Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Recorder number of process per user Post 302948985 by csierra on Sunday 5th of July 2015 02:29:06 PM
Old 07-05-2015
Hello Don,

It is not a homework.

The purpose is to identify which user of the server has more process in a peak time of the day.

We identify that the server has a lot syscall between 10:00 am and 12:00 pm.

That is the reason to automation the process to collect information during this period ot time.

I though that the comand awk could the appropiate because it has a field capabilities per row but if you consider to create the script using another tool is welcome.

I look forward for your help and support

Regards,

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

number of process?

how i know number of process are currently run on my user area (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: piyush_movadiya
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

number of process

Hi, under AIX 5.2 which (environment) parameter defins the number of processes for the server ? Many thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

System Data Recorder

Monitoring the IT infrastructure is an important key to ensure your business continuity and prepare for future grow. SDR is a simple toolkit, containing a number of data collectors, used to record and report data from your Solaris servers. SDR is mainly designed around Solaris operating system due... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Number of process per user session

Hi All, Do we have any option through which we can limit the number of process which can be started by single user session. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Kill Process(number of process) Unix/Solaris

Hi Experts, we do have a shell script for Unix Solaris, which will kill all the process manullay, it used to work in my previous env, but now it is throwing this error.. could some one please help me to resolve it This is how we execute the script (and this is the requirement) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonnyvic
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to read contents of a file from a given line number upto line number again specified by user

Hello Everyone. I am trying to display contains of a file from a specific line to a specific line(let say, from line number 3 to line number 5). For this I got the shell script as shown below: if ; then if ; then tail +$1 $3 | head -n $2 else ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grc
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor the process system when a process from user takes longer than 15 min run.

get email notification from from system when a process from XXXX user takes longer than 15 min run.Let me know the time estimation for the same. hi ,any one please tell me , how to write a script to get email notification from system when a process from as mentioned above a xxxx user takes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kirankrishna3
1 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)