Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO FATAL BOOT ERROR: Can’t load stage 3 Post 302948710 by jgt on Wednesday 1st of July 2015 01:34:44 PM
Old 07-01-2015
Install Microlite Edge on the RAID0 system.
Create the recovery CD.
Boot from the recovery CD to confirm that it works.
Re-install the RAID5.
Boot from the recovery CD.
What if?
Assuming that the data that you want is not in the root file system, create a backup of the RAID0 system, boot from the recovery CD and restore the root and stand file systems to the RAID5 disks. Then you should be able to boot 7.1.4 from the RAID5 system, and add the mount points and mount the non-root file systems.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ld: fatal error

dear all , iam trying to compile a progam using gcc compiler on a sun 280 R machine running solaris 9 . iam getting an error in the last step when the compiler tries to link the objects , although the compiler executes some applicarions that contains no objects smoothly, the error that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppass
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot loader problem - can't load linux

Hi i have both Linux and Windows XP on my PC. i used to use grub as a boot loader and everything was perfect, until i reinstalled Windows. apparently, Windows installer installed its own bootloader, that doesn't recognize Linux. i tried using a tool called GrubInstaller for Windows, and now... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shx2
4 Replies

3. Programming

Fatal Error

Hi, I just pulled out my code from source control, then I compiled, the compilation is successful at that time. Then I modified one of the source file, Then I compiled, I got the following error ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to ../../CM/bin/cato Before... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarwan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Boot-up failure: (Can't load swapgeneric)

zero experience Unix user here. Cannot boot our Sparc10. Running: SunOS release 5.3 Version Generic_Patch message says: (Can't load swapgeneric) Program terminated Tried to 'boot -s' , but this looks like a problem w/ Generic_Patch maybe? At bootup, the devices come up fine and it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: man_of_action
0 Replies

5. Solaris

boot load failed

I modified the partitions on my Solaris 10 disk using format command in "boot cdrom -s" mode and then tried rebooting with "reboot". It said "Boot load failed". Why does this happen? I have faced this error before:( and I went in for a fresh installation of the OS.Can anyone tell me the reason as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lydiaEd
1 Replies

6. SCO

stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot

hi SCO Unix 5.0.6 doesn't boot due to this problem: not a directory boot not found cannot open stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot Knows someone howto solve it? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
16 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 won't boot up "Cannot load drivers for /pci@400.....

This is the error message that I am getting on a Solaris 10 sparc server scsi: no major number cannot load drivers for /pci@400..... Can't load the root filesystem Type 'go' to resume {0} ok Is there a way for me to correct this issue. It looks like I am missing a scsi driver to boot up... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: trinityforce
5 Replies

8. Solaris

FATAL: system is not bootable, boot command is disabled

Dear all, I Need your help,my server v240 with sun solaris 10 can't remote login.I try conncet via rsc and then go to OK prom....and i get the status : {1} ok boot -a FATAL: system is not bootable, boot command is disabled {1} ok boot cdrom -s FATAL: system is not bootable, boot command is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredginting
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Fresh Install - Boot Load Failed

I have M10-1. Installation OS 10 from cdrom external. Here message from OK Prompt {0} ok probe-scsi-all /pci@8000/pci@4/pci@0/pci@2/pci@0/usb@4,1/cdrom@1 Unit 0 Removable Read Only device HL-DT-STDVDRAM GP65NB60 PF00 But.. {0} ok boot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbahjiman
3 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

PHP Fatal Errors During SSL Cert Management - PHP Fatal error: xc_fcntl_mutex failed

Today, I noticed some errors in our SSL cert renewal log files, mostly related to domains where the IP address had changed. Concerned about this, rebuilt out SSL cert, which normally goes well without a hiccup. However, for today, for some reason which I cannot explain, there was a PHP error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
raidtab(5)							File Formats Manual							raidtab(5)

