Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users PERL DBD make test on Linux failing Post 302949837 by neutronscott on Thursday 16th of July 2015 01:01:55 PM
Old 07-16-2015
If you removed the -m32 then you'll create a 64-bit library and link to the 64-bit clntsh. But I'm not familiar with this build. Does it need to be dynamically loaded by a 32-bit program? Probably not.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

perl module DBD-Oracle

I am trying to install Oracle perl module(DBD-Oracle). MY oracle server runs on solaris 8 while the machine am tring to install DBD-Oracle runs Suse linux 9(SLE 9) Oracle client library including sqlplus are NFS mount on my suse linux machine from my solaris oracle server but when I run make on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan1
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

perl-DBD-Oracle

I am trying to install perl-DBD-Oracle-1.16-1.2.rpm on Suse (SLE 9), like rpm -Uvh perl-DBD-Oracle-1.16-1.2.rpm but I keep getting the following error message error: Failed dependencies: libclntsh.so.10.1 is needed by perl-DBD-Oracle-1.16-1.2.el4 libnnz10.so is needed by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan1
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl DBI/DBD Module -in cygwin

Hi all, I am trying to install the DBI module in perl using perl -MCPAN -e shell install 'DBI' --It is installing into the nuild directory properly but when it try to make it is saying NOT OK -I tried to copy the module manually to the /lib/perl5/vendor_perl ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installing Perl DBI and DBD

Hi, i have some queries on installing the Perl DBI and the DBD Oracle. I know that i have to install the DBI first. I have the source files in a folder in my home directory.The commands to install arecd /home/DBI Perl Makefile.PL make make installI would like to know, after executing these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

make test fails for DBD::Oracle installation

I've already installed the DBI Perl Module with no issues and now I'm attempting to install the DBD::Oracle driver on a Red Hat Enterprise 4 server and am having some trouble. I've checked through the forums and haven't seen anything helpful at this point. Everything goes fine during the perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pstrosnyder
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display which test in the if/else is failing

So I have a script that monitors my drives (/dev/sda and /dev/sdb) using smartctl (smartmontools). I'm by no means an expert in scripting, so this was my attempt at creating a way to email me if one of the values in smartctl output goes above a set threshold. My question is, I'm trying to edit... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bound4h
5 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Installing MySql DBD in dtrawberry perl

Hi Guys, I am trying to install DBI and DBD-MYSQL for strawberry perl. But i am not able to install. :wall: DBD-MYSQL >> makefile.pl gives error as 'Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO)'. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanth.vadalur
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test file script - if evaluation failing

I have a following script to evaluate if file exist in the directory and then archive it. #!/bin/bash #master directory scriptdir="/flex/sh/interfaces" #change this path only - all other paths are connected with it filedir="/flex/interfaces" #change this path only - all other paths are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: viallos
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script test failing

Testing some old script developed by different user. #!/usr/bin/sh case "$0" in */*) cmd="$0";; *) cmd=`which "$0"`;; esac dir=`dirname "$cmd"` node="$dir/." echo $node below two simple tests are failing, I am not seeing any Control+M characters in the script file and I am not able... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srimitta
4 Replies
STICKY(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 STICKY(8)

NAME
sticky - persistent text and append-only directories DESCRIPTION
The sticky bit (file mode bit 01000, see chmod(2)) is used to indicate special treatment for certain executable files and directories. STICKY TEXT EXECUTABLE FILES
While the `sticky bit' is set on a sharable executable file, the text of that file will not be removed from the system swap area. Thus the file does not have to be fetched from the file system upon each execution. Shareable text segments are normally placed in a least-fre- quently-used cache after use, and thus the `sticky bit' has little effect on commonly-used text images. Sharable executable files are made by the -n and -z options of ld(1). Only the super-user can set the sticky bit on a sharable executable file. STICKY DIRECTORIES
A directory whose `sticky bit' is set becomes an append-only directory, or, more accurately, a directory in which the deletion of files is restricted. A file in a sticky directory may only be removed or renamed by a user if the user has write permission for the directory and the user is the owner of the file, the owner of the directory, or the super-user. This feature is usefully applied to directories such as /tmp which must be publicly writable but should deny users the license to arbitrarily delete or rename each others' files. Any user may create a sticky directory. See chmod(1) for details about modifying file modes. BUGS
Since the text areas of sticky text executables are stashed in the swap area, abuse of the feature can cause a system to run out of swap. Neither open(2) nor mkdir(2) will create a file with the sticky bit set. 4th Berkeley Distribution May 26, 1986 STICKY(8)