Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Clipping -awk
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Clipping -awk Post 302948832 by Don Cragun on Thursday 2nd of July 2015 08:20:33 PM
Old 07-02-2015
I could make a lot of wild guesses about what "trim all sequences based on the Reference entry" means based on a sample size of one sample. Instead of all of us making a lot of wild guesses, please explain to us in English what in a Reference entry determines what bits, or bytes, or characters in other entries are supposed to be trimmed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk problem: How to express the single quote(') by using awk print function

Actually I got a list of file end with *.txt I want to use the same command apply to all the *.txt Thus I try to find out the fastest way to write those same command in a script and then want to let them run automatics. For example: I got the file below: file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting/awk help : awk sum output is not comming in regular format. Pls advise.

Hi Experts, I am adding a column of numbers with awk , however not getting correct output: # awk '{sum+=$1} END {print sum}' datafile 2.15291e+06 How can I getthe output like : 2152910 Thank you.. # awk '{sum+=$1} END {print sum}' datafile 2.15079e+06 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: assign variable with -v didn't work in awk filter

I want to filter 2nd column = 2 using awk $ cat t 1 2 2 4 $ VAR=2 #variable worked in print $ cat t | awk -v ID=$VAR ' { print ID}' 2 2 # but variable didn't work in awk filter $ cat t | awk -v ID=$VAR '$2~/ID/ { print $0}' (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read content between xml tags with awk, grep, awk or what ever...

Hello, I trying to extract text that is surrounded by xml-tags. I tried this cat tst.xml | egrep "<SERVER>.*</SERVER>" |sed -e "s/<SERVER>\(.*\)<\/SERVER>/\1/"|tr "|" " " which works perfect, if the start-tag and the end-tag are in the same line, e.g.: <tag1>Hello Linux-Users</tag1> ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sebi0815
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with awk awk: program limit exceeded: sprintf buffer size=1020

Hi I have many problems with a script. I have a script that formats a text file but always prints the same error when i try to execute it The code is that: { if (NF==17){ print $0 }else{ fields=NF; all=$0; while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fate
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparison and editing of files using awk.(And also a possible bug in awk for loop?)

I have two files which I would like to compare and then manipulate in a way. File1: pictures.txt 1.1 1.3 dance.txt 1.2 1.4 treehouse.txt 1.3 1.5 File2: pictures.txt 1.5 ref2313 1.4 ref2345 1.3 ref5432 1.2 ref4244 dance.txt 1.6 ref2342 1.5 ref2352 1.4 ref0695 1.3 ref5738 1.2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linuxkid
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to compare a file with set of files in a directory using 'awk'

Hi, I have a situation to compare one file, say file1.txt with a set of files in directory.The directory contains more than 100 files. To be more precise, the requirement is to compare the first field of file1.txt with the first field in all the files in the directory.The files in the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: anandek
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK one-liner. Need to employ an If condition inside AWK to check for array variable ?

Hello experts, I'm stuck with this script for three days now. Here's what i need. I need to split a large delimited (,) file into 2 files based on the value present in the last field. Samp: Something.csv bca,adc,asdf,123,12C bca,adc,asdf,123,13C def,adc,asdf,123,12A I need this split... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variable argument to a script which is being called inside awk

consider the script below sh /opt/hqe/hqapi1-client-5.0.0/bin/hqapi.sh alert list --host=localhost --port=7443 --user=hqadmin --password=hqadmin --secure=true >/tmp/alerts.xml awk -F'' '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++){ if($i=="Alert id") { if(id!="") if(dt!=""){ cmd="sh someScript.sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk output yields error: awk:can't open job_name (Autosys)

Good evening, Im newbie at unix specially with awk From an scheduler program called Autosys i want to extract some data reading an inputfile that comprises jobs names, then formating the output to columns for example 1. This is the inputfile: $ more MapaRep.txt ds_extra_nikira_usuarios... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
18 Replies
SSERVER(8)							   MIT Kerberos 							SSERVER(8)

NAME
sserver - sample Kerberos version 5 server SYNOPSIS
sserver [ -p port ] [ -S keytab ] [ server_port ] DESCRIPTION
sserver and sclient(1) are a simple demonstration client/server application. When sclient connects to sserver, it performs a Kerberos authentication, and then sserver returns to sclient the Kerberos principal which was used for the Kerberos authentication. It makes a good test that Kerberos has been successfully installed on a machine. The service name used by sserver and sclient is sample. Hence, sserver will require that there be a keytab entry for the service sam- ple/hostname.domain.name@REALM.NAME. This keytab is generated using the kadmin(1) program. The keytab file is usually installed as FILE:/etc/krb5.keytab. The -S option allows for a different keytab than the default. sserver is normally invoked out of inetd(8), using a line in /etc/inetd.conf that looks like this: sample stream tcp nowait root /usr/local/sbin/sserver sserver Since sample is normally not a port defined in /etc/services, you will usually have to add a line to /etc/services which looks like this: sample 13135/tcp When using sclient, you will first have to have an entry in the Kerberos database, by using kadmin(1), and then you have to get Kerberos tickets, by using kinit(1). Also, if you are running the sclient program on a different host than the sserver it will be connecting to, be sure that both hosts have an entry in /etc/services for the sample tcp port, and that the same port number is in both files. When you run sclient you should see something like this: sendauth succeeded, reply is: reply len 32, contents: You are nlgilman@JIMI.MIT.EDU COMMON ERROR MESSAGES
1. kinit returns the error: kinit: Client not found in Kerberos database while getting initial credentials This means that you didn't create an entry for your username in the Kerberos database. 2. sclient returns the error: unknown service sample/tcp; check /etc/services This means that you don't have an entry in /etc/services for the sample tcp port. 3. sclient returns the error: connect: Connection refused This probably means you didn't edit /etc/inetd.conf correctly, or you didn't restart inetd after editing inetd.conf. 4. sclient returns the error: sclient: Server not found in Kerberos database while using sendauth This means that the sample/hostname@LOCAL.REALM service was not defined in the Kerberos database; it should be created using kadmin(1), and a keytab file needs to be generated to make the key for that service principal available for sclient. 5. sclient returns the error: sendauth rejected, error reply is: "No such file or directory" This probably means sserver couldn't find the keytab file. It was probably not installed in the proper directory. SEE ALSO
sclient(1), services(5), inetd(8) AUTHOR
MIT COPYRIGHT
1985-2013, MIT 1.11.3 SSERVER(8)