Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Foreach loop with two variables Post 302950658 by vgersh99 on Monday 27th of July 2015 05:45:56 PM
Old 07-27-2015
does it have to be csh/tcsh?
Code:
#!/bin/ksh
awk '
   FNR==NR {f1[$0];next} 
  {f2[$0]}
END {
   for (f1I in f1)
     for (f2I in f2)
       print "sql " f1I " -u" f2I " <script.sql>> script.log"
}' /local/hd3/dba/tools/build_db_scripts/dbs /local/hd3/dba/tools/build_db_scripts/dbas > /local/hd3/dba/tools/build_db_scripts/run_this

chmod 777 /local/hd3/dba/tools/build_db_scripts/run_this

This User Gave Thanks to vgersh99 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

foreach loop question

Hello, I am new at this forum so please bare with me on this. Within a given directory, I have a list of files in which in each file, I would like to do a substitution. I would like to substitute the string mlcl to mll in each file using the foreach command. I dont quite get how to do that. If... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: clipski
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Foreach loop

What am I doing wrong with this foreach loop? foreach var ($argv) @sum = $sum + $var (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: haze21
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

foreach loop

Hi Guys, I have a loop which uses a wildcard i.e. foreach f (*) but when I execute the tcsh file in unix then it gives me an error ->>>>>>>foreach: words not parenthesized<<<<<<<<<<- Any help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abch624
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

foreach loop + 2 variables

In a foreach loop, is it possible for the loop to go through 2 arguments instead of one i.e. instead of foreach i (do stuff for i), we have foreach i j(do stuff for i; do stuff for j) I am working under BASH and TCSH shell environments cheers (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

foreach loop

Hi everyone Does anyone know what is wrong with this script. i keep getting errors foreach filename (`cat testing1`) set string=$filename set depth=`echo "$string" echo $depth end the error is the following testing: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `(' testing: line 1:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROOZ
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with foreach loop

Hi All, Is there any problem with the below 'foreach' loop? foreach risk_factor ($(cat "$rf_list")) where "rf_list=$SCRIPT/Utility/rflist.txt " I'm wondering, it is throwing below error message: syntax error at line 34: `(' unexpected Any idea/suggestions ? Thanks in advance /... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed with a foreach loop

So I am back again beating my head against the wall with a shell script and getting a headache! I want to change each year in a file (1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, etc.) to the same year followed by a tab. The input is "blah blah (1980) blah blah". I want to get "blah blah (1980 ) blah blah".... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peggy White
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using the Foreach loop, Needing help

I am trying to make a script for my Counter-Strike: Source servers. What i am wanting it to do is for it to restart each server, the only way i can think of doing this in through for each. Years what i have at the moment. server_start() { START=`ps x | grep SCREEN | grep $SRV | cut -d '?' -f... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grahamn95
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

foreach loop problem

Dear all, I wrote a script to download files and move files in directories according to their name. Now here is the problem: Both p101 and p360 data download successfully, but when I move them according to the year and month, only p101 data can be placed at the right location, p360,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: handsonzhao
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

foreach loop in csh

Hi everyone I'm new to unix and encountered a small problem i couldnt find out a reason why it doesn't work..please help.. in my csh script when i tried to use the foreach loop like this: foreach x ( ls ) echo $x end when i tried to run it, it printed out 'ls' to the std out instead of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ymc1g11
3 Replies
CUBRID_CONNECT_WITH_URL(3)						 1						CUBRID_CONNECT_WITH_URL(3)

cubrid_connect_with_url - Establish the environment for connecting to CUBRID server

