Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Useradd script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Useradd script Post 302949204 by tshepang on Wednesday 8th of July 2015 05:46:16 AM
Old 07-08-2015
Useradd script

Trying to create a bash script that will read the /etc/passwd file for existing UID's before adding a new user and also does an incremental by allocating the next available UID.And also add the user to the correct group.Please help I am a newbie in scripting.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

useradd script

I have a txt file with many users and I need to add them and create random passwords. Does any one have a script in pearl possible? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: macdonto
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

useradd -c in a script????

Here's my box info: ROOT@fcivra: uname -a SunOS fcivra 5.6 Generic_105181-26 sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-5 I am creating a script called adduser, that will incorporate the useradd command. Here is what it looks like: #!/bin/sh echo "Enter the person's VZID (lower case): \c" read VZID... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdunavent
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

useradd

Gurus, I need to add a user to all the machines. I need a script to do this. I did one but it does not allow me to su to root within a ssh session i open. It exists saying su: Sorry. Please let me know how i can do it. I do not have the freedom of using sudo either. Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: earlysame55
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

useradd?

Hi Experts, when using useradd command, what are the necessary options/arguments to be included? Please advice. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: etcpasswd
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with useradd script

Ok Im trying too make this shell script create users from my text file, I also want to type in a password for the new users. So thay can make a uniq one themself after first logon. #!/bin/sh # Sebastian schmidt clear echo "*************************************************************"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipmunken
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

trouble making a useradd script

i'm new to scripting in unix and am trying to make a script to add a user and an encrypted password for them. this is what i have and it isn't giving me any errors, but when i try to login with the new user, the password doesn't work. i'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: patt4179
1 Replies

7. Solaris

useradd

if useradd command is deleted in solaris how do we add user (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_ng
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

need script for smbldap-useradd/setquota/ldapadd

Hello guys, I am trying to add users to samba/ldap system, set their quota, set them a common password and add auto_home records for the new users User list file is in below format Firstname Lastname Username Command I run to add user is smbldap-useradd -a -m -N $Firstname -S... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
0 Replies

9. Solaris

useradd

I want to creat a 27 logins in solaris.Can anyone tell me how to write a script for that so that i create at a time for all 27 people. Thanks to guide me. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkalyan
6 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD