Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Windows Task with Bash script Post 302951721 by bakunin on Monday 10th of August 2015 04:22:22 AM
Old 08-10-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by karp
I'm understend fStart Directory. It can be usefull. Why do you use fOutput ?
For the same reason why i use "fStart": using a variable (instead of a fixed string) i define it once and if i ever have to use another directory i have to change the string only in one place in the script.

The "f" in front of variable names is a reminder for me that the variable contains a path name (the "f" is for "file"). This way i can better keep track of my variables in use, a method called "Hungarian Notation".

Quote:
Originally Posted by karp
If I use full directory string "/cygdrive/d/.../.../tmp.csv", it doesn't work.
Basic debugging 101: What have you done using full directory strings? How has it "not worked"? Were there any diagnostic messages? Error codes? Complaints from the neighbors? Anything?

I don't know if "/cygdrive/d/.../.../tmp.csv" was just a deliberate abbreviation (in this case better use /cygdrive/d/[...]/tmp.csv) or if you entered the path literally like that. If the latter: this is not a legal path name.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment and Uncomment single task out of multiple task

I have a file contains TASK gsnmpproxy { CommandLine = $SMCHOME/bin/gsnmpProxy.exe } TASK gsnmpdbgui { CommandLine = $SMCHOME/bin/gsnmpdbgui.exe I would like to comment and than uncomment specific task eg TASK gsnmpproxy Pls suggest how to do in shell script (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhusmita
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BASH: Change alias to script to add a task

Hi. I use an alias, "homeperm" as shorthand for curl -o. Since most of what I download via cUrl is graphic image files -- jpeg files -- I'd like to be able to change this alias to a script, or use it to invoke a function, which will not only download the file but date-stamp it using Exiv2 in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

last task for my script

hi, infile- create table salary ( occupation_code char(40), earnings decimal(10,2), occ_yearend integer ); outfile- salary:create table salary salary:( occupation_code char(40), salary: earnings decimal(10,2), salary: occ_yearend integer salary:); Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvah
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

command task script

ksh $CODE/dis/scripts/IS_BTEQ_LZ_TABLE_AUDIT.sh DIS_BTEQ LZ_DIS_LOAD_LOG_KEY > $CODE/dis/logs/lz_table_audit_`date '+%Y%m%d_%H%M%S'`.log 2>&1 Can some one tell me what the above script is doing? As per my understanding we are executing the script and sending the output to a log file. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikkasarla
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run Cygwin bash from windows scheduled task?

Hmmm.... I love these forums because I always get great prompt responses and I want to ask a question about running bash on windows. Is that allowed? Now I know I can install cygwin cron and run bash that way. Can I run bash from windows schedule task? How? thanks siegfried (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siegfried
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can any programmer do this task in shell script...

input file's one set header is this, ----------------------------------------------------- OUTPUT FROM ASCII FILE: CAST #1 ----------------------------------------------------- CC Cruise Latitude Longitude YYYY MM DD Time Cast #Levels CA 8504 50.083 -144.883 1970 1 2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whether Shell script can do this task ???

In following attached 748phy.xls file, fifth column is ST_Date, which contains time and dates in this format 22-11-2012 7:54:54 PM in single column I want it to split in this format either 1st column 22/11/2012 and in second column 7:54:54 PM Or like this in separate... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to do one line bash schedule task?

This seems to work: https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/179705-how-run-cygwin-bash-windows-scheduled-task.html However, I was hoping to avoid writing a 2 line bat files to invoke my cygwin scripts as a scheduled task (since I'm making lots scheduled tasks). I was hoping this would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siegfried
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a task in a script at a particular time

I have an ETL process that triggers a shell script. This script picks the files created by the ETL process and does an SFTP. These are huge files. Due to infrastructure limitations, we need to trigger the actual SFTP part only during the 2nd, 16th, 31st and 46th minute of an hour. Please let me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vskr72
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for database task.

Hi, I need help in creating script for "User password reset in database" by logging into database from linux server and resetting the user password. Could you please provide the script for this task? Steps are given below. 1. Login into database from server sqlplus... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
5 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)														 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)