SYNOPSIS
resource cubrid_connect_with_url (string $conn_url, [string $userid], [string $passwd], [bool $new_link = false]) DESCRIPTION
The cubrid_connect_with_url(3) function is used to establish the environment for connecting to your server by using connection information passed with an url string argument. If the HA feature is enabled in CUBRID, you must specify the connection information of the standby server, which is used for failover when failure occurs, in the url string argument of this function. If the user name and password is not given, then the "PUBLIC" connection will be made by default. <url> ::= CUBRID:<host>:<db_name>:<db_user>:<db_password>:[?<properties>] <properties> ::= <property> [&<property>] <properties> ::= alhosts=<alternative_hosts>[ &rctime=<time>] <properties> ::= login_timeout=<milli_sec> <properties> ::= query_timeout=<milli_sec> <properties> ::= disconnect_on_query_timeout=true|false <alternative_hosts> ::= <standby_broker1_host>:<port> [,<standby_broker2_host>:<port>] <host> := HOSTNAME | IP_ADDR <time> := SECOND <milli_sec> := MILLI SECOND ohost : A host name or IP address of the master database odb_name : A name of the database odb_user : A name of the database user odb_password : A database user password o alhosts : Specifies the broker information of the standby server, which is used for failover when it is impossible to connect to the active server. You can specify multiple brokers for failover, and the connection to the brokers is attempted in the order listed in alhosts o rctime : An interval between the attempts to connect to the active broker in which failure occurred. After a failure occurs, the system connects to the broker specified by althosts (failover), terminates the transaction, and then attempts to connect to the active broker of the master database at every rctime. The default value is 600 seconds. o login_timeout : Timeout value (unit: msec.) for database login. The default value is 0, which means infinite postponement. o query_timeout : Timeout value (unit: msec.) for query request. Upon timeout, a message to cancel requesting a query transferred to server is sent. The return value can depend on the disconnect_on_query_timeout configuration; even though the message to cancel a request is sent to server, that request may succeed. o disconnect_on_query_timeout : Configures a value whether to immediately return an error of function being executed upon timeout. The default value is false. Note ? and : that are used as identifiers in PHP connection URL can't be included in the password. The following is an example of a pass- word that is invalid to use as connection URL because it contains " ?:". $url = "CUBRID:localhost:33000:tdb:dba:12?:?login_timeout=100"; Passwords that contain ? or : may be passed as a separate parameter. $url = "CUBRID:localhost:33000:tbd:::?login_timeout=100"; $conn = cubrid_connect_with_url($url, "dba", "12?"); If user or password is empty,you can't delete " :",the following is an example. $url = "CUBRID:localhost:33000:demodb:::"; PARAMETERS
o $conn_url -A character string that contains server connection information. o $userid -User name for the database. o $passwd -User password. o $new_link -If a second call is made to cubrid_connect_with_url(3) with the same arguments, no new connection will be established, but instead, the connection identifier of the already opened connection will be returned. The $new_link parameter modifies this behav- ior and makes cubrid_connect_with_url(3) always open a new connection, even if cubrid_connect_with_url(3) was called before with the same parameters. RETURN VALUES
Connection identifier, when process is successful. FALSE, when process is unsuccessful. EXAMPLES
Example #1 cubrid_connect_with_url(3) url without properties example <?php $conn_url = "CUBRID:localhost:33000:demodb:dba::"; $con = cubrid_connect_with_url($conn_url); if ($con) { echo "connected successfully"; cubrid_execute($con, "create table person(id int,name char(16))"); $req =cubrid_execute($con, "insert into person values(1,'James')"); if ($req) { cubrid_close_request($req); cubrid_commit($con); } else { cubrid_rollback($con); } cubrid_disconnect($con); } ?> Example #2 cubrid_connect_with_url(3) url with properties example <?php $conn_url = "CUBRID:127.0.0.1:33000:demodb:dba::?login_timeout=100" $con = cubrid_connect_with_url ($conn_url); if ($con) { echo "connected successfully"; cubrid_execute($con, "create table person(id int,name char(16))"); $req =cubrid_execute($con, "insert into person values(1,'James')"); if ($req) { cubrid_close_request($req); cubrid_commit($con); } else { cubrid_rollback($con); } cubrid_disconnect($con); } ?> SEE ALSO
cubrid_connect(3), cubrid_pconnect(3), cubrid_pconnect_with_url(3), cubrid_disconnect(3), cubrid_close(3). PHP Documentation Group CUBRID_CONNECT_WITH_URL(3)