NAME
raidtab - configuration file for md (RAID) devices DESCRIPTION
/etc/raidtab is the default configuration file for the raid tools (raidstart and company). It defines how RAID devices are configured on a system. FORMAT
/etc/raidtab has multiple sections, one for each md device which is being configured. Each section begins with the raiddev keyword. The order of items in the file is important. Later raiddev entries can use earlier ones (which allows RAID-10, for example), and the parsing code isn't overly bright, so be sure to follow the ordering in this man page for best results. Here's a sample md configuration file: # # sample raiddev configuration file # 'old' RAID0 array created with mdtools. # raiddev /dev/md0 raid-level 0 nr-raid-disks 2 persistent-superblock 0 chunk-size 8 device /dev/hda1 raid-disk 0 device /dev/hdb1 raid-disk 1 raiddev /dev/md1 raid-level 5 nr-raid-disks 3 nr-spare-disks 1 persistent-superblock 1 parity-algorithm left-symmetric device /dev/sda1 raid-disk 0 device /dev/sdb1 raid-disk 1 device /dev/sdc1 raid-disk 2 device /dev/sdd1 spare-disk 0 Here is more information on the directives which are in raid configuration files; the options are listen in this file in the same order they should appear in the actual configuration file. raiddev device This introduces the configuration section for the stated device. nr-raid-disks count Number of raid devices in the array; there should be count raid-disk entries later in the file. (current maximum limit for RAID devices -including spares- is 12 disks. This limit is already extended to 256 disks in experimental patches.) nr-spare-disks count Number of spare devices in the array; there should be count spare-disk entries later in the file. Spare disks may only be used with RAID4 and RAID5, and allow the kernel to automatically build new RAID disks as needed. It is also possible to add/remove spares run- time via raidhotadd/raidhotremove, care has to be taken that the /etc/raidtab configuration exactly follows the actual configuration of the array. (raidhotadd/raidhotremove does not change the configuration file) persistent-superblock 0/1 newly created RAID arrays should use a persistent superblock. A persistent superblock is a small disk area allocated at the end of each RAID device, this helps the kernel to safely detect RAID devices even if disks have been moved between SCSI controllers. It can be used for RAID0/LINEAR arrays too, to protect against accidental disk mixups. (the kernel will either correctly reorder disks, or will refuse to start up an array if something has happened to any member disk. Of course for the 'fail-safe' RAID variants (RAID1/RAID5) spares are activated if any disk fails.) Every member disk/partition/device has a superblock, which carries all information necessary to start up the whole array. (for autodetection to work all the 'member' RAID partitions should be marked type 0xfd via fdisk) The superblock is not visible in the final RAID array and cannot be destroyed accidentally through usage of the md device files, all RAID data content is available for filesystem use. parity-algorithm which The parity-algorithm to use with RAID5. It must be one of left-asymmetric, right-asymmetric, left-symmetric, or right-symmetric. left-symmetric is the one that offers maximum performance on typical disks with rotating platters. chunk-size size Sets the stripe size to size kilobytes. Has to be a power of 2 and has a compilation-time maximum of 4M. (MAX_CHUNK_SIZE in the ker- nel driver) typical values are anything from 4k to 128k, the best value should be determined by experimenting on a given array, alot depends on the SCSI and disk configuration. device devpath Adds the device devpath to the list of devices which comprise the raid system. Note that this command must be followed by one of raid-disk, spare-disk, or parity-disk. Also note that it's possible to recursively define RAID arrays, ie. to set up a RAID5 array of RAID5 arrays. (thus achieving two-disk failure protection, at the price of more disk space spent on RAID5 checksum blocks) raid-disk index The most recently defined device is inserted at position index in the raid array. spare-disk index The most recently defined device is inserted at position index in the spare disk array. parity-disk index The most recently defined device is moved to the end of the raid array, which forces it to be used for parity. failed-disk index The most recently defined device is inserted at position index in the raid array as a failed device. This allows you to create raid 1/4/5 devices in degraded mode - useful for installation. Don't use the smallest device in an array for this, put this after the raid-disk definitions! NOTES
The raidtools are derived from the md-tools and raidtools packages, which were originally written by Marc Zyngier, Miguel de Icaza, Gadi Oxman, Bradley Ward Allen, and Ingo Molnar. SEE ALSO
raidstart(8), raid0run(8), mkraid(8), raidstop(8) raidtab(5)