Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: EMAIL Format in UNIX
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting EMAIL Format in UNIX Post 302951757 by joeyg on Monday 10th of August 2015 11:35:54 AM
Old 08-10-2015
Just to clarify, by 'side by side' are you trying to say that the four lines are combined into one without CR/LF (carriage return and line feed) characters?
This may make it easier to understand your problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retaining the Unix CSV format in Excel format while exporting

Hi All, I have created a Unix Shell script whch creates a *.csv file and export it to Excel. The problem i am facing is that Users wants one of the AMOUNT field in comma separted values. Example : if the Amount has the value as 3000000 User wants to be in 3,000,000 format. This Amount format... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rawat_me01
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting windows format file to unix format using script

Hi, I am having couple of files which i used to copy from windows to Linux, so now in case of text files (CTRL^M) appears at end of line. I know i can convert this windows format file to unix format file by running dos2unix. My requirement here is that i want to do it automatically using a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

html format email with attachment in unix

Team, I have the below code, which is working fine and it sends the html report using sendmail command. I want to attach one more file ( which goes as attachment ) in that email. How to achieve it. i tried with uuencode. But no luck :mad: outputFile="/tmp/out.html" ( echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itkamaraj
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format the output to sent in Email

Hi I have a script #!/bin/sh # email addresses to send results to, separated by a space EMAILS="xxxx.yyyy@yahoo.com" SUBJECT="MySQL reporting " DISK_DATA_USAGE=/home/aaaa/usaage.txt mysql YYYYYYYY -e " select 100*sum(max_data_length) as disk_usage_pct from xxxxxx;" >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asha210
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check Date Format And Email Out

Hello All, I have a requirement where i need to get the EXTRACT_DATE from a file and check if the date is of valid format or not and then mail it if it is not valid. Appreciate if you can help me with this. I did the following so far. awk '{for(i=1;i++<=NF;)if($i~/^EXTRACT_DATE/) print $i}'... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email Format Output issues

Hi Guys, I have written a script, which output information from email notfication. The output works fine in HTML format, but non-html format it is not shown in a human readable format. Can you help with the format *** Script echo " Server Name : $CLIENT_CHECK "... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junes
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX command output format in email is not same as on the system

Hi I have script to collect file system usage statistics from few remote unix hosts and email . On the UNIX system the column spacing is fine but the email output is not aligned properly. Any tips to fix this ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2prog
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sending Email in Excel Format

Hello, I am trying to send an email with the below attachment in .xls file format by default its opening everything in a single column in the email. How to display the column in a separate column in excel instead everything together. 2017/01/01 a 10 2017/01/01 b 20 2017/01/01 c 40... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Booo
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script email to outlook report format

I have a ksh script that emails a report to outlook from a Unix Solaris. On server the report formatted perfectly. However, the email version the format is not. On the server report looks like this: TN Region Old SPiAD Server Order/Req Local Status NAAC Status Request Date New... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
1 Replies
COL(1)								   User Commands							    COL(1)

NAME
col - filter reverse line feeds from input SYNOPSIS
col [options] DESCRIPTION
col filters out reverse (and half-reverse) line feeds so the output is in the correct order with only forward and half-forward line feeds, and replaces white-space characters with tabs where possible. This can be useful in processing the output of nroff(1) and tbl(1). col reads from standard input and writes to standard output. OPTIONS
-b, --no-backspaces Do not output any backspaces, printing only the last character written to each column position. -f, --fine Forward half line feeds are permitted fine mode. Normally characters printed on a half-line boundary are printed on the following line. -p, --pass Force unknown control sequences to be passed through unchanged. Normally, col will filter out any control sequences from the input other than those recognized and interpreted by itself, which are listed below. -h, --tabs Output tabs instead of multiple spaces. -x, --spaces Output multiple spaces instead of tabs. -l, --lines number Buffer at least number lines in memory. By default, 128 lines are buffered. -V, --version Output version information and exit. -H, --help Output help and exit. NOTES
The control sequences for carriage motion that col understands and their decimal values are listed in the following table: ESC-7 reverse line feed (escape then 7) ESC-8 half reverse line feed (escape then 8) ESC-9 half forward line feed (escape then 9) backspace moves back one column (8); ignored in the first column newline forward line feed (10); also does carriage return carriage return (13) shift in shift to normal character set (15) shift out shift to alternate character set (14) space moves forward one column (32) tab moves forward to next tab stop (9) vertical tab reverse line feed (11) All unrecognized control characters and escape sequences are discarded. col keeps track of the character set as characters are read and makes sure the character set is correct when they are output. If the input attempts to back up to the last flushed line, col will display a warning message. SEE ALSO
expand(1), nroff(1), tbl(1) STANDARDS
The col utility conforms to the Single UNIX Specification, Version 2. The -l option is an extension to the standard. HISTORY
A col command appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. AVAILABILITY
The col command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util- linux/>. util-linux September 2011 COL(1)