Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace pattern from nth field from a file Post 302950529 by Amit Joshi on Sunday 26th of July 2015 06:31:15 AM
Old 07-26-2015
Replace pattern from nth field from a file

Code:
$ cat /cygdrive/d/Final2.txt
1,A ,Completed, 07.03_23.01 ,Jun 30 20:00
2,BBB,Pending,,
3,CCCCC,Pending,,
4,DDDDD,Pending,,
5,E,Pending,,
6,FFFF,Pending,,
7,G,Pending,,

In the above file 4th field is date which is in MM.DD_HH.MIN format and I need to convert it to as it is there in 5th columns.

Any idea how I can do that in unix shell script with sed or awk or any other command ?

Last edited by Don Cragun; 07-26-2015 at 08:01 AM.. Reason: Add CODE and ICODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find pattern and replace another field

HI all I have a problem, I need to replace a field in a file, but only in the lines that have some pattern, example: 100099C01101C00000000059394200701CREoperadora_TX 100099C01201C00000000000099786137OPERADORA_TX2 in the example above I need to change the first field from 1 to 2 only if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sergiioo
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search pattern and replace x-y characters in nth line after every match

Hi, I am looking for any script which can do the following. have to read a pattern from fileA and copy it to fileB. fileA: ... ... Header ... ... ..p1 ... ... fileB: .... .... Header (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilvk
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find the nth field value in delimiter file in unix using awk

Hi All, I wanted to find 200th field value in delimiter file using awk.? awk '{print $200}' inputfile I am getting error message :- awk: The field 200 must be in the range 0 to 199. The source line number is 1. The error context is {print >>> $200 <<< } using... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jairaj
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a nth field from a comma delimited file

Hi, In my file (which is "," delimited and text qualifier is "), I have to extract a particualr field. file1: 1,"aa,b",4 expected is the 2nd field: aa,b I tried the basic cut -d "," -f 2 file 1, this gave me aa alone instead aa,b. A small hint ot help on this will be very... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a data in a field if that does not contain a particular pattern

Hi, I have a date/time field in my file. I have to search in all the records and append a timestamp to it, if the timestamp is missing in that field. Is there a possible awk solution for this? Field date format File1 ==== 1|vamu|payer|2007-12-02 02:01:30|bcbs|... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Serach pattern in one field and replace in another

Hi all, I have a TAB separated file like this: sample.rpt: 54 67 common/bin/my/home {{bla bla bla}} {bla bla} Replace Me 89 75 bad/rainy/day/out {{ some bla} } {some bla} Dontreplace Me ...... ...... I wish to do a regexp match on the 3rd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newboy
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a value of Nth field of nth row

Using Awk, how can I achieve the following? I have set of record numbers, for which, I have to replace the nth field with some values, say spaces. Eg: Set of Records : 4,9,10,55,89,etc I have to change the 8th field of all the above set of records to spaces (10 spaces). Its a delimited... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepakwins
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing nth field with nth_text for each line in a file

Hi All, I am very new to shell scripting and tried to search this in the forum but no luck. Requirment: I have an input file which is comma separated. I need to replace the value in 4th column with another value. This has to happen for all the lines in the file. Sample data: Input... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumarsd
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace pattern from nth field from a file

I have posted this again as old post is closed and I am not able to reopen. so please consider this new post Input File : 1,A,Completed,06.02_19.36,Jun 30 20:00 2,BBB,Failed,07.04_05.12,Jul 21 19:06 3,CCCCC,New,07.21_03.03,Jul 26 12:57 4,DDDDD,Pending,, I wast output file as: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Joshi
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search term in nth field and replace kth column

Hi, I have a text file which looks like this a.txt A,12,Apple,Red B,33,Banana,Yellow C,66,Sky,Blue I need to search for a particular field(s) in particular column(s) and for that matching line need to replace the nth column. Sample scenario 1: Search for 66 in second field and Sky in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahi80
5 Replies
dat_rsp_create(3DAT)				     Direct Access Transport Library Functions				      dat_rsp_create(3DAT)

NAME
dat_rsp_create - create a Reserved Service Point SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -ldat [ library... ] #include <dat/udat.h> DAT_RETURN dat_rsp_create ( IN DAT_IA_HANDLE ia_handle, IN DAT_CONN_QUAL conn_qual, IN DAT_EP_HANDLE ep_handle, IN DAT_EVD_HANDLE evd_handle, OUT DAT_RSP_HANDLE *rsp_handle ) PARAMETERS
ia_handle Handle for an instance of DAT IA. conn_qual Connection Qualifier of the IA the Reserved Service Point listens to. ep_handle Handle for the Endpoint associated with the Reserved Service Point that is the only Endpoint that can accept a Connection Request on this Service Point. The value DAT_HANDLE_NULL requests the Provider to associate a Provider-created Endpoint with this Service Point. evd_handle The Event Dispatcher to which an event of Connection Request arrival is generated. rsp_handle Handle to an opaque Reserved Service Point. DESCRIPTION
The dat_rsp_create() function creates a Reserved Service Point with the specified Endpoint that generates, at most, one Connection Request that is delivered to the specified Event Dispatcher in a Notification event. RETURN VALUES
DAT_SUCCESS The operation was successful. DAT_INSUFFICIENT_RESOURCES The operation failed due to resource limitations. DAT_INVALID_HANDLE The ia_handle, evd_handle, or ep_handle parameter is invalid. DAT_INVALID_PARAMETER The conn_qual parameter is invalid. DAT_INVALID_STATE Parameter in an invalid state. For example, an Endpoint was not in the Idle state. DAT_CONN_QUAL_IN_USE Specified Connection Qualifier is in use. USAGE
The usage of a Reserve Service Point is as follows: o The DAT Consumer creates a Local Endpoint and configures it appropriately. o The DAT Consumer creates a Reserved Service Point specifying the Local Endpoint. o The Reserved Service Point performs the following: o Collects native transport information reflecting a received Connection Request. o Creates a Pending Connection Request. o Creates a Connection Request Notice (event) that includes the Pending Connection Request (which includes, among others, Reserved Service Point Connection Qualifier, its Local Endpoint, and information about remote Endpoint). o Delivers the Connection Request Notice to the Consumer-specified target (CNO) evd_handle. The Local Endpoint is transitioned from Reserved to Passive Connection Pending state. o Upon receiving a connection request, or at some time subsequent to that, the DAT Consumer must either accept() or reject() the Pending Connection Request. o If accepted, the original Local Endpoint is now in a Connected state and fully usable for this connection, pending only native trans- port mandated RTU messages. This includes binding it to the IA port if that was not done previously. The Consumer is notified that the Endpoint is in a Connected state by a Connection Established Event on the Endpoint connect_evd_handle. o If rejected, the Local Endpoint point transitions into Unconnected state. The DAT Consumer can elect to destroy it or reuse it for other purposes. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: uDAPL, 1.1, 1.2 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libdat(3LIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 16 Jul 2004 dat_rsp_create(3DAT)