Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Automatically updating sudoers User_Alias userlist? Post 302952335 by featheredfrog on Monday 17th of August 2015 10:20:30 PM
Old 08-17-2015
In /etc/sudoers, you should be able to find a line or lines that look like

Code:
## Allows people in group wheel to run all commands
# %wheel    ALL=(ALL)    ALL
%wheel    ALL=(ALL)    NOPASSWD: ALL

If you add the user to the wheel group (in /etc/group) when creating the id they will get sudo privs automatically. The useradd option
Code:
-G, --groups GROUP1[,GROUP2,...[,GROUPN]]]

will add secondary groups for a user at id creation.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudoers on HP 11.11

Having a "running low on coffee" moment here & need help. On HP 11.11 where is the sudoers file located; I looked every place I could think of and don't see it. Thanks in advance:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhlopomo
2 Replies

2. Solaris

sudoers and sudo

Hi, on solaris 10, I have two users : user1 and user2 I want to create User_Alias and Cmnd_Alias to allow them to execute a command without prompting for sudo password. command I want these users should be able to run is '/usr/bin/su - abcd' . Also user1 and 2 need not type the 'abcd'... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk updating one file with another, comparing, updating

Hello, I read and search through this wonderful forum and tried different approaches but it seems I lack some knowledge and neurones ^^ Here is what I'm trying to achieve : file1: test filea 3495; test fileb 4578; test filec 7689; test filey 9978; test filez 12300; file2: test filea... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mecano
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudoers

i just installed/configured apache2.0 on my own aix5.3 mini server. i can start/stop apache by root, but i want to start it under my login id(admin) instead. i need to execute this command: /usr/bin/sudo /usr/IBM/HTTPServer/bin/apachectl stop/start. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
5 Replies

5. Solaris

sudoers

this is for the first time i am going to use sudoers i want know how to create sudoers and giving privileges for that users thanks in advance dinu (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinu
6 Replies

6. Solaris

sudoers

what is the configuration file for sudo? can we edit it as like other file or will it create any adverse effect on editing that file? thanks in advance dinu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dinu
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

sudo/sudoers

Dear folks. Considering PCIDSS standards, i have requirment to use sudo(ers) to log everything a certain user executes with root privileges. Now, for an admin it's just a pain in the ass to prefix every command with sudo. Only way i can think of is making .aliases and with some awk magic... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peasant
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SHELL] Userlist alphabetical order

Hi everyone! I am new to the forum and have recently started working with Linux. Quick question, I want a user list in alphabetical order as the output of a shell script. Who can help me!? Thanks! From the netherlands ;) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dennisbest85
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Sudoers file

Hi using Solaris 10. trying to update /etc/sudoers file I need to add all the fist level operation team. This is what I have but it doesn't seem to work. Please help.Error message sudo su - >>> sudoers file: parse error, line 9 <<< >>> sudoers file: parse error, line 9 <<< ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Sudoers

Having a bit of a discussion with a software vendor about this. Can anyone confirm my understanding? /etc/sudoers file example:- user1 server1 = NOPASSWD:/usr/bin/ls -l user1 server1 = NOPASSWD:/usr/bin/file But then the following command fails (logged in on server 1 as user1) because... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
2 Replies
UNTITLED
LOCAL UNTITLED NAME
glutMouseFunc -- Sets the mouse-button callback for the current window. LIBRARY
OpenGLUT - input SYNOPSIS
#include <openglut.h> void glutMouseFunc(void( *callback )( int button, int state, int x, int y )); PARAMETERS
callback Client hook for mouse-buttons. DESCRIPTION
Whenever a mouse button is pressed or released in an OpenGLUT window, OpenGLUT checks if that window has a mouse-button (Mouse) callback reg- istered. If so, OpenGLUT gives the event to the handler. button is the button number, starting from 0. state is GLUT_UP or GLUT_DOWN to indicate the button's new state. The other parameters are the mouse coordinates. Mouse wheel motion can be reported as buttons. If you do not request otherwise, a wheel spun forward will act like a button clicking down, immediately followed by clicking up. Spinning the same wheel backward will act like a different button clicking. Mouse wheel pseudo-buttons are added after all real buttons. While the button is held and the mouse is dragged, you receive mouse-motion events (glutMotionFunc()), even if the mouse is dragged out of the window. This callback is bound to the current window . CAVEATS
Reporting the wheel as buttons is actually inherited from X. freeglut added code to support this on WIN32. OpenGLUT inherited that support from freeglut. Old GLUT defines the symbols GLUT_LEFT_BUTTON, GLUT_RIGHT_BUTTON, and GLUT_MIDDLE_BUTTON. However, mice can have more than 3 buttons, so these symbols are deprecated. Windows created via glutCreateMenuWindow() always cascade keyboard and mouse events to their parent. SEE ALSO
glutMotionFunc(3) glutPassiveMotionFunc(3) glutMouseWheelFunc(3) Epoch