Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Counting Word Appearance
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Counting Word Appearance Post 302951788 by Aia on Monday 10th of August 2015 07:29:18 PM
Old 08-10-2015
Got Perl?
Alphabetically sorted.
Code:
perl -nlaF'[;\s]+' -e '
    map{$words{$_}++;} @F[1..$#F];
    END{for(sort keys %words){print "$_: $words{$_}"}}
' lipidil.file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

option of grep for counting exact word ??

Hi All, I have a quary regarding grep command in linux. I have a file which contains 56677 56677 +56677 +56677 56677 56677 56677 I want to extract total count of "56677" When I hit the following command #cat filename | grep -w -c '56677' the result comes 7. Its counting... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddy
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

counting the occurence of a word

In a file I have to count a particular word. like i need apache how many times. I tried this $ tr "\011" "\012\012"<foo1 | tr -cd "" |sort\uniq -c but I got result like this 32 apache 18 dns 12 doctor Please sugest me (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pranabrana
4 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

Counting a particular word per line

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, It was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, It was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, It was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, It... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigubosu
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting word xx referred to a time period, like minute or hour

Hello, I try to insert a post because I've got a trouble to perform a unix job. But I didn't found which steps (procedure) I should follow. Could you help me? I got a log by my Application box, like following: gbosmam037:test >view Log_Server.csv ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maluca68
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to counting a specific word in a logfile on each day of this month, last month etc

Hello All, I am trying to come up with a shell script to count a specific word in a logfile on each day of this month, last month and the month before. I need to produce this report and email it to customer. Any ideas would be appreciated! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pnara2
5 Replies

6. Programming

Bug in "Word Counting" Program

I have written a simple program that counts the number of words in the input stream. There is a small bug in the code and i am not able to figure out the cause of this bug. #include <stdio.h> int main() { int ichar = 0; int in_word = 1; // in_word = 1 *outside a word* in_word = 0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeharshasn
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BASH - Counting word occurrences in a Web Page

Hi all, I have to do a script bash (for university) that counts all word occurrences in a specific web page. anyone can help me?. Thanks :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: piacentero
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Word counting perl script

Hi friends i need a help on Perl Script In My Home directory, i have some other directories and inside those directories i have some subdirectories and all the directories contains files. Now i want to count a word in all files and i want the output like below wordcount in which file(name... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva kumar
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the appearance of a file

Hello, I have a file. The content of the file is shown below. >AB34.txt 65 66 67 68 >2D2Z.txt 61 62 >2D2Z.txt 92 93 94 >3E50.txt 106 107 >3E50.txt (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manual
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Word-counting and substitution with awk

Hi!! I am trying to write a program which allows me to count how many times I used the same word in a text: {$0 = tolower ($0) gsub (/_]/, "", $0) for (i = 1; i <= NF; i++) freq++ } END { for (word in freq) printf "%s\t%d\n", word, freq It seems work but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ettore8888
3 Replies
SQL::ReservedWords::SQLite(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   SQL::ReservedWords::SQLite(3pm)

NAME
SQL::ReservedWords::SQLite - Reserved SQL words by SQLite SYNOPSIS
if ( SQL::ReservedWords::SQLite->is_reserved( $word ) ) { print "$word is a reserved SQLite word!"; } DESCRIPTION
Determine if words are reserved by SQLite. METHODS
is_reserved( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by either SQLite 2 or 3. is_reserved_by_sqlite2( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by SQLite 2. is_reserved_by_sqlite3( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by SQLite 3. reserved_by( $word ) Returns a list with SQLite versions that reserves $word. words Returns a list with all reserved words. EXPORTS
Nothing by default. Following subroutines can be exported: is_reserved is_reserved_by_sqlite2 is_reserved_by_sqlite3 reserved_by words SEE ALSO
SQL::ReservedWords <http://www.sqlite.org/docs.html> AUTHOR
Christian Hansen "chansen@cpan.org" COPYRIGHT
This program is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2008-03-28 SQL::ReservedWords::SQLite(3pm)