Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Study UNIX Kernel
Operating Systems SCO Study UNIX Kernel Post 302952555 by Abdo_8008 on Wednesday 19th of August 2015 06:18:05 PM
Old 08-19-2015
I'd like to ask what's the C compiler on which unix 6 was written for pdp-11 machine and how to get it's manual pls ..

knowing C
compiler manual
machine architecture and instruction set
source code of unix version 6
lion's notes

this mix could put me on the begging of the trace ...isn't that true ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I want to start study Unix!

hello .. I am college student and a new guy to unix. I have a simple question: what does "unix" stand for ,or just a meaningless name ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanuo
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i want to study unix,but it is very dificult.

14 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zbweh5280
2 Replies

3. Programming

To study kernel and modular programming

I want to do kernel programming.So which site or books help me in studying these.I know C programming to a little extent.Please advice me (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjith
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help for unix study

hi I am vijay how r the unix gurus? I want to install unix for our sites.So pls tell me abt unix installation user guide & also all the unix commands.Pls help me.I am waiting for yr reply. bye..........vijay :D (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vi77_surat
2 Replies

5. Programming

Good Unix Online Study Material

HI Friends, I wanted to start this thread inorder to keep all the Unix starters to easily find useful material through this thread...I request you all to provide with the URL address of any gud material you know... thanks and regards... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul3894singh
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any study material for begineers for UNIX please??

Any study material for begineers for UNIX please?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: niranjany
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix study help

Hi, I need some help with the follow questions :(. Any help would be great! Answer with the necessary commands 1. In your login directory, make a directory called week4/revision 2. Without changing directories, make another directory week4_revision/data 3. Change to week4_revision/data... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heyo
2 Replies

8. Programming

UNIX- -Case study - Library management.

Hi.. I am a new joinee to this foram.I need to submit a case study in UNIX .Please help me to submit the case study by giving your valuable ideas.It will be very helpful for me. Topic: Unix File Management A university wants to computerize its Library operations because of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: viji_jeya
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Study Material

Hi , Can anyone suggest me any UNIX Study material and UNIX Certification specific for TELECOM-DOMAIN. Best Regards, Om Prakash. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: omprakash1986
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

New to UNIX like 2 weeks of study only

why does this not work, confused #!/bin/ksh x="x" echo "Enter a name: " read NAME while do echo $NAME echo if then echo ":" else echo $NAME fi echo echo "Enter a Name: " read NAME (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gmoney93079
8 Replies
CONFIG.GUESS(1) 						   User Commands						   CONFIG.GUESS(1)

NAME
config.guess - guess the build system triplet SYNOPSIS
config.guess [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
The GNU build system distinguishes three types of machines, the `build' machine on which the compilers are run, the `host' machine on which the package being built will run, and, exclusively when you build a compiler, assembler etc., the `target' machine, for which the compiler being built will produce code. This script will guess the type of the `build' machine. Output the configuration name of the system `config.guess' is run on. Operation modes: -h, --help print this help, then exit -t, --time-stamp print date of last modification, then exit -v, --version print version number, then exit ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
config.guess might need to compile and run C code, hence it needs a compiler for the `build' machine: use the environment variable `CC_FOR_BUILD' to specify the compiler for the build machine. If `CC_FOR_BUILD' is not specified, `CC' will be used. Be sure to specify `CC_FOR_BUILD' is `CC' is a cross-compiler to the `host' machine. CC_FOR_BUILD a native C compiler, defaults to `cc' CC a native C compiler, the previous variable is preferred REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs and patches to <config-patches@gnu.org>. Originally written by Per Bothner. Copyright (C) 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
autoconf(1), automake(1), autoreconf(1), autoupdate(1), autoheader(1), autoscan(1), config.guess(1), config.sub(1), ifnames(1), libtool(1). config.guess (2005-09-19) September 2005 CONFIG.GUESS(1)