Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting all the subdirectories inside directories in excel file Post 302948745 by Don Cragun on Thursday 2nd of July 2015 02:51:39 AM
Old 07-02-2015
If you don't mind having a trailing backslash printed with your directory names, the trivial way to do it is:
Code:
printf '%s\n' /a/b/c/home??/*/

If you do mind the trailing backslash, you can use a for loop on the same pathname pattern and print the loop control variable with the backslash stripped off.

Of course, how you put the results into an excel spreadsheet is up to you.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 07-02-2015 at 03:55 AM.. Reason: Add note about excel file creation.
This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissions for Directories and Subdirectories

Is it possible to have a directory owned (by root) with permissions drwx------ and then have a sub directory of rwxrwxrwx. I know that this may be soo simple but I had no luck googling it. Thanks for your help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clancymf
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display only subdirectories from given directories

Hi Genius, I would like to display all the subdirectories only with timestamp. For exmple: Given Directory : orabkup /orabkup total 11365112 drwxr-xr-x 9 oracle oradba 256 Jan 03 16:01 db1 /orabkup/db1: total 0 drwxr-xr-x 2 oracle oradba 256 Jan 03 16:01... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: HAA
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing directories and subdirectories

How can list the directories and the subdirectories in a folder. It is possible with a single UNIX command. For example i have a folder named "archive" and another folder named "0808" and then multiple folders are there ... Can i list all the directories and subdirectories in the folder... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karansachdeva
6 Replies

4. AIX

recursive archive directories and subdirectories

Hi everyone, Maybe this is simple question for many of you, but I get confused.:confused: How to archive a parent directory which contains some subdirectories and some files? I have searched this forum, there are some commands like tar,etc, I tried but can not be implemented in my system.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonSurya
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find files only inside the subdirectories only?

Hi I have a directory with two subdirectories and also have a code like below to search files modified in last 2 minutes. # ls hello080909.txt inbox outbox # find . -type f -mmin +2 ./inbox/hello2080909.txt ./outbox/hi0080909.txt ./hello080909.txt The above code just searches and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

backup of directories and subdirectories

Hello I'm new to the area Bash scripting and that is why I have a search script that is run on my unix server and always when I start the server or every 24 hours The script will create backups of directories and subdirectories I never found what I'm here make a new thread ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HansWurst
1 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Perl Script to read an excel file into an array and search in the UNIX directories

Hi, I want the Perl script with versions 5.8.2 and 5.8.5 starting with #!/usr/bin/perl The Perl program should read the excel file or text file line by line and taking into an array and search in the UNIX directories for reference file of .jsp or .js or .xsl with path .The Object names... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasam
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find directories without subdirectories

Hello, I have to find all directories, which contain files, but dont have subdirectories. For example if i have tree like: ├── kat11 │ ├── kat21 │ │ └── Dokument\ bez\ nazwy │ └── kat22 │ ├── kat31 │ │ └── Dokument\ bez\ nazwy │ └── kat32 │ └──... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: eValker
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping inside directories based on a file which contains file directory list

Hi All, Please help. I have got a file which contains a listing of a file and some directories after it, one by one. I am calling this file xyz.txt here file1 dir1 dir2 dir3 dir4 file2 dir5 dir6 dir7 dir8 file3 dir9 dir10 dir11 dir12 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Piyush Jakra
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove all the subdirectories except latest 5 inside any given directory

I Want to remove all the sub-directories except latest five in any given TGTDIR. Is there a way to do so without making a cd to TGTDIR? I have tried the following but not worked. Thank you. rm -rf `ls -t $TGTDIR | awk 'NR>5'` (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devendra Hupri
20 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD