Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reverse complement
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Reverse complement Post 302950512 by Aia on Sunday 26th of July 2015 12:57:21 AM
Old 07-26-2015
Code:
perl -ple 'y/ACGT/TGCA/ and $_ = reverse unless /^>/' infile
>GHL8OVD01CMQVT SHORT1
ACATCAA
>GHL8OVD01CMQVT SHORT2
ACATCAA

These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Aia For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse *

when I do $ ls z* List of all files begining with 'z'. But what if I want to do a reverse lookup. Just for interest sake ;) $ ls ztr should be same as $ ls ztr* $ ls zt* $ ls z* (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: azmathshaikh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

reverse of basename

Hi, Can someone let me know how to find the reverse of the basename i.e i have /apps/tiv/pmon/xxxx.dat and I want /apps/tiv/pmon/ Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: braindrain
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse FTP

Hi Everybody, I want to write a script in unix which will automatically FTP a .txt file from my client machine D: drive(Windows) That is I want to FTP a file from my PC to UNIX box but this should be done from UNIX box by a shell script. (i.e. I will invoke the script in UNIX and FTP will be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesh123
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

reverse sort

Hello, How do i sort a csv file. i should be sorting column1(varchar),column2*(varchar) in ascending and column4 in descending order(numeric datatype). I tried few combinations of sort, but doesn't seem to be getting the right result. sort -t "," -k 1 -k 2 -k 4nr file any help is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: markjason
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

reverse an integer

i have created a script that will reverse any given ineter. #!/bin/ksh echo "Enter the number" read n if then a=`expr $n / 10` b=`expr $n % 10` c=`expr $b \* 10 + $a` fi echo $c --------------------------------------------------------------------- the problem with this script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to reverse file

i am using AIX -ksh how can i reverse any file ,i have already try tac cmd it is not in AIX: please help me out. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Two complement to double conversion

Is there a reuse code somewhere for conversion of two complement to a 64-bit double? Any pointer is greatly appreciated! GG (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NAVTime
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

reverse matching

Hello guys How can I use egrep to match word1 but not word2...word1. What I mean suppose that I have the following text, and my word1=pizza and word2=eat I hate to eat pizza because I ma eating it each day Pizza is good I like vegetarian and Italian Pizza eating healthy food is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fdc2suxs
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse of a string

Hi All, I have a String str="Manish". I would like to reverse it. I know the option to do this in bash is: echo "Manish" | rev but I have seen an alternate solution somewhere, which states that: str="Manish" echo $str | awk '{ for(i=length($0);i>=1;i--) printf("%s",substr($0,i,1));... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishdivs
7 Replies
Bio::Graphics::Glyph::dna(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Bio::Graphics::Glyph::dna(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Graphics::Glyph::dna - The "dna" glyph SYNOPSIS
See L<Bio::Graphics::Panel> and L<Bio::Graphics::Glyph>. DESCRIPTION
This glyph draws DNA sequences. At high magnifications, this glyph will draw the actual base pairs of the sequence (both strands). At low magnifications, the glyph will plot the GC content. By default, the GC calculation will use non-overlapping bins, but this can be changed by specifying the gc_window option, in which case, a sliding window calculation will be used. For this glyph to work, the feature must return a Bio::PrimarySeq DNA object in response to the seq() method. For example, you can use a Bio::SeqFeature::Generic object with an attached Bio::PrimarySeq like this: my $dna = Bio::PrimarySeq->new( -seq => 'A' x 1000 ); my $feature = Bio::SeqFeature::Generic->new( -start => 1, -end => 800 ); $feature->attach_seq($dna); $panel->add_track( $feature, -glyph => 'dna' ); A Bio::Graphics::Feature object may also be used. OPTIONS The following options are standard among all Glyphs. See Bio::Graphics::Glyph for a full explanation. Option Description Default ------ ----------- ------- -fgcolor Foreground color black -outlinecolor Synonym for -fgcolor -bgcolor Background color turquoise -fillcolor Synonym for -bgcolor -linewidth Line width 1 -height Height of glyph 10 -font Glyph font gdSmallFont -connector Connector type 0 (false) -connector_color Connector color black -label Whether to draw a label 0 (false) -description Whether to draw a description 0 (false) -hilite Highlight color undef (no color) In addition to the common options, the following glyph-specific options are recognized: Option Description Default ------ ----------- ------- -do_gc Whether to draw the GC true graph at low mags -gc_window Size of the sliding window E<lt>noneE<gt> to use in the GC content calculation. If this is not defined, non- overlapping bins will be used. If this is set to "auto", then the glyph will choose a window equal to 1% of the interval. -gc_bins Fixed number of intervals 100 to sample across the panel. -axis_color Color of the vertical axes fgcolor in the GC content graph -strand Show both forward and auto reverse strand, one of "forward", "reverse", "both" or "auto". In "auto" mode, +1 strand features will show the plus strand -1 strand features will show the reverse complement and strandless features will show both NOTE: -gc_window=>'auto' gives nice results and is recommended for drawing GC content. The GC content axes draw slightly outside the panel, so you may wish to add some extra padding on the right and left. BUGS
Please report them. SEE ALSO
Bio::Graphics::Panel, Bio::Graphics::Glyph, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::arrow, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::cds, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::crossbox, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::diamond, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::dna, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::dot, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::ellipse, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::extending_arrow, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::generic, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::graded_segments, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::heterogeneous_segments, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::line, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::pinsertion, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::primers, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::rndrect, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::segments, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::ruler_arrow, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::toomany, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::transcript, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::transcript2, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::translation, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::triangle, Bio::DB::GFF, Bio::SeqI, Bio::SeqFeatureI, Bio::Das, GD AUTHOR
Lincoln Stein <lstein@cshl.org>. Sliding window GC calculation added by Peter Ashton <pda@sanger.ac.uk>. Copyright (c) 2001 Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See DISCLAIMER.txt for disclaimers of warranty. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-20 Bio::Graphics::Glyph::dna(3pm)