Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Openssl vulnerabilities
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Openssl vulnerabilities Post 302951237 by Peasant on Tuesday 4th of August 2015 08:07:00 AM
Old 08-04-2015
This is done by distribution vendor.

When they decide to package new version of openssl, it will come to your distribution and be avalible on, for instance, RHEL site if you have subscription. They do this fairly often, especially for big bugs (like we have seen recently).

So patch often and you should be ok.
This User Gave Thanks to Peasant For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

openssl help

I ungraded my openssl on sun solaris 8 from openssl 0.9.6c to openssl 0.9.6g the ungrade went fine but when I tried to ssh in to server, I received the following error message "ld.so.1: ./sshd: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6: symbol main: referenced symbol... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
2 Replies

2. Solaris

ERROR OpenSSL

ERROR OpenSSL version mismatch. Built against 908070, you have 9080bf^M 2009.11.20 15:23:25 ERROR Connection closed^M i am new in solaris,i not have great know in this operative system Help me how i can fixed this, in the machine has installed Solaris Machine hardware: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurio
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using openssl

All, I am new to openssl and I have not been able to figure out exactly how to use it. What I need to do is to create a shell script which FTPS's (SFTP is not allowed on my project) a file to a mainframe. The mainframe will not initiate a session with my server. Question. Are the packages... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MichaelInDC
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Openssl 0.9.8r

Hi Peeps, Having trouble compiling openssl 0.9.8r on Solaris 10 x86. The make test fails when running the shatests (segmentation faults). There is a PROBLEM file that references a file called values.c. Anyone know whereabouts in the source tree you put this file as the file doesn't tell you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

openSSL command help

I am running a openssl command like this: openssl s_client -showcerts -connect $fqdn:$portand the result is some ridiculous amount of stuff but i only want to cut out part of the certificate chain. How do i do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shade917
2 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

OpenSSL

I just started playing around with Unix's OpenSSL utility. I can't seem to get the hang of it, and the man page isn't helping much. I wanted to experiment with file encryption, so I created a dummy text file with one line of text and tried to encrypt it using DES. I used the following command: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
2 Replies
DH_XUL-EXT(1)						     mozilla-devscripts suite						     DH_XUL-EXT(1)

NAME
dh_xul-ext - calculate XUL extension dependencies SYNOPSIS
dh_xul-ext [options] DESCRIPTION
dh_xul-ext is a helper tool for packaging XUL extensions. It calculates the supported XUL applications for the packages that contain an install.rdf file. It will set the substitution variables xpi:Depends, xpi:Recommends, xpi:Breaks, xpi:Enhances, and xpi:Provides. Unknown options will be ignored. OPTIONS
-h, --help Display a brief help message. -a, --all Expand substvars to all known XUL applications. If this parameter is not provided, substvars will only be expanded to the XUL appli- cations that are available on your distribution. Use this parameter if you want to create a package that can be installed on all Debian-based systems without recompiling. -p package, --package=package Calcalate the substvars only for the specified package. If this parameter is not provided, all package listed in the control file will be processed. -v, --verbose Print more information. ENVIRONMENT
DH_XUL_EXT_VENDOR The vendor (for example, Debian or Ubuntu) that should be used for calculating the dependencies. dpkg-vendor(1) will be used for determining the vendor if this environment variable is not set. Setting the variable to all will have the same effect than calling dh_xul-ext with --all. AUTHOR
Benjamin Drung <bdrung@debian.org> dh_xul-ext October 2011 DH_XUL-EXT(1)