

my file contains xxabced.p dlksfad; dflsdkjflkds flksdjflkdioewf erfsdlkfjsdla; dlkfjsd;lfkj msgdadf.p dslk kdjflksdjfl;asdfasdfjkljl fdsf;jd ppuskldf.p i want the output is xxabced.p msgdadf.p ppuskldf.p Can any one give the command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingganesh04
1 Replies

7. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

grep usage help?

Use and complete the template provided. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I have to find all the files where the function sequentialInsert is called and the directory is ~cs252/Assignments/commandsAsst/project 2.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jennkat
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep for pattern in filename

Hey guys, here is my code: #!/bin/bash filter=('ubb' 'um2' 'uuu' 'uvv' 'uw1' 'uw2' 'uwh') let num=`ls -l | grep 'sk' | wc -l` read -a lines <<< `ls -l | grep 'sk' | awk '{print $8}'` let finum=${#fi} for ((i=1;i<=$num;i++)) do for ((c=4;c<6;c++)) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkobori
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Diff between grep .* file name and grep '.*' filename

Hi, Can anyone let me know what is difference between grep .* foo.c grep '.*' foo.c I am not able to understand what is exact difference. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SasDutta
2 Replies
KEEPALIVED(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     KEEPALIVED(8)

NAME
keepalived - load-balancing and high-availability service SYNOPSIS
keepalived [-f|--use-file=FILE] [-P|--vrrp] [-C|--check] [-l|--log-console] [-D|--log-detail] [-S|--log-facility={0-7}] [-V|--dont-release-vrrp] [-I|--dont-release-ipvs] [-R|--dont-respawn] [-n|--dont-fork] [-d|--dump-conf] [-p|--pid=FILE] [-r|--vrrp_pid=FILE] [-c|--checkers_pid=FILE] [-v|--version] [-h|--help] DESCRIPTION
Keepalived provides simple and robust facilities for load-balancing and high-availability. The load-balancing framework relies on well-known and widely used Linux Virtual Server (IPVS) kernel module providing Layer4 load-balancing. Keepalived implements a set of checkers to dynamically and adaptively maintain and manage load-balanced server pool according their health. Keepalived also implements the VRRPv2 protocol to achieve high-availability with director failover. OPTIONS
-f, --use-file=FILE Use the specified configuration file. The default configuration file is "/etc/keepalived/keepalived.conf". -P, --vrrp Only run the VRRP subsystem. This is useful for configurations that do not use IPVS load balancer. -C, --check Only run the healthcheck subsystem. This is useful for configurations that use the IPVS load balancer with a single director with no failover. -l, --log-console Log messages to the local console. The default behavior is to log messages to syslog. -D, --log-detail Detailed log messages. -S, --log-facility=[0-7] Set syslog facility to LOG_LOCAL[0-7]. The default syslog facility is LOG_DAEMON. -V, --dont-release-vrrp Don't remove VRRP VIPs and VROUTEs on daemon stop. The default behavior is to remove all VIPs and VROUTEs when keepalived exits -I, --dont-release-ipvs Don't remove IPVS topology on daemon stop. The default behavior it to remove all entries from the IPVS virtual server table on when keepalived exits. -R, --dont-respawn Don't respawn child processes. The default behavior is to restart the VRRP and checker processes if either process exits. -n, --dont-fork Don't fork the daemon process. This option will cause keepalived to run in the foreground. -d, --dump-conf Dump the configuration data. -p, --pid=FILE Use specified pidfile for parent keepalived process. The default pidfile for keepalived is "/var/run/keepalived.pid". -r, --vrrp_pid=FILE Use specified pidfile for VRRP child process. The default pidfile for the VRRP child process is "/var/run/keepalived_vrrp.pid". -c, --checkers_pid=FILE Use specified pidfile for checkers child process. The default pidfile for the checker child process is "/var/run/keepalived_checkers.pid". -v, --version Display the version and exit. -h, --help Display this help message and exit. SEE ALSO
keepalived.conf(5), ipvsadm(8) AUTHOR
This man page was written by Ryan O'Hara <rohara@redhat.com> November 2012 KEEPALIVED(8)