Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: EMAIL Format in UNIX
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting EMAIL Format in UNIX Post 302951604 by Aia on Friday 7th of August 2015 04:13:23 PM
Old 08-07-2015
Does this make a difference?
Code:
sed 's/$/\r/' $MAIL_FILE | mail -s "ERROR: files" $MAIL_LIST

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retaining the Unix CSV format in Excel format while exporting

Hi All, I have created a Unix Shell script whch creates a *.csv file and export it to Excel. The problem i am facing is that Users wants one of the AMOUNT field in comma separted values. Example : if the Amount has the value as 3000000 User wants to be in 3,000,000 format. This Amount format... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rawat_me01
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting windows format file to unix format using script

Hi, I am having couple of files which i used to copy from windows to Linux, so now in case of text files (CTRL^M) appears at end of line. I know i can convert this windows format file to unix format file by running dos2unix. My requirement here is that i want to do it automatically using a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

html format email with attachment in unix

Team, I have the below code, which is working fine and it sends the html report using sendmail command. I want to attach one more file ( which goes as attachment ) in that email. How to achieve it. i tried with uuencode. But no luck :mad: outputFile="/tmp/out.html" ( echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itkamaraj
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format the output to sent in Email

Hi I have a script #!/bin/sh # email addresses to send results to, separated by a space EMAILS="xxxx.yyyy@yahoo.com" SUBJECT="MySQL reporting " DISK_DATA_USAGE=/home/aaaa/usaage.txt mysql YYYYYYYY -e " select 100*sum(max_data_length) as disk_usage_pct from xxxxxx;" >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asha210
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check Date Format And Email Out

Hello All, I have a requirement where i need to get the EXTRACT_DATE from a file and check if the date is of valid format or not and then mail it if it is not valid. Appreciate if you can help me with this. I did the following so far. awk '{for(i=1;i++<=NF;)if($i~/^EXTRACT_DATE/) print $i}'... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email Format Output issues

Hi Guys, I have written a script, which output information from email notfication. The output works fine in HTML format, but non-html format it is not shown in a human readable format. Can you help with the format *** Script echo " Server Name : $CLIENT_CHECK "... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junes
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX command output format in email is not same as on the system

Hi I have script to collect file system usage statistics from few remote unix hosts and email . On the UNIX system the column spacing is fine but the email output is not aligned properly. Any tips to fix this ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2prog
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sending Email in Excel Format

Hello, I am trying to send an email with the below attachment in .xls file format by default its opening everything in a single column in the email. How to display the column in a separate column in excel instead everything together. 2017/01/01 a 10 2017/01/01 b 20 2017/01/01 c 40... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Booo
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script email to outlook report format

I have a ksh script that emails a report to outlook from a Unix Solaris. On server the report formatted perfectly. However, the email version the format is not. On the server report looks like this: TN Region Old SPiAD Server Order/Req Local Status NAAC Status Request Date New... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)