Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to create SQL statement out of data using shell script? Post 302949701 by gksenthilkumar on Tuesday 14th of July 2015 05:32:03 PM
Old 07-14-2015
WOW!!!!!!!!!!
This is awesome code, I was writing this code connecting with database to do with 500+ lines & still I am working on how to handle All Other (if RULE contains 'All Other' then i need to put not in ( value for that tree branch ) scenario.

But this code is tiny & doing super BIG magic init..

Thank you Chubler_XL SmilieSmilie!!!!! & MadeInGermany!!!!
SmilieSmilieSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to assign sql output data to shell script variable

Hi Guys ! I am new to unix and want to find out how we can make sql statement data to shell script variable? Any help/suggestion is greatly appreciated -Chandra (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kattics
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using SELECT sql statement in shell script

Hi there I have a database on a remote box and i have been using shell script to insert data into it for example, i could have a script that did this SN=123456 n=server1 m=x4140 sql="UPDATE main SET hostname='$n',model='$m' WHERE serial='$SN';" echo $sql |/usr/sfw/bin/mysql -h... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass tablenames from a file to shell script to execute create statement in DB2

Hi, I am new to Shell Scripting, and I need to create nicknames for 600 tables in db2. I have the file names in a text file and i have to pass these table names to a shell script create nicknames in db2. Can some one please help me in this regard. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamalanaatha
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get full sql table data using shell script

i have a Oracle table like col1 col2 ---- ----- a 1 b 2 c 3 when i write a script for it , it gives me all the data in one column. Please give me the solution which gives the exact result like we see in sql editors. for a in `echo " set feedback off; set pagesize 40;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ss135r
1 Replies

5. Programming

create a spool file based on values passed from korn shell to sql script

this is my issue. 4 parameters are passed from korn shell to sql script. parameter_1= varchar2 datatype or no value entered my user. parameter_2= number datatype or no value entered my user. parameter_3= number datatype or no value entered my user. parameter_4= number datatype or no... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn shell script - SQL statement challenges

Hi scripting experts. I have some coding challenges that I'm hoping you can help me out. I have one file#1 that contains the following sql statement that spans over multiple lines: sql Select /*+ use_has(a,b) */ * from customer a, customer_address b where a.id = b.id... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pchang
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Write a shell script for SQL loader to load data into a staging table

Hi, I'm new to Linux. I'm working on a database, and need to load data in a database table (which I already created) using shell script. The table has two columns - Acct_number (not nullable) and date (timestamp). I'm not able to write a shell script for that. Can any one help me? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saisudeep
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate sql statement using shell scripting

Can anyone please assist me? I have attached 2 input files and one output file. I need to generate the sql update statements using the above 2 input files. if inputfile2 has 5 rows, then we should generate 5 update statements because column1 is unique. inputfile1 and inputfile2 may contain more... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinus
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run sql query in shell script and output data save as delimited text

I want to run sql query in shell script and output data save as delimited text (delimited text would be comma) Code: SPOOL_FILE=/pgedw/dan.txt SQL=/pgedw/dan.sql sqlplus -s username/password@myhost:port/servicename <<EOF set head on set COLSEP , set linesize 32767 SET TRIMSPOOL ON SET... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jaganjag
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oop to copy and rename files through SQL Statement in shell Script

#!/bin/sh sqlplus -s "/ as sysdba" << EOF SET HEADING OFF SET FEEDBACK OFF Select pt.user_concurrent_program_name , OUTFILE_NAME FROm apps.fnd_concurrent_programs_tl pt, apps.fnd_concurrent_requests f where pt.concurrent_program_id = f.concurrent_program_id and pt.application_id =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: usman_oracle
1 Replies
fileutil::magic::cgen(n)					  file utilities					  fileutil::magic::cgen(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
fileutil::magic::cgen - Generator core for compiler of magic(5) files SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require fileutil::magic::cgen ?1.0? package require fileutil::magic::rt ?1.0? package require struct::tree package require struct::list ::fileutil::magic::cgen::2tree script ::fileutil::magic::cgen::treedump tree ::fileutil::magic::cgen::treegen tree node _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides the generator backend for a compiler of magic(5) files into recognizers based on the fileutil::magic::rt recognizer runtime package. For the compiler frontend using this generator see the package fileutil::magic::cfront. COMMANDS
::fileutil::magic::cgen::2tree script This command converts the recognizer specified by the script into a tree and returns the object command of that tree as its result. It uses the package struct::tree for the tree. The script is in the format specified by magic(5). ::fileutil::magic::cgen::treedump tree This command takes a tree as generated by ::fileutil::magic::cgen::2tree and returns a string encoding the tree for human consump- tion, to aid in debugging. ::fileutil::magic::cgen::treegen tree node This command takes a tree as generated by ::fileutil::magic::cgen::2tree and returns a Tcl script, the recognizer for the file types represented by the sub-tree rooted at the node. The generated script makes extensive use of the commands provided by the recognizer runtime package fileutil::magic::rt to perform its duties. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category fileutil :: magic of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
file(1), fileutil, magic(5) KEYWORDS
file recognition, file type, file utilities, mime, type fumagic 1.0 fileutil::magic::cgen(n)