Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Question on email aliases
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Question on email aliases Post 302949079 by nua7 on Tuesday 7th of July 2015 02:40:59 AM
Old 07-07-2015
What is the command used for sending the email ?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

email reflector question - with postix

hello, i have an email reflector question yoo smtp server experts. 1. i have a static ip address and connected to the internet with dsl. my isp of course blocks port 25 for the smtp server. however i want to send and recieve emails to my home dsl connected computer. 2, i know that i can relay... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mwolfe
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email Question - two email addresses

Hello, I have an email script that runs when a process is complete. I would like to have the email sent to two different email addresses, but it is only sending it to the first one. Can you take a look and see what I need to correct? I thought if I surrounded them with double quotes and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email IDs added to .mailrc aliases not receiving mails

hi, I added an email id to a list of existing aliases in .mailrc on my unix box, using vi editor. However, the new id has not been receiving any mails from the box. Kindly help as to what needs to be done here. Does the box need to be rebooted for these changes to reflect? Is there any other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwerty000
5 Replies
pygm2n(1)						    Python Gateway mail to news 						 pygm2n(1)

NAME
pygm2n - Python Gateway mail to news SYNOPSIS
pygm2n -n newsgroups [ -s newsserver ] [ -h ] DESCRIPTION
IMPORTANT: this man page is to be continued. The Whole pyg gateway is in devel. state. try -h option for more detailed option. pygm2n reads from stdin an email, sending it to newsgroups, a comma separated list without spaces of newsgroup names (at least one), rfc799 compliant. If pygm2n reads from stdin a sigle line starting with /, it is considered an absolute path to a single-email mailbox, so pygm2n will open and read it. Note that now pyg can't read a real mailbox, with many emails. If you give it in input, pyg will post the whole mailbox as a single email. EXAMPLES
There is some documetation in /urs/share/doc/pyg I created mailgate user (moderator of local.moderated ng). Subscribe to a list with this user (or simply email one message to). Every email posted to this user will send to newsgroups, in its .procmailrc I've put something like: :0 bh * ^From *mailinglist-request@lists.debian.org | $HOME/pygm2n -n local.debian.mailinglist AUTHORS
Cosimo Alfarano <alfarano@students.cs.unibo.it> BUGS
Boh. send any bug, advice or opinion to the author, please. Sun Sep 12 18:10:00 CEST 2000 pygm2n(1)