Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Core Dump of a process in Red Hat Linux 5.9 Post 302951236 by Anjan Ganguly on Tuesday 4th of August 2015 07:54:46 AM
Old 08-04-2015
RedHat Core Dump of a process in Red Hat Linux 5.9

Hello All,

I am new joiner of this forum.I am new to Linux shell scripting.
At present I have identified 1 application which stalls very frequently (PID is say xyz) and I am not having much information in its application log to identify the root cause of stalling. I need to take the core dump in order to analyze it further.
I think I require some shell script in order to achieve the same.Preferably I want to do it through GCORE utility of GDB.

Can any one help me out in this regard?
I am using Red Hat Enterprise Linux server release 5.9
Kernel version is 2.6.18

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat Linux 6.0

Ok here is my problem i do not know the command to load a driver for my network card in Ted hat linux 6.0 could sombody give me a hand. and if there is anyone that has a list of commands for red hat that would be great also (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbutler3295
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to force core dump of a process

We have an application that terminates with segmentation violation errors in the logs. No source code is available since this is a third party software that is way past its maintenance life cycle. Under these circumstances is there a way to force a core dump of the process for further analysis?? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Un1xNewb1e
3 Replies

3. Linux

crash dump server for red hat ent 4

Is it true that you can't have the crash dump server/client on the same server? I know I've installed Nagios open source before, I though it's only for that kind of thing. I never though that Red hat ent 4 would be like client/server on the crash dump. if someone is having problem with high... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

red hat 4 core off or on

Hi All, I have this IBM 8872-1RU/X460 I need to know if the cpu core is off or on. Is there a query to do that without checking the BIOS? Here's the cpuinfo ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ # cat /proc/cpuinfo processor : 0 vendor_id : GenuineIntel cpu family : 15 model ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Process does not dump any core files when crashed even if coredumpsize is unlimited

Hello Im using redhat and try to debug my application , its crashes and in strace I also see it has problems , but I can't see any core dump I configured all the limit ( im using .cshrc ) and it looks like this : cputime unlimited filesize unlimited datasize unlimited... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
8 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to open the core dump file in linux?

Hi, I have got core dump stating "core.bash.29846" so i am unable to open. How to open the core dump file for further analysis? Reagards Vanitha (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ?

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
2 Replies

8. Linux

Thread specific data from linux core dump

How do i get pointer to thread's local storage or thread specific data while analyzing core dump for linux ? i use pthread_setspecific to store some data in the pthread's local stoare. my multi threaded program on linux crashed, and i want to see what is stored in current running thread's... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwasungal
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Learn Linux Core Dump Analysis

Can any body provide me some good link to learn to create and analyze linux user mode application / kernel module core dumps? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

10. Fedora

Which is the better platform to learn UNIX/Linux (Kali Linux Vs. Red Hat or other)?

I just started a new semester and I started my UNIX class yesterday. I've already decided to use python along with my learning process but what I really want to use with it is Kali as my UNIX/Linux platform to learn off of since I already wanted to learn Cyber Sec. anyways. I just wanted to know if... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ApacheOmega
12 Replies
RHN-PROFILE-SYNC(8)						   Red Hat, Inc.					       RHN-PROFILE-SYNC(8)

NAME
rhn-profile-sync - Update system information on Red Hat Network. SYNOPSIS
rhn-profile-sync [options] DESCRIPTION
rhn-profile-sync is a client program that connects to Red Hat Network (or a Red Hat Network Satellite) and refreshes the data stored for this system. rhn-profile-sync updates data about installed packages, machine hardware, and virtual guest instances (if virtualization is enabled). OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Increase the debugging output. --proxy=PROXY Specify an http proxy to use. --proxyUser=PROXYUSER Specify a username to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyPassword. --proxyPassword=PROXYPASSWORD Specify a password to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyUser. --version Show the program's version number and exit. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date The common configuration file used by RHN client programs. SEE ALSO
rhn_check(8), rhn_register(8), rhnreg_ks(8), rhnsd(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
See the AUTHORS file included with this software. This manual page was written by James Bowes <jbowes@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2010 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2010 August 30 RHN-PROFILE-SYNC(8)