Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Command to pull date
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Command to pull date Post 302952282 by anshu ranjan on Monday 17th of August 2015 03:52:23 AM
Old 08-17-2015
Command to pull date

I have one file with below entry. There are multiple entries, but for sample I used just three lines.
my requirment is to create a script by which it will pull only those entries which modification time is greater than 2 weeks (or 15 days). if I run script today, it will compare date from today and pull entriies which modification time is greater than 2 weeks.
Is there any command or combination of commands which can be used for this activity?

Input
Code:
Login = user1
Modification Time = July 27, 2015 4:57:55 AM EDT
Login = user2
Modification Time = June 24, 2015 5:39:23 AM EDT
Login = user3
Modification Time = Aug 5, 2015 4:53:53 AM EDT

Required Output
Code:
Login = user1
Modification Time = July 27, 2015 4:57:55 AM EDT
Login = user2
Modification Time = June 24, 2015 5:39:23 AM EDT

Below is Output of date command in my server
Code:
> date
Mon Aug 17 03:46:31 EDT 2015

Last edited by vbe; 08-17-2015 at 05:35 AM.. Reason: code tags please. not HTML...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to get previous date from date command in ksh

I want to get previous date from date command. I am using ksh shell. Exmp: today is 2008.09.04 I want the result : 2008.09.03 Please help. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rinku
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to pull Yesterdays Date...

I tried this and it works for the most part, but if the date is 20090301, it displays 20090300. YESTERDAY=$((`date +%Y%m%d` -1)) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cards0622
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to obtain date and day of the week from `date` command

Hi, does anybody know how to format `date` command correctly to return the day of the week? Thanks -A I work in ksh.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pull date from header and append to all records

I did some searches, but couldn't really find what I'm looking for. I have a file formatted as below: BOF ABC CO - XYZ COMM DATA OF 07/05/2011 EBA00000001 sdfa rtyus uyml EBB00000001 54682 984w3 EBA00000002 mkiyuasdf 98234 I want to pull the date from the header record and add it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: keeferb
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Access log field - using awk to pull date/time

hey guys. the following line is a line taken from apache's access_log 10.10.10.10 - jdoe "GET /images/down.gif HTTP/1.1" 304 I'm concerned about the field that has the date and time in it. if assuming the delimiter in the file is a space, then the fourth field will always have the date... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get tomorrow,yesterday date from date Command

Hi I want to get tomorrow and yesterday date from date command. My shell is KSH and server is AIX. I tried several options, but unable to do. Please help on this. Regards Rajesh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshmepco
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need awk/sed command to pull out matching lines from a block

Hi, In order to make our debugging easier in log files, I need this script. My log file will be structured like this : ------Invoking myfile -param:start_time=1371150900000 -param:end_time=1371151800000 for 06/14/2013 <multiple lines here> ..... - Step Sybase CDR Table.0 ended... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshmikumari
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find week of the year for given date using date command inside awk

Hi all, Need an urgent help on the below scenario. script: awk -F"," 'BEGIN { #some variable assignment} { #some calculation and put values in array} END { year=#getting it from array and assume this will be 2014 month=#getting it from array and this will be 05 date=#... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaidhas
7 Replies

9. HP-UX

HP/UX command to pull file name/date based on date

HI, Can anyone tell me how to pull the date and file name separated by a space using the find command or any other command. I want to look through several directories and based on a date timeframe (find -mtime -7), output the file name (without the path) and the date(in format mmddyyyy) to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lnemitz
2 Replies

10. HP-UX

awk command in hp UNIX subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option

current date command runs well awk -v t="$(date +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat subtract 30 days fails awk -v t="$(date --date="-30days" +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat awk command in hp unix subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option error... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmarcus
20 Replies
GIT-REQUEST-PULL(1)                                                 Git Manual                                                 GIT-REQUEST-PULL(1)

NAME
git-request-pull - Generates a summary of pending changes SYNOPSIS
git request-pull [-p] <start> <url> [<end>] DESCRIPTION
Generate a request asking your upstream project to pull changes into their tree. The request, printed to the standard output, begins with the branch description, summarizes the changes and indicates from where they can be pulled. The upstream project is expected to have the commit named by <start> and the output asks it to integrate the changes you made since that commit, up to the commit named by <end>, by visiting the repository named by <url>. OPTIONS
-p Include patch text in the output. <start> Commit to start at. This names a commit that is already in the upstream history. <url> The repository URL to be pulled from. <end> Commit to end at (defaults to HEAD). This names the commit at the tip of the history you are asking to be pulled. When the repository named by <url> has the commit at a tip of a ref that is different from the ref you have locally, you can use the <local>:<remote> syntax, to have its local name, a colon :, and its remote name. EXAMPLE
Imagine that you built your work on your master branch on top of the v1.0 release, and want it to be integrated to the project. First you push that change to your public repository for others to see: git push https://git.ko.xz/project master Then, you run this command: git request-pull v1.0 https://git.ko.xz/project master which will produce a request to the upstream, summarizing the changes between the v1.0 release and your master, to pull it from your public repository. If you pushed your change to a branch whose name is different from the one you have locally, e.g. git push https://git.ko.xz/project master:for-linus then you can ask that to be pulled with git request-pull v1.0 https://git.ko.xz/project master:for-linus GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-REQUEST-PULL(1)