Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: EMAIL Format in UNIX
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting EMAIL Format in UNIX Post 302951599 by satish1222 on Friday 7th of August 2015 03:03:40 PM
Old 08-07-2015
EMAIL Format in UNIX

Hi ,

Need help of Email Format

I have TEST .txt file which contains below data

Code:
/home/a.DAT File Not received 
/home/a.CTL File Not received 
/home/b.DAT File Not received 
/home/b.CTL File Not received

i am using below command to send mail

Code:
mail -s "ERROR: files" $MAIL_LIST < $MAIL_FILE

i am able to get mail in below format with side by side , i need mail as which is above format

Code:
/home/a.DAT File Not received  /home/a.CTLFile Not received /home/b.DAT File Not received /home/b.CTL File Not received

Last edited by Corona688; 08-07-2015 at 04:18 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retaining the Unix CSV format in Excel format while exporting

Hi All, I have created a Unix Shell script whch creates a *.csv file and export it to Excel. The problem i am facing is that Users wants one of the AMOUNT field in comma separted values. Example : if the Amount has the value as 3000000 User wants to be in 3,000,000 format. This Amount format... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rawat_me01
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting windows format file to unix format using script

Hi, I am having couple of files which i used to copy from windows to Linux, so now in case of text files (CTRL^M) appears at end of line. I know i can convert this windows format file to unix format file by running dos2unix. My requirement here is that i want to do it automatically using a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

html format email with attachment in unix

Team, I have the below code, which is working fine and it sends the html report using sendmail command. I want to attach one more file ( which goes as attachment ) in that email. How to achieve it. i tried with uuencode. But no luck :mad: outputFile="/tmp/out.html" ( echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itkamaraj
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format the output to sent in Email

Hi I have a script #!/bin/sh # email addresses to send results to, separated by a space EMAILS="xxxx.yyyy@yahoo.com" SUBJECT="MySQL reporting " DISK_DATA_USAGE=/home/aaaa/usaage.txt mysql YYYYYYYY -e " select 100*sum(max_data_length) as disk_usage_pct from xxxxxx;" >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asha210
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check Date Format And Email Out

Hello All, I have a requirement where i need to get the EXTRACT_DATE from a file and check if the date is of valid format or not and then mail it if it is not valid. Appreciate if you can help me with this. I did the following so far. awk '{for(i=1;i++<=NF;)if($i~/^EXTRACT_DATE/) print $i}'... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email Format Output issues

Hi Guys, I have written a script, which output information from email notfication. The output works fine in HTML format, but non-html format it is not shown in a human readable format. Can you help with the format *** Script echo " Server Name : $CLIENT_CHECK "... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junes
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX command output format in email is not same as on the system

Hi I have script to collect file system usage statistics from few remote unix hosts and email . On the UNIX system the column spacing is fine but the email output is not aligned properly. Any tips to fix this ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2prog
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sending Email in Excel Format

Hello, I am trying to send an email with the below attachment in .xls file format by default its opening everything in a single column in the email. How to display the column in a separate column in excel instead everything together. 2017/01/01 a 10 2017/01/01 b 20 2017/01/01 c 40... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Booo
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script email to outlook report format

I have a ksh script that emails a report to outlook from a Unix Solaris. On server the report formatted perfectly. However, the email version the format is not. On the server report looks like this: TN Region Old SPiAD Server Order/Req Local Status NAAC Status Request Date New... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
1 Replies
RECVQ(5)							File Formats Manual							  RECVQ(5)

NAME
recvq/fax* - received facsimile document format DESCRIPTION
Facsimile received by HylaFAX are placed in the recvq subdirectory. Each facsimile document is stored as a single Class F Tagged Image File Format (TIFF) file. This format includes the following information: o page width and length o horizontal and vertical resolution o page orientation o phone number of the sender o date and time document was received o number of scanlines received with errors o maximum number of consecutive scanlines received with errors o whether or not bad scanlines were regenerated by the receiver o make and model of the modem used to receive the document o name of the host computer on which the document was received Image data is written using either CCITT T.4 or CCITT T.6 compression. By default data is written using the compression scheme/data format negotiated by the sender and receiver. However, if faxgetty(8) is configured to do copy quality checking then data is written using the compression scheme defined by the RecvDataFormat configuration parameter; see hylafax-config(5). A scanline that is regenerated by the receiver because of an error is typically just a copy of the previous good scanline. The files in the recvq directory are created with the protection mode specified in the server configuration file(s). By default, files are created with mode 0600 and owned by the fax user, which means that they are accessible only to the fax user. To print a facsimile on a POSTSCRIPT(R) printer, the fax2ps(1) program can be used. SEE ALSO
viewfax(1), faxview(1), fax2ps(1), faxgetty(8), libtiff(3), hylafax-config(5) October 3, 1995 RECVQ(5)