Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FC Luns rescan issue
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat FC Luns rescan issue Post 302950980 by Corona688 on Thursday 30th of July 2015 06:38:45 PM
Old 07-30-2015
To keep the forums high quality for all users, please take the time to format your posts correctly.

First of all, use Code Tags when you post any code or data samples so others can easily read your code. You can easily do this by highlighting your code and then clicking on the # in the editing menu. (You can also type code tags [code] and [/code] by hand.)

Second, avoid adding color or different fonts and font size to your posts. Selective use of color to highlight a single word or phrase can be useful at times, but using color, in general, makes the forums harder to read, especially bright colors like red.

Third, be careful when you cut-and-paste, edit any odd characters and make sure all links are working property.

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HP LV's for Hitachin Luns

Hi, This is my first post and I hope I can present my questions the right way. I am going to be asked to create logical volumes for a Hitachi SAN device on a New HP 11 server. Currently, They are running their data on a EMC (prod server). They are looking to convert the data and filesystems over to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uni-dev
3 Replies

2. AIX

creating luns vg

Hi All, I have these config on my old ssa. Vg4 22GB (pps 256) Vg2 88GB (pps 128) Vg3 22GB (pps 256) Vg8 88GB (pps 128) Vg13 106GB (pps 32) Vg12 106GB (pps 32) Vg10 54GB (pps 64) Vg11 54GB (pps 64) When I create a lun on my san do I need to specify the same pps. If yes,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

3. AIX

LUNS in AIX

Hi team, 2E493F13 0612155010 P H dac0 ARRAY OPERATION ERROR 2E493F13 0612155010 P H dac0 ARRAY OPERATION ERROR 2E493F13 0612155010 P H dac0 ARRAY OPERATION ERROR 2E493F13 0612154910 P H dac0 ARRAY OPERATION ERROR 2E493F13 0612154910 P H dac0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
4 Replies

4. Linux

Rescan LUNs on Linux VM

Hi, I have presented a new 70GB LUN to my RedHat Linux VM server. How do I rescan for the new LUN? Thanks, Sparcman:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Adding LUNs to system

Hi guys I have been asked for the following: SMI Oracle database PTP10 Oracle 10g RAC on usdfslprac4 and usdfslprac5 Linux boxes is reaching its space limit. It is just 20 GB away from being completely out of disk space. And then database will stop working and SMI system hence will be impacted.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
0 Replies

6. Solaris

luns

how to create luns plzzzzzz (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nsusheelgoud
1 Replies

7. BSD

How to rescan scsi bus without reboot on OpenBSD

Hello, My question as title, I don't know the exact command, anyone could tell me about it? Kevin (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: guixingyi
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Scan For new LUNS

In Solaris the administrator has to update /kernel/drv/sd.conf file to tell the sd driver to scan for a broader range of scsi devices. Can someone please tell me what file needs to be update in Redhat Linux 5 for the same. Second part of the question is WWN for HBA's can be found (atleast in my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Rescan scsi not working in Redhat 9

Hi all i am adding one more scsi hdd in my vmware testing environment with Redhat 9 . But the following commands are not working i found that these commands working on rhel 6. ls /sys/class/scsi_host echo "- - -" > /sys/class/scsi_host/host0/scan please let me know the commands for rehat... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaibhav.T
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

Rescan for scsi

Hi All, is there a way of rescanning for newly attached SCSI without rebooting the server? any help greatly appreciated thanks in advance Kb (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kilobyter
4 Replies
CLUSTERDB(1)						  PostgreSQL Client Applications					      CLUSTERDB(1)

NAME
clusterdb - cluster a PostgreSQL database SYNOPSIS
clusterdb [ connection-option... ] [ [ --verbose ] [ -v ] ] [ --table | -t table ] [ dbname ] clusterdb [ connection-option... ] [ [ --all ] [ -a ] ] [ [ --verbose ] [ -v ] ] DESCRIPTION
clusterdb is a utility for reclustering tables in a PostgreSQL database. It finds tables that have previously been clustered, and clusters them again on the same index that was last used. Tables that have never been clustered are not affected. clusterdb is a wrapper around the SQL command CLUSTER [cluster(7)]. There is no effective difference between clustering databases via this utility and via other methods for accessing the server. OPTIONS
clusterdb accepts the following command-line arguments: -a --all Cluster all databases. [-d] dbname [--dbname] dbname Specifies the name of the database to be clustered. If this is not specified and -a (or --all) is not used, the database name is read from the environment variable PGDATABASE. If that is not set, the user name specified for the connection is used. -e --echo Echo the commands that clusterdb generates and sends to the server. -q --quiet Do not display progress messages. -t table --table table Cluster table only. -v --verbose Print detailed information during processing. clusterdb also accepts the following command-line arguments for connection parameters: -h host --host host Specifies the host name of the machine on which the server is running. If the value begins with a slash, it is used as the directory for the Unix domain socket. -p port --port port Specifies the TCP port or local Unix domain socket file extension on which the server is listening for connections. -U username --username username User name to connect as. -w --no-password Never issue a password prompt. If the server requires password authentication and a password is not available by other means such as a .pgpass file, the connection attempt will fail. This option can be useful in batch jobs and scripts where no user is present to enter a password. -W --password Force clusterdb to prompt for a password before connecting to a database. This option is never essential, since clusterdb will automatically prompt for a password if the server demands password authentica- tion. However, clusterdb will waste a connection attempt finding out that the server wants a password. In some cases it is worth typing -W to avoid the extra connection attempt. ENVIRONMENT
PGDATABASE PGHOST PGPORT PGUSER Default connection parameters This utility, like most other PostgreSQL utilities, also uses the environment variables supported by libpq (see in the documentation). DIAGNOSTICS
In case of difficulty, see CLUSTER [cluster(7)] and psql(1) for discussions of potential problems and error messages. The database server must be running at the targeted host. Also, any default connection settings and environment variables used by the libpq front-end library will apply. EXAMPLES
To cluster the database test: $ clusterdb test To cluster a single table foo in a database named xyzzy: $ clusterdb --table foo xyzzy SEE ALSO
CLUSTER [cluster(7)] Application 2010-05-14 CLUSTERDB(1)