Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to monitor some UNIX process and send notification in every 10 minutes? Post 302948831 by Smiling Dragon on Thursday 2nd of July 2015 07:25:12 PM
Old 07-02-2015
At a (very) high level, you want:
Code:
while true
do
  for processname in $ListOfProcessesToLookFor
  do
    if processnotrunning $processname
    then
      echo "Oh dear!  The process $processname appears to have stopped!  This message was brought to you by the letter C at `date`" | SendMeAnEmail $MyEmailAddress "Warning: Process $processname is not running!"
    fi
  done
  sleep $TimeToWaitBetweenChecks
done

This User Gave Thanks to Smiling Dragon For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Event Monitor notification : Severity Serious : what does that mean ???

Hi I received this mail (root) on my hp-ux 11.00. >------------ Event Monitoring Service Event Notification ------------< Notification Time: Thu Mar 22 08:41:28 2007 hostname sent Event Monitor notification information: /storage/events/disks/default/0_0_1_1.0.0 is >= 3. Its current value... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: touny
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killing of a process and send a mail if the process doesnot come up within 2 minutes

Hi Friends, I am new to this forum as well as new to shell scripting. I have a problem here and i need someone to solve this. Let us consider there are two processes(abc & def).There is a script which kills these two processes(i.e killtheprocess abc). Here abc is the argument . There is a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prince89
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor process running on server and posting a mail if any process is dead

Hello all, I would be happy if any one could help me with a shell script that would determine all the processes running on a Unix server and post a mail if any of the process is not running or aborted. Thanks in advance Regards, pradeep kulkarni. :mad: (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepmacha
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor the process system when a process from user takes longer than 15 min run.

get email notification from from system when a process from XXXX user takes longer than 15 min run.Let me know the time estimation for the same. hi ,any one please tell me , how to write a script to get email notification from system when a process from as mentioned above a xxxx user takes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kirankrishna3
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send Fault Alarm SMS Every 30 Minutes

Hi All, I am working in telecom sector. I want to send a fault alarm SMS in every 30 min. Ex.. If one alarm come at say 12:00 and its up say upto 18:00.in this case i want to send a SMS to concern person for every half an hour...can you plz suggest me script which will do the same Awaiting for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sususa
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

check postfix deferred mail and send notification script

Hi Guys, I have a postfix server which is deferring emails. Now I need to send notification to a specific email address if: The sender of the deferred email is: abc@example.com Contains specific subjects: a file (/opt/subjects) contains all the subjects in place Then need to send a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxrulz
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count the size and send notification

Hello, I want to do something simple, I want to count the dir size (du -sh directoryname) and then check if it is over 100GB. If it is more than 100GB I want to send a notification , if it less than 100GB the script can just stop. I know how to count with du -sh and how to send an email... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaRiOsGR
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor and restart UNIX process

Hi all, Tearing my hair out..! I have a requirement to monitor and restart a unix process via a simple watchdog script. I have the following 3 scripts that dont work for me.. script 1 (only produces 1 output if process is up or not)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonnyd
4 Replies

9. HP-UX

Critical Sevices and Process to be monitor on UNIX servers

Need to note the list of critical / important services and process need to monitor on unix server always with one line explanation for severity. Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: marunmeera
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send a file in UNIX through email which is created only 15 minutes before the current time?

I wanted to send an email to the client whenever there is failed record created in a /feed/HR-76/failed folder after processing of feed file. I can find out with the help of below script that what is the new file created but that file didn't make just 15 minutes before. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: puneetkhullar
1 Replies
stopped(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						stopped(7)

NAME
stopped - event signalling that a job has stopped SYNOPSIS
stopped JOB=JOB INSTANCE=INSTANCE RESULT=RESULT [PROCESS=PROCESS] [EXIT_STATUS=STATUS] [EXIT_SIGNAL=SIGNAL] [ENV]... DESCRIPTION
The stopped event is generated by the Upstart init(8) daemon when an instance of a job has stopped. The JOB environment variable contains the job name, and the INSTANCE environment variable contains the instance name which will be empty for single-instance jobs. If the job was stopped normally, the RESULT environment variable will be ok, otherwise if the job was stopped because it has failed it will be failed. When the job has failed, the process that failed will be given in the PROCESS environment variable. This may be pre-start, post-start, main, pre-stop or post-stop; it may also be the special value respawn to indicate that the job was stopped because it hit the respawn limit. Finally in the case of a failed job, one of either EXIT_STATUS or EXIT_SIGNAL may be given to indicate the cause of the stop. Either EXIT_STATUS will contain the exit status code of the process, or EXIT_SIGNAL will contain the name of the signal that the process received. The normal exit job configuration stanza can be used to prevent particular exit status values or signals resulting in a failed job, see init(5) for more information. If neither EXIT_STATUS or EXIT_SIGNAL is given for a failed process, it is because the process failed to spawn (for example, file not found). See the system logs for the error. init(8) emits this event as an informational signal, services and tasks started or stopped by this event will do so in parallel with other activity. It is typically combined with the starting(7) event by services when inserting themselves as a dependency. Job configuration files may use the export stanza to export environment variables from their own environment into the stopped event. See init(5) for more details. EXAMPLE
A service that wishes to be running whenever another service would be running, started before and stopped after it, might use: start on starting apache stop on stopped apache A task that must be run after another task or service has been stopped might use: start on stopped postgresql SEE ALSO
starting(7) started(7) stopping(7) init(5) Upstart 2009-07-09 stopped(7)