Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ssh from a ksh returning not found message Post 302952538 by Adagio on Wednesday 19th of August 2015 04:36:14 PM
Old 08-19-2015
Ssh from a ksh returning not found message

Script name is test.ksh
I know that that the ssh command is working properly, this can be verified by the value returned in respond variable. It is unique to the remote server
then
   echo "NOT updated $respond"
else
   echo "UPDATED $respond"
fi

./test.ksh[26]: --: not found.
What I don't understand is the generated line above, is it looking for my script on the remote server, if so why? Is there something I should be doing so it does not?
Thanks for any help

Last edited by vgersh99; 08-19-2015 at 05:56 PM.. Reason: code tags, please!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I prevent cron from returning errors on a file not found?

find: /home/Upload/*: No such file or directory I am getting a find error when I run for FILE in `find /home/Upload/* -prune -type f -newer TIMEFILE` do I need to run this job every 10 minutes to upload any new files that were added. Is there an easy way to prevent this? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodmis
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Returning a BLOB to Ksh

Hello, I am currently using a small script to test out part of a larger script I will use llater on. I am querying Oracle 10.1 to return a column which holds a blob value. This value needs unzipped, sent to a file or piped and then amended and re-inserted to another table with the news values.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack1981
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return a message when a file is not found

Hi there, I am writing a script to look for tmp log files that have not been access within the last 10 days. I am using the follwing command within the script: find /var/tmp -name *log -atime -9 ¦xargs What I would like to be able to do would be to display a message if there is no... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodey
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loop on array variable returning error: 0 not found

I'm guessing i have a syntax error. I'm not sure it get's past the the while condition. I get an error 0 not found. Simple loop not sure what I'm doing wrong. #!/usr/bin/ksh set -A MtPtArray /u03 /u06 tUbound=${#MtPtArray } echo $tUbound i=0 while ($i -lt $tUbound) do print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KME
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function not found message

I have shell script as below: #!/bin/ksh #set -xv function set_variable { VARIABLE_NAME=$1 CURRENT_PATH=`pwd` if ; then echo "\nconfiguration_file.lst file not found in $CURRENT_PATH/common/common_scripts" exit 1; fi VARIABLE_COUNT=`cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: findprakash
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

why the message not found in the file

Hi, I am a newbie for shell programming and met some question about redirect output to a file. See the details. #!/usr/bin/sh ... ./doSomething.pl >> RAW_DATA echo "testing is done !" >> RAW_DATA Descirption: doSomething.pl do a bit complex things and output some message. I append... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: programmerBegin
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not Found message in script execution

Hi gurus, I'm having a strange problem and I hope you can help me solving it. I'm working in Unix Solaris, version 5.10, ksh. I have a script with environment variables which I have to execute prior to other scripts. The script belongs to userA and when I log in, and cd to its directory. It... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ermur
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script returning an error message on exiting

Hi, I am writing a script in which I am using an IF-Else statement. Code sample: # Check for the product. If (test "$3" = "Pet") Then Product_Code="PI" elif (test "$3" = "Breakdown") Then Product_Code="RI" elif (test "$3" = "Travel") Then Product_Code="TI" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bghosh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

not found message

I am executing the following script in a bash shell in solaris and it throws up the following message : But i get the output that i require nevertheless. Can anyone please spot what is causing the warning and how do i get it go away? VAR1="e6842w2334f76figtl5.systems.grp" if 76fig`... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

not found message

I am trying to execute a script called tfile.sh in a bash shell in solaris and it throws up the following message I am getting the required output after this message. How do i get the message to disappear. Can someone please point out my mistake in the script? Thanks in advance ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
13 Replies
suspend(1)							   User Commands							suